Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Launcher Not Reading Device  (Read 874 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« on: March 28, 2016, 02:43:21 PM »

I was messing around with a couple of colors today in my emerald driver, and I tried to test a color before writing it to the board. It said that it was writing the test for a couple of minutes, but nothing ever happened. I've had this happen once or twice before, so I did what I did then. I unplugged the saber and plugged it back in. Now all I get is the please wait reading device window that pops up whenever you first plug in your saber, but it doesn't go away, and my saber is not being read.

Anyone ever experience this? How did you remedy it?

Here's what I have done, to no avail.

First, it's the same computer and cord I've always used.  I tried unplugging and plugging several times. I restarted my computer. I uninstalled the launcher and reinstalled it, and I am running it as an administrator. Since then, I've tried unplugging and replugging a few more times. I even left it on and plugged in for about 15 minutes. Nothing. I still get the "reading device" window, but it never goes away. I tried connecting to the obsidian driver, and that works just fine. At this point, other than unplugging and plugging until it works (which I've read several people had to do), I'm all out of ideas.

The result is I have a favor with no color in the blade. The blade won't even turn on.

Any help would be great.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 02:52:24 PM by Landen Se-Sentien » Logged

Signature banner by DarthScrub

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 05:40:02 PM »

We get this stuff at work all the time. Run a scan, you might have malware or registry errors.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 02:27:32 AM »

Nope. Thanks, though. I ran my antivirus scan and found nothing. I also tried the other USB port on my computer.

Grrr...

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 02:52:38 AM »

Fixed. New batteries fired the saber right up, which then allowed it to connect to the launcher.  I didn't think of thay, because the batteries were not old. Maybe just taking them out and popping them back in may work.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 03:14:00 AM »

Fixed. New batteries fired the saber right up, which then allowed it to connect to the launcher.  I didn't think of thay, because the batteries were not old. Maybe just taking them out and popping them back in may work.

Glad you got it sorted Landen . . . I was about to reply to try exactly that, because that has happened to me before . . .  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 03:33:41 AM »

Sweet - I am glad the technical difficulties were minor battery issues and nothing serious where you would have had to send your new saber back to TX.

1 pt for staying patient!  K

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 04:12:05 AM »

Glad you got it sorted Landen . . . I was about to reply to try exactly that, because that has happened to me before . . .  Smiley

If it happened to you too, then I'm in good company.  Smiley

Thanks, everyone. Like I said, the batteries were not old. Keep in mind I spent roughly 1.5 hours troubleshooting this thing, and most of that was with the saber on, so I would've understood if it happened and the entire saber was dead, but I was getting continuous sound from the obsidian board, which makes me think the batteries in and out is to the emerald board what turning on/off is to a phone or computer.

Then again, I just spent a long time troubleshooting a new battery issue, so what do I know?  Cheesy  Next time, I'll start there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: