Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496503 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4605 on: October 30, 2016, 02:06:30 PM »

Here's my take on the whole sound card issue:

• Obsidian 3.1 replaces Obsidian 3. I like that. Have it come with two banks. One you can customize, and one is locked as a mute font. If that can even be done. It's still $10 less than Obsidian 4.

• Two versions of Obsidian Lite. One is the standard Obsidian font, and the other is the standard Sith font. No changing ability. You specify which one you want in the build screens, and if you don't, or if you select one that isn't offered, you get the Obsidian as default, kind of like they do with AS FoC.

As for the different sounds from the shows, I actually like that. I've always thought that different sabers should make different sounds, because their components are different.Just like different engines in cars make different sounds.

I like your ideas for the sound cards.  I'd pay for an Obsidian V3.1 just as you describe it.  However, for me, there's currently no advantage to an Obsidian V3 over a Lite.  I don't run Windows on my computers, nor do I have a Mac, so the $40 upgrade from Lite to V3 still leaves me with a sound card with only one font.  Meanwhile, a V4 comes with seven fonts and a mute, for only $10 more.  However, I'd pay that $40 upgrade fee to have a mute function in a V3.  It comes in handy sometimes.

As for the Lite, having a Dark Side option is a great idea.  You still can't change the font, but have a cool Sith sounding one when you fire up your saber.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4606 on: October 30, 2016, 02:36:53 PM »

Right. A lot of red blade owners want that Sith sound.

Personally, I don't see the appeal of the v3, either. You get so much more with v4 for only $10. It's a no brainer for me. If I'm going for premium sound, it's v4 all day.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4607 on: October 30, 2016, 02:44:16 PM »

Personally, I don't see the appeal of the v3, either. You get so much more with v4 for only $10. It's a no brainer for me. If I'm going for premium sound, it's v4 all day.

That was exactly my thought when I was ordering my Electrum Wind.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4608 on: October 30, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »

Right. A lot of red blade owners want that Sith sound.

I got V3 on my Manticore.  It's pretty cool. I have the "BlackStar" font on it.

V4 is awesome-tastic though. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #4609 on: October 30, 2016, 06:46:32 PM »

The only thing about the Sith font is that the hum is very loud, I turned the hum down to 70% then it's fine. I also use the "Episode I" retract sound. I think the BlackStar font would be a better choice.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4610 on: October 30, 2016, 07:11:42 PM »

Getting into all that, though, would then be the advantage to going premium. Keep it simple with the Lite. Obsidian or Sith. You want others? Get premium and pay for that ability. You want your blades to not dim? Then go premium and get li-ion.

I like BlackStar too, but it's less movie accurate than the Sith sound font, and that's what many people want.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Nelo Angelo
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -83

« Reply #4611 on: October 31, 2016, 09:25:14 AM »

How about 1 card (emerald/obsidian hybrid) to do both the colour mixing and sound instead of having 2 cards? It would save on space. There can be a lower tier model which can only change fonts but has some of the functionality of the emerald, i.e. pulse/flicker settings (albeit on a basic level). If you want to customize that you get the higher tier colour mixing board?

Lets face it, in this day an age, it can be done, nay has been done in the wider saber community?

" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4612 on: October 31, 2016, 05:35:11 PM »

Rather than a 3.1 what about a LITE v2?  With some kind of way to turn the sound off (mute it).   But also the ability to get a limited selection from the basic sound fonts preinstalled?  The default Obsidian sound is good and all, but I'm certain some people would like a Sith-like sounding saber without having to install it or even having to mess with a computer.  The LITE would be just fine for these people who don't want to mess with things, but would like their red bladed ultrasaber to sound more like Darth Vader's lightsaber than Obi-wan Kenobi's lightsaber.

Also I've noticed that both Ezra's and Ahsoka's Rebels era blades have a different sound to them than the regular ligthsabers.  What is that?

You're talking about the Lites being programmed to with specific fonts so you can choose what font you want? I think I suggested that as well a while back.

I wouldn't want Lite per se, because the Li-ion setup does a better job illuminating the blade than standard. But I just want a single programmable slot and a mute. To me that would be Obs.3.1.

@ Calon,

I don't think it would cost all that much more. Considering that the V4 has 8x the storage capacity for only an extra $10, an added mute shouldn't cost anything at all.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #4613 on: November 01, 2016, 04:11:05 AM »

I know this is the wrong place to ask this question, but with my blindness I wanted this question to be seen as many times as possible.
Can anyone personal message me with a parts list from TCSS to create a more accurate representation of the following sabers?
•Anakin's - AOTC.
•Luke's - ROTJ.
•Obiwan's - ROTS.
•Emperor's - ROTS.
Thanks everyone.

Blind Jedi out.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #4614 on: November 01, 2016, 07:41:31 PM »

@ Calon,

I don't think it would cost all that much more. Considering that the V4 has 8x the storage capacity for only an extra $10, an added mute shouldn't cost anything at all.

So instead of adding it as an extra option it would just replace the V3 entirely?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4615 on: November 01, 2016, 08:57:56 PM »

So instead of adding it as an extra option it would just replace the V3 entirely?
Exactly.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #4616 on: November 02, 2016, 01:45:15 PM »

^^^Really like this idea

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #4617 on: November 02, 2016, 08:12:24 PM »

On the raffle page one of the prizes is a 2-Channel driver Emerald saber, I wish they'd bring back the 2-channels for purchase. :/

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #4618 on: November 02, 2016, 09:00:14 PM »

On the raffle page one of the prizes is a 2-Channel driver Emerald saber, I wish they'd bring back the 2-channels for purchase. :/

YOU CAN'T PURCHASE THEM ANYMORE??? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #4619 on: November 02, 2016, 09:02:15 PM »

*GASP* Egads! You're right! I checked and the option is GONE.

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: