Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496089 times)
BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #4200 on: April 25, 2016, 10:34:20 PM »

I do have a few suggestions, that I would love to see on the product pages as options.
Please let me know if you like any of the following.
We'll go with some of the most popular sabers, and some that I feel need a little more in the way of options.
Archon V2.1:
We'll start with the neck, and how I feel it needs some broader color options.  Since it is already black, the logical options would be Gold, Azure, Crimson, and Silver.
Next is the grip section, which I feel needs a few cosmetic options.  Basically a standard version, and a granade style version would be interesting.  I would also like to see an option to leave this section black, or

silver.
Next is the switch, an interesting option here would be an activation box in either black or silver.
As for the rest of the saber, I can't think of anything else to do to it.
Chosen One:
This is a saber that in my opinion is screaming for some interesting options.
Lets start with the emitter.  Different styles and colors come to mind.  Leaving the emitter silver, or making it gold would be pretty impressive.  Changing its shape would be interesting too.  Maybe three versions,

the standard version, a more rounded shaped still slanted, and one with a reduced angle of slant.  The windos and no windows options are still a must.
The same color options could be said for the rest of the saber.  Maybe this could even apply to the grip.
Consular:
The only options I'd like to see on this saber are involving the shroud.  Holes along the back of it would be appealing, plus a selection of colors, gold, azure, crimson, and maybe even black would be interesting.
If the shroud were black, maybe the body would have to be another color, like silver, gold, azure, or crimson.
Guardian:
This one is almost perfect, it just needs some color options of its own.  Maybe black, gold, azure, or crimson for the shroud.  I'd leave the body itself entirely alone.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4201 on: April 26, 2016, 05:57:38 PM »

Metal guarded switches

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4202 on: April 26, 2016, 07:41:44 PM »

Metal guarded switches

I doubt we'll see that, now that AV switches are an option on all sabers. Good idea, though.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4203 on: April 26, 2016, 08:17:43 PM »

I doubt we'll see that, now that AV switches are an option on all sabers. Good idea, though.

If it can be broken, I will find a way.

US was awesome and fixed the button for me btw.
Idk what I can do about this notch in my switch on my DSI.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:23:43 PM by Samhain138 » Logged

Darth_Seishin
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -18

You Don't Know the Power of the Darkside!

« Reply #4204 on: April 26, 2016, 09:03:21 PM »

The Omen, Flamberge, and Renegade are all excellent Claymore sword type designs, but I would like to see other weapons as well like Rapiers, Gladius, Katana, etc. types as well. A little more in terms of hilt variety for a more unique type of diverse fantasy lightsaber.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #4205 on: April 26, 2016, 10:41:00 PM »

The Omen, Flamberge, and Renegade are all excellent Claymore sword type designs, but I would like to see other weapons as well like Rapiers, Gladius, Katana, etc. types as well. A little more in terms of hilt variety for a more unique type of diverse fantasy lightsaber.
On this note, a hilt with an oval shape would be pretty cool too.  Something other than the normal cylindrical shape we always get.

Darth_Seishin
Knight Officer

« Reply #4206 on: April 26, 2016, 11:31:15 PM »

On this note, a hilt with an oval shape would be pretty cool too.  Something other than the normal cylindrical shape we always get.

Yeah, just basically a more diverse amount of hilt designs rather than just differences in color and length.

azn86.jedi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 32

The struggle betwix light and darkness never ends

« Reply #4207 on: April 29, 2016, 04:10:22 AM »

Speaking of katanas, what about a curved polycarbonate blade? Not sure how it would be made, but it certainly would suit the look of a katana type hilt!

Ultrasabers-
Guardian GB^|Consular FO|Archon v2.1 CG|Manticore CE VA|Bellicose BR|>Emerald+Obs v4
Sentinel V4 FO|Dominix LE V4 BR Staff|Dark Initiate V4 BR|2x Dark Sentinel LE V4 CG|Dark Liberator AB|Aeon V4 BR|Std Issue BS BR|>stunt
Co-Founder: Southern Rogues Saber TCC Website: https://www.facebook.com/SothernRoguesTCC/

Darth_Seishin
Knight Officer

« Reply #4208 on: April 29, 2016, 04:26:44 AM »

Speaking of katanas, what about a curved polycarbonate blade? Not sure how it would be made, but it certainly would suit the look of a katana type hilt!

That could be interesting

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4209 on: April 29, 2016, 05:08:39 PM »

Actually, since the poly-blades are a polymer, if you subject them to the right stresses for the appropriate time, the blades will acquire a curve. Try leaving an assembled saber, tip to the floor, leaning at an angle in a warm room for about a week or two. That should produce a nice curved blade.

Personally I hate the concept of a shaped or curved blade. It's a LASER beam contained within a field. It can't be curved.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #4210 on: April 29, 2016, 05:31:12 PM »

Actually, since the poly-blades are a polymer, if you subject them to the right stresses for the appropriate time, the blades will acquire a curve. Try leaving an assembled saber, tip to the floor, leaning at an angle in a warm room for about a week or two. That should produce a nice curved blade.

Personally I hate the concept of a shaped or curved blade. It's a LASER beam contained within a field. It can't be curved.

Even if the curve is attainable, I suspect the brightness of the blade would suffer quite a bit from it.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4211 on: April 29, 2016, 05:35:14 PM »

Even if the curve is attainable, I suspect the brightness of the blade would suffer quite a bit from it.

Yeah, now that you mention it, deformation of the blade film will affect its performance.

I accidentally crinkled the film at the base once. I managed to mostly fix it, but it's still creased in spots, producing an "unstable" appearance in that section. I wish I could achieve that along the length.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

The Force Will Be With You...Always

« Reply #4212 on: April 30, 2016, 03:29:44 AM »

Yeah, now that you mention it, deformation of the blade film will affect its performance.

I accidentally crinkled the film at the base once. I managed to mostly fix it, but it's still creased in spots, producing an "unstable" appearance in that section. I wish I could achieve that along the length.

that appearance would go good with the Unstable Saber sound font found on this forum!

McClane
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #4213 on: April 30, 2016, 06:33:44 PM »

PLEASE sell the Flamberge, Renegade and Renegade Small pommels separately!

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4214 on: April 30, 2016, 07:00:56 PM »

PLEASE sell the Flamberge, Renegade and Renegade Small pommels separately!

Have you emailed US and inquired about them? I've seen some people with those pommels on other sabers, and they got them separately.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: