Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Mass forum pictures!  (Read 17126 times)
Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« on: April 30, 2012, 08:26:04 AM »

I figured this probably needed it's own thread since we were kinda blowing up photos thread lol So here it is and let us resume the conversation!

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:52:32 AM »

The region dividing might turn out to be the best option. I like the idea Smiley

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:55:12 AM »

Ha I still need to get my first saber before I can do this.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Stockton
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 11:06:12 AM »

The region dividing might turn out to be the best option. I like the idea Smiley

As in like east, west, international kinda dividing?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 12:16:41 PM »

Good call Stockton.

I liked Manroon's post, so I'll throw it here:

Poster project: we SO should get it going again! I have an idea for how it might be done a little easier, though it might seem a tad harsh..... why not make a requirement for it? IE You have to have X number of posts or been a member for X length of time. I say this because as we know, there are plenty of members who, while great guys and gals, fall off the face of the forum after a month or two and wouldn't be around to even see the finished product more than likely, nor would any of us viewing the finished poster weeks, months, even years down the line (no offense) remember who they were after a long length of time (humans DO forget things, remember), where as members with, for example, the 4 digit post counts and long histories of active membership such as Nero, Duff, TJ, or a number of other people whose screen names everyone recognizes have proven that they are obsessed and crazy enough to spend daily time on the forums for a long, long time, and would likely still be here and be known to most other members after the thing is done and posted. And of course, once one is finished.... depending on how it's put together, when another newer member reached the requirement and asked to be added, new image clusters could be tacked onto the sides without TOO much trouble.... in my innocent and unknowning assumptions anyways. lol

Opinions? Smiley

Granted I agree that everyone should have a chance to be included.

Perhaps we could do something that involves the "legacy" members, then another that includes anyone who wants in?  I mean there are definitely three classes of member - core members (people who have been here a while and posted very consistently), dedicated members (people who have been here less time, and post occasionally), and the guys that drop off the face of the Earth...

I can start compiling a list here if you guys want.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »

I think this is a really neat idea! Too bad I'm still below 500 posts though Sad oh well I'm still looking forward to seeing how they all turn out!

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 12:49:32 PM »

I think this is a really neat idea! Too bad I'm still below 500 posts though Sad oh well I'm still looking forward to seeing how they all turn out!

You just gave me an idea...

Different posters for different sections of the Forum?  An RP one (perhaps with people dressed as their characters), as well as one for the rest of the forum.

Although Veldryne had a cool idea in suggesting one for each Form as well.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 01:02:47 PM »

You just gave me an idea...

Different posters for different sections of the Forum?  An RP one (perhaps with people dressed as their characters), as well as one for the rest of the forum.

Although Veldryne had a cool idea in suggesting one for each Form as well.
That would be really cool! I mean, I assume that most of us have crafted our characters to, in some way, resemble ourselves. It just sucks only having been here for 3 months. I feel like a part of the community and I'm not planning on going anywhere Smiley

Stockton
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 01:09:30 PM »

Good call Stockton.

I liked Manroon's post, so I'll throw it here:

Granted I agree that everyone should have a chance to be included.

Perhaps we could do something that involves the "legacy" members, then another that includes anyone who wants in?  I mean there are definitely three classes of member - core members (people who have been here a while and posted very consistently), dedicated members (people who have been here less time, and post occasionally), and the guys that drop off the face of the Earth...

I can start compiling a list here if you guys want.

This sounds good. We just need to figure out a way to check every so often if people are active without having to check everyone's profiles. It would be a pain for someone to go through all yhe work of placing someone in this photo if they won't even be here to see it.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 01:20:51 PM »

That would be really cool! I mean, I assume that most of us have crafted our characters to, in some way, resemble ourselves. It just sucks only having been here for 3 months. I feel like a part of the community and I'm not planning on going anywhere Smiley

You definitely are a part of the community, both in RP and the regular forum.  We'd never try to cut such dedicated members out Smiley

Perhaps we could find a way to convey this in the poster - for instance, long term members might be slightly more "center stage" than the rest.  Just a thought.

Speaking of which, let me see if I can peg the "legacy" members (I like that name) off the top of my head (the ones that have been active recently, anyway):

Manroon, ThreadJack, Duff Man, Nightwing, Big Boss, The_Night, Kham-Ryn, Jammo, Lucien Kane, Kaiden Shardsbane, myself, Artorius... I'm probably missing a lot.  Not to mention we have a few guys who used to be a BIG part of this community who have been MIA for a while... for instance Darth Wraith, Qui-Tom Helms, and Darkhorse V.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 01:25:39 PM »

You definitely are a part of the community, both in RP and the regular forum.  We'd never try to cut such dedicated members out Smiley

Perhaps we could find a way to convey this in the poster - for instance, long term members might be slightly more "center stage" than the rest.  Just a thought.

I do like that idea. And I'm glad Smiley I try to be a helpful, dedicated part of the community. By the way, we really need to get off the Aeon and back to Yashuvhu.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 02:27:23 PM »

I think there is little reason to exclude, by nature of such a thing there will be drop offs.

The East, West, and International or just East and West...keep it going til it get to the other side?

Either way this will allow for a variety of force users on the same poster.

For that our side their side kinda shot...panning across.

I think where Manny was going was valid, the core and dedicated members should be harassed, required, and or otherwise shamed if need be to get their shots in.

The exclusion due only three digit post is a bit harsh but I do see the wisdom of why include fly by nights...so moderators, who by their efforts have been granted that status should be in the center mass target area, long time members of note (not necessarily 4 digit post count) next tier, and then how ever many members can fit into the poster from there within reason.

Not the pull all the numbers back up but we should have some direction as to the style, context, and costume involved with the individual pics.

My thoughts would be in costume, with saber (or pistol/rifle if you are better known for that...anyone?), and no tongues hanging out...no derp faces (unless that is your face, then it is what it is)...no gonzo additions like a rainbow fright wig.

The format of said picture would have to be set in stone, file size also agreed upon, limited background for ease of editing or a cropped photo/pic/file.

And all evil sith types being put down like the do...ummm did I say that out loud?  lol

And a date for said photos to be sent in.

As for the who will be compiling the data...how about a show of hands who has software, experience, and desire to share the load of cropping, cleaning, and other editing of pics for the poster(s)?

A common background could be used so that 3-5 different editors could complete complementary works.

Just some thoughts.

I have not been on the forum very long at at, Nov-Dec 2011, and even though I express my opinions like raindrops fall in the jungle...this project existed in heart before I was here, so the above is just speaking in art project generalities.

Light side points please Smiley

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 02:46:14 PM »

I'm liking many of those ideas Relmeob.

One neat idea as a poster theme would be to have a blend from dark to light - in other words you have a sorting of personas based on pictures.  For instance, you might have a Sith themed person all the way to the left, then the grey area (Grey Jedi, rogues, etc) followed by the devout Jedi on the right.  It was something Relmebo brought up before that has some definite merit!  Even a transition based on lightsaber colors might be neat... or even separate posters with the different colors.  Just some more ideas.

I would be willing to include any reasonably active members in this, I mean it's not like I want to cut anyone out exactly.

Stockton
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »

The dark to light would be really sweet IMO.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 03:53:26 PM »

It would look very cool, i gotta get a costume together now because not having one just wouldnt look right, although i could just use my brown leather jacket, add the right pants and spacers boots, and a shirt that looks enough like han's that i could easily pull off a sentinal in the Rebellion Era / NJO

rather than being outright jedi robes and whatnot

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: