Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: comparing the Blues  (Read 12335 times)
Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 08:33:40 PM »

Guardian Blue on the left, Arctic Blue next, SRD next, EG on the far right.  Each one of these is a progression from 100% Blue LED to 25% blue with 75% green.

All this photo needs is the addition of a consular green saber on the far right.    Wink

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 06:17:32 AM »

I used to think that AB was the more classic movie blue blade color. But over the weekend I bladed up my sabers for a photo shoot, and put my GB Belli AB Dox V3 and my Emerald Mantis running an AB w/ pulse.

Both the Dom and Belli had UE blades in. I've been known to have a high sensitivity to color changes, but I only saw maybe a marginal difference between the AB and GB. However, the Emerald AB had a more noticeable difference. However, the Mantis had a std mid-grade in.

There were also some spec differences between these sabers as well. Does anyone know if there is a color difference that is created between the 4-AAA setup and the Li-Ion setup?

I've also noticed that there is just a difference between the hard-wired MLS mixed colors and Emerald created colors. I first fell in love with Emerald SY, but was less than thrilled when I got the SY MLS with my Manticore. Not that it was bad, it just wasn't as good as I remembered it.

What I know from my lot of sabers is, with the standard AAA setup, as the batteries drain the colour definitely changes in many of the LED's..... the single diode LED's (BR, CG, GB, FO & AS) fare better because the colour mix doesn't change, they just get darker or deeper...... with the mix'd LED's (VO, AB, SRD & forum colours) they change as the batteries drain, and some always look different to Li-Ion..... when I put a BH LED in a AAA saber with fresh batteries, to me, the colour is different than BH in a Li-Ion saber......

Also, a couple months ago US changed the LED diode they sell for SRD and the colour is slightly different, and doesn't change as much when the AAA's drain, this is what I've found anyway.....

I think (NOT fully sure) AB turns a blue-er colour as the AAA's drain.....

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 07:40:38 AM »

As much as I appreciate the effort of posting pics and helping others, if you really want to help, please post pics of your blade colors on a "White" background AND with proper lighting.  To be totally honest, placing lit sabers side by side to compare is not a proper representation of the true glow emitted.  One saber, per screen shot, white background with natural lighting, no flash will be more representational AND helpful!   Grin

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port