Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Holiday Shopping Plans Free Initiate  (Read 399 times)
CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« on: December 05, 2023, 08:50:52 PM »

I did the free initiate promo in the past; they were Initiate V2s (not sound capable) as expected.  This time, however, the offer is a bit different:

"(Free Initiates are grab bag style, random version and finish hilts with electronics installed and 24″ Initiate blade attached)"

I checked with customer service; if you do the $50 dollar sound upgrade to a free saber promo, they are not sending a V2. I imagine it will be an Initiate V3 or V4 ("free initiate") - but I am crossing my fingers that random means grab bag style random (anything is possible).  Either way, this is a saber with sound for $50 when you when you spend $300.  I don't think you can beat that price anywhere.  Worst case, I give it to my nephew; best case I keep it for myself Wink I will let folks know what I get! 

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 02:23:44 AM »

I've gotten a number of Initiates out of Grab Bags, so I wouldn't count on them not having plenty of V3s and V4s (and maybe even some V5s) for the sound upgrade. Wink

CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 02:31:31 AM »

Dare to dream, etc. 😀

I ended buying an empty dark war glave body along with my order.  If I don't love what I get, I may try and swap the guts into that body.  I've had luck changing the LEDs, but this is more ambitious.  Still, for 50 bucks, it might be worth the risk of screwing it up.  Also, would be a fun!

CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 08:34:11 PM »

For the record, I recieved Initiate V3 (silver blade) with sound for the $50 sound add on my free initate.  Pretty solid!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: