Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496145 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8385 on: June 12, 2020, 02:04:37 AM »

Yes, it was in reference to font styles in word processing programs (I think Word Perfect was the first to use them, but I could be wrong) before 3D modelling. I'm pretty sure it was the predecessor to True Type fonts.

I'm also pretty sure I've said this before, but I want them to bring back the Crimson Standard Issue and Crimson Liberator. But in a slightly darker red.

Oh, no, this was a feature of the spiffy whiz-bang word-processing programs prior to Word Perfect, and prior to IBM PCs; my Tandy TDP-100 had one (but I can’t remember the name of it now).

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Gryphawoo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #8386 on: June 22, 2020, 04:22:10 AM »

I think it's weird how the 32 and 36 inch blades are $10 more on the apprentice and initiate sabers but don't cost any extra on the standard versions especially considering the smaller versions are generally $10 cheaper than the standards anyway so there's really no reason to buy those versions when it's the same price to get the full sized ones with the same blades. In short I think the 32 and possibly 36 inch blades shouldn't cost any extra for the initiate and apprentice sabers.
(that extra $20 is the only thing keeping me from getting an initiate staff rn)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8387 on: June 22, 2020, 06:56:37 PM »

I think it's weird how the 32 and 36 inch blades are $10 more on the apprentice and initiate sabers but don't cost any extra on the standard versions especially considering the smaller versions are generally $10 cheaper than the standards anyway so there's really no reason to buy those versions when it's the same price to get the full sized ones with the same blades. In short I think the 32 and possibly 36 inch blades shouldn't cost any extra for the initiate and apprentice sabers.
(that extra $20 is the only thing keeping me from getting an initiate staff rn)
I think it has more to do with Ini length sabers are geared more toward younglings, so they are trying to recoup some losses of selling discounted longer blades for sabers.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

baanc
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #8388 on: June 22, 2020, 07:15:38 PM »

I would love a Kit Fisto saber, like a replica from the ones in the movies, does Ultrasabers sell anything like this?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8389 on: June 22, 2020, 07:22:24 PM »

Not presently.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #8390 on: June 23, 2020, 01:37:40 AM »

I still want a new Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber, from episode III. I also want a dark version of the Guardian, it would go really nicely with the dark Graflex.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8391 on: June 23, 2020, 11:33:08 AM »

I say more love for the Brood Guards. I would love to see a V5 version or at the very least, an LE version for the silver hilt.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #8392 on: June 23, 2020, 12:00:41 PM »

Powder coat options would be cool

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8393 on: June 23, 2020, 12:54:27 PM »

I say more love for the Brood Guards. I would love to see a V5 version or at the very least, an LE version for the silver hilt.
I know it might be more expensive, but I would loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee to see dark LEs with GOLD instead of silver.......or better yet: RED!

Sig by For Tyeth

Gryphawoo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #8394 on: June 23, 2020, 01:18:09 PM »

a 28" blade option would be great instead of having to buy 32s and cut them yourself. preferably not costing any extra on initiate and apprentice sabers. it's really weird how the blade sizes go by 4s but then have that gap

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8395 on: June 23, 2020, 01:21:55 PM »

a 28" blade option would be great instead of having to buy 32s and cut them yourself. preferably not costing any extra on initiate and apprentice sabers. it's really weird how the blade sizes go by 4s but then have that gap
Actually, they do offer custom blade lengths, but they upcharge for the added labor.

Sig by For Tyeth

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #8396 on: June 23, 2020, 01:23:27 PM »

To be frank, most of ultrasabers' catalog is not to my taste. The inspired hilts aren't screen accurate enough for me, except the empress which I HAD to buy when I saw it =p.
So, for me to buy more, those hilts would need to become more screen accurate. Which is not wanted by most it would seem. (And which would probably cause legal issues).
And most of their non inspired it don't do it for me. So, it will be a question of what they release next. =)

EDIT : Never say, Fountain, I will not drink of thy water. As a matter of fact, I do like the Menace SE for an eventual staff. And the butcher. And the Fallen... And I should have kept my mouth shut xD

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8397 on: June 23, 2020, 06:16:05 PM »

To be frank, most of ultrasabers' catalog is not to my taste. The inspired hilts aren't screen accurate enough for me, except the empress which I HAD to buy when I saw it =p.
So, for me to buy more, those hilts would need to become more screen accurate. Which is not wanted by most it would seem. (And which would probably cause legal issues).
And most of their non inspired it don't do it for me. So, it will be a question of what they release next. =)

EDIT : Never say, Fountain, I will not drink of thy water. As a matter of fact, I do like the Menace SE for an eventual staff. And the butcher. And the Fallen... And I should have kept my mouth shut xD
US never claimed to make screen accurate replicas. They deal in COMBAT sabers, so the designs first and foremost have to be able to withstand blows. It has been my experience that they also try to do it for less than everybody else. So to keep costs down they sacrifice things like scale and visual accuracy. Other times I feel that this adds to certain hilts. Case in point: the Archon. It's loosely based on Luke's, but it is bigger, and has no uncomfortable activation box, no D-ring, and no spindly thin neck. All of these differences IMO improve this model. The Archon is one of my all-time favorites from US.

Sig by For Tyeth

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #8398 on: June 23, 2020, 06:47:51 PM »

US never claimed to make screen accurate replicas. They deal in COMBAT sabers, so the designs first and foremost have to be able to withstand blows. It has been my experience that they also try to do it for less than everybody else. So to keep costs down they sacrifice things like scale and visual accuracy. Other times I feel that this adds to certain hilts. Case in point: the Archon. It's loosely based on Luke's, but it is bigger, and has no uncomfortable activation box, no D-ring, and no spindly thin neck. All of these differences IMO improve this model. The Archon is one of my all-time favorites from US.
I do understand where it comes from. It was merely a statement as to what I look for in sabers for now.
I'm not a fan of Luke's green lightsaber or Obi-Wan's Ep 3/4 lightsaber.
It might add to certain hilts, though it will always remain a matter of taste and the number of hilts they have ensures everyone can find something they like... I know I did x) But it will also stop me from buying most of their stuff.
I need to stop looking at the list though. Cause I add one I like everytime.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8399 on: June 23, 2020, 07:01:43 PM »

I need to stop looking at the list though. Cause I add one I like everytime.

I think we all feel that way from time to time.  Congratulations!  You’re even more a part of this community than you knew.   Smiley Wink

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: