Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3483 3484 [3485] 3486 3487 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4897300 times)
TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #52260 on: June 04, 2020, 04:04:10 PM »

A Sith Temple would be to obvious  Roll Eyes
Or a villain base
Of all the possibilities, these two are definitely my favorites  Cheesy

Home
That would be incredible, Logos...not to mention an undertaking of monumental effort!  Still, what a remarkable idea  Smiley

Good luck!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #52261 on: June 04, 2020, 06:41:27 PM »

Home
That's pretty nifty Logos, I remember watching a sort of unique homes TV show a long time ago and one guy had converted an old church into living quarters. Biggest issue was heating/AC, high ceilings and wide rooms made it more difficult in that regard.

What I was thinking.  Without seeing the building of course my thoughts might be moot points but Churches usually aren't ideal ...in their normal state for domiciles.  The aforementioned higher ceilings and wide rooms, as well as lack of individual rooms.  No bath or showers or kitchen...of course I am used to small Southern Churches so this one maybe better outfitted.  It is an intriguing idea and will definitely want updates on it.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #52262 on: June 04, 2020, 07:35:43 PM »

That's pretty nifty Logos, I remember watching a sort of unique homes TV show a long time ago and one guy had converted an old church into living quarters. Biggest issue was heating/AC, high ceilings and wide rooms made it more difficult in that regard.
Yeah, that. But we're more looking at the bountiful space.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #52263 on: June 04, 2020, 08:08:06 PM »

Whoa, did you have to play catch up?

Yes there was some catchup lol

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #52264 on: June 04, 2020, 10:36:02 PM »

I want to buy a fire station to convert to a house.  They have all the amenities of a house with the advantage of a HUGE garage and pole to slide down from the bedroom to the garage.  What a way to leave for work. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

BodhiQL
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #52265 on: June 04, 2020, 10:53:35 PM »

I want to buy a fire station to convert to a house.  They have all the amenities of a house with the advantage of a HUGE garage and pole to slide down from the bedroom to the garage.  What a way to leave for work. 
This seems absolutely fantastic

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #52266 on: June 05, 2020, 02:47:50 AM »

What I was thinking.  Without seeing the building of course my thoughts might be moot points but Churches usually aren't ideal ...in their normal state for domiciles.  The aforementioned higher ceilings and wide rooms, as well as lack of individual rooms.  No bath or showers or kitchen...of course I am used to small Southern Churches so this one maybe better outfitted.  It is an intriguing idea and will definitely want updates on it.

The heating and cooling would be an issue. It has 4 rooms that can serve as bedrooms, 4 bathrooms with two that could easily be outfitted with showers and tubs (not my first tub install) has a very large kitchen, large basement separated into 4 spaces: one open area with wood flooring the another with linoleum (more of a storage area) and two “bedrooms” with linoleum. The sanctuary has a cathedral ceiling of dark wood with exposed beams and a balcony attached to 2 of the “bedrooms” over the narthex. The sanctuary itself is high but not large, and only had about 6 rows of seating in the nave after the chancel. It has a lot of potential but would take a lot of work to make into a comfortable home. As Logos said, the space is what has really drawn us to it and I’ve wanted to renovate a church since I was a kid.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #52267 on: June 05, 2020, 03:40:12 AM »

Yeah, that. But we're more looking at the bountiful space.
It would also give you tons of room for reno projects. Adding new suspended floor joists is quite easy and would give you a multi story place. Other plusses would be how much easier it would be for HVAC-R installation. And if you sent it up right as a multi-dwelling residential inside you could live in one section and rent the rest out as apartments. Local contractors are always looking for those sorts of contracts for repair and maintenance work. That or just make an imperial throne room or something. If it were me, i would definitely buy for 150k, flip it, rent it, and then i wouldn't have to work much. I would do all my own maintenance work though.

Edit: How do you and Lady Agana Kath know each other? Confused over here...

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #52268 on: June 05, 2020, 05:14:07 AM »

Its a cool idea for sure Logos, keep us updated if you decide to go that route. I would like to point out that I hate doing remodels. Maybe it's not so bad for other trades, but for plumbers, they usually stink. Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #52269 on: June 05, 2020, 10:45:39 AM »

The heating and cooling would be an issue. It has 4 rooms that can serve as bedrooms, 4 bathrooms with two that could easily be outfitted with showers and tubs (not my first tub install) has a very large kitchen, large basement separated into 4 spaces: one open area with wood flooring the another with linoleum (more of a storage area) and two “bedrooms” with linoleum. The sanctuary has a cathedral ceiling of dark wood with exposed beams and a balcony attached to 2 of the “bedrooms” over the narthex. The sanctuary itself is high but not large, and only had about 6 rows of seating in the nave after the chancel. It has a lot of potential but would take a lot of work to make into a comfortable home. As Logos said, the space is what has really drawn us to it and I’ve wanted to renovate a church since I was a kid.

Not as bad off as I had thought, but yea.  Still would be a good bit of work to make it into a home...but if you have the time, $$$$ and know how it could be a very interesting project and has the potential to turn out amazing.  Keep us posted.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #52270 on: June 05, 2020, 12:31:20 PM »

Who ya gonna call? Wink

Edit: How do you and Lady Agana Kath know each other? Confused over here...
WOW! You've been gone for a while. Kath and I first met carpooling to Monroe, to nerd out with the Jedi Council of Michigan. We kept in touch, and a little better than a year and a half ago we started dating. Now we are moving forward.

Its a cool idea for sure Logos, keep us updated if you decide to go that route. I would like to point out that I hate doing remodels. Maybe it's not so bad for other trades, but for plumbers, they usually stink. Grin
I hate plumbing. In fact, if it is a household task that begins with "p" I hate it. Plumbing, painting, planting (and/or yardwork).

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #52271 on: June 05, 2020, 01:06:39 PM »

I hate plumbing. In fact, if it is a household task that begins with "p" I hate it. Plumbing, painting, planting (and/or yardwork).

Plumbing..Yes.  Painting...very much yes.  But yard work I love...even with my allergies.  Of course "Yardwork" for me included chopping firewood which is fun.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #52272 on: June 05, 2020, 02:41:44 PM »

Plumbing..Yes.  Painting...very much yes.  But yard work I love...even with my allergies.  Of course "Yardwork" for me included chopping firewood which is fun.

Sadly, lightsaber tech has not yet advanced to the point where we can combine our hobby with this chore.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #52273 on: June 05, 2020, 02:59:18 PM »

Sadly, lightsaber tech has not yet advanced to the point where we can combine our hobby with this chore.

hmmmm

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #52274 on: June 05, 2020, 04:33:37 PM »

Agreed. I really don't have any issue with splitting wood. One of the "funner" tasks you can do.

Also this.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 ... 3483 3484 [3485] 3486 3487 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: