Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Liberator V3  (Read 1645 times)
RebelScum
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

"...but you are not a Jedi yet."

« on: February 06, 2013, 01:13:23 AM »

Heyo SaberForum,

This is my first review of my new (and first) saber from US. Here goes:

Let me begin by saying just how amazing it is. It's one thing to watch videos and look at pictures and read what other people have to say, but nothing compares to holding it for the first time out of the box, and igniting that blade. I did not put the damn thing down for the entire last week.
With that said, let's get started.

Specs:

Dark Liberator V3

Obsidian Sound 2
Non-illuminated AV switch
Color: Guardian Blue
Blade: Ultraedge, 32"

Hilt:

For lack of a better word, this hilt is sleek. It is amazingly simple, no fancy greebles, ridges, claws, or over-the-top pommels. Just a few grooves, and the beautiful windowed emitter. It feels very natural in my hand, and I can put a second hand comfortably on it when I need to. The AV switch is very nice, but unfortunately the metal piece behind the switch that is cut to the curves of the hilt, is not securely in place, and rattles around a whole bunch. A very minor issue, and who am I to complain. With the blade in, the saber is perfectly balanced, just beyond the the end of the emitter, and this saber moves like a dream when swinging it around.

Blade:

Not knowing any better, I purchased an Ultraedge blade. It looks awesome, the Guardian Blue is beautiful. But here is my only real gripe about the saber: It appears that the emitter/blade socket is a tad wider than 1 inch, and as a result, the neither the blade nor the blade plug sit very snugly in the hilt. Part of this is simply the film inside the ultraedge blade, but I know for certain that the blade wobbles a noticeable amount during use, and I have to continuously tighten the retention screw (I fear, to the point of potentially damaging the blade), as that is the only thing keeping it in position. When the blade plug is in, it sits a slight angle, and there is a noticeable gap between the plug and one side of the emitter, because of the screw pushing it. The blade issue is quite bothersome, and if anyone could tell me whether I'm just overreacting, or theres something that can be done about, I'd appreciate that very much.

All that aside, the sound is excellent, the hilt is lovely, overall an amazing saber.

Thanks mucho,
RebelScum

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 01:15:35 AM »

Nice. Post pics and video pronz if you can. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:37:09 AM »

Glad you like it.

I have a dark Libby too but in Silver

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

RebelScum
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 12:30:36 AM »

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try to get a video and some pics up as soon as I have time. Sky Dragon, do you find that the emitter is slightly wider at the opening? I'm just concerned because I want to do some dueling, but it just doesn't feel sturdy. Particularly when I bring it to an abrupt stop while swinging.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 12:41:06 AM »

I have a Liberator V2 and I know what you mean. There is some blade wobble at the emitter. I think the emitter was made too wide. Should've been made nice and snug like the Dominix/Aeon.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

RebelScum
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 12:47:22 AM »

My thoughts exactly. I don't suppose theres anything that can be done about it? At least I can't think of anything that wouldn't get in the way of the emitter windows...

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 01:40:04 AM »

I find there is a bit of an opening there too. It shouldn't affect dueling though. Mine works fine. But I know what you mean.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Adak Cyrnoc
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 85

May the force be with you.

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 05:13:07 AM »

Thanks for the review mate. Makes me wonder if my
Liberator v3 will have the same issue.

The force is strong with this one...
It takes strength to resist the dark side, only the weak embrace it

current weapon stash; wont fit in this little box. 29 and growing

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 09:05:27 PM »

I think its just a Liberator thing for all models. I hope if US make a V4 model that the emitter will be more snug next time. Like the Dominix or Aeon. Then I might consider buying some new ones. I want the CE version but the blade wobble is stopping me like always. xp

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 03:23:55 AM »

Nice. Post pics and video pronz if you can. =]

We like saberpr0n. A great deal so. Not to get too personal or anything, but I would sell my body as such for busfare for saberpr0n, but just walk home anyway. Well, jk, I think you get the point!  Grin

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: