Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Dark Apprentice V4 Review  (Read 3432 times)
rebelsscum
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« on: December 05, 2015, 07:51:56 AM »

Hi All, i just finished my Ultrasabers Dark Apprentence v4 video hope you like it!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryQscZtFSdU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryQscZtFSdU</a>

Can a moderator please embed my video?1 Smiley

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ryQscZtFSdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
PS i kindly would like to apply for the 300 points for this review! Smiley
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:00:10 AM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 05:45:56 PM »

Hi.  This is a really nice improvement from your first video.  You are becoming more familiar with your saber and it's parts.  Just a few things I noticed and suggestions which I'll share since you are keen to improve. All are in relation to your stunt v4 Apprentice.

1)  It may be your accent, but the pommel end of this saber is MHS compatible and not MLS.
     -  MHS is multiple hilt system for emitter and pommel swap outs
     -  MLS refers to being able to switch out LED's such as quick disconnects ( QD ) from the emitter.

2)  The power button you have is a standard stunt saber plastic guarded switch which is on the saber hilt body.
     -  The grooves on the hilt also act as good hand grips as well as the emitter choke point. 

3)  The shorter blade is a 24 " Initiate length in the silver foil mid or heavy grade ( MG or HG ).  The silver film creates a more intense core color strip running down the length of the blade.
     -  This shorter length is standard with all the Initiate and Apprentice sabers ( v2 -v4 )

4)  The longer blade is an Ultra Edge with the whiter reflective film or foil which gives the blade a fully lit even color appearance and dispursement.  It's always nice sharing the length and heaviness of the blade and even why you chose it. 

5)  Try not to hold on to the blade itself when showing it's features.  Treat as if it is an actual lightsaber.
     -  The viewing of the saber and blades in your room was a tad long as all angles still look like a lit blade.

6)  The more descriptive you can be in simple terms the better.  When I was first ordering a saber and I have about 27 now,
      I did a lot of my saber research through YouTube and still regularly check them out plus reviewing the US videos.

I think that your walk and display of your saber in natural settings is a winner and hope that you will do more of this.  The accompanying music enhanced the overall results.

I believe that to embed your videos on the Forum is to remove the " s " from the https:// so looks like http:// .

If you go to the US Reviews section the first post is all about the newest Video Review Program and how to apply.

Really well done video and I look forward to more.  Here's a well deserved point from me.   Cool
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 06:13:56 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

rebelsscum
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 03:43:24 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! i like the constructive points, will take them definately up for the next video.

i held the blade because i did not tighten the retention screw in order to fast swap the blades :p
I will definately work on the articulation bringing it to the next level, i did mean to say MHS haha Cheesy or perhaps i said it wrong xp will reply the video haha.
Next time i will add more descriptive information. I did not cover the battery config for example because it may vary per order such as the color of the LED.

I will have several more videos in the pipeline which will be made as a improved version of this video Cheesy

Thanks for the feedback much appriciated!

rebelsscum
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 05:20:13 AM »

Anyone knows how long it takes to get a response on the Review reward bonus? i am trying to apply this video for the 300 points, but after several emails still have not got a response, i would like to order more and spend some reward points, so i can do more reviews! Cheesy

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 08:07:34 AM »

US are really busy right now so you must be patient.  I'd check your junk mail box just incase any replies got sent there.   Smiley

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -201

dark side points

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 12:18:05 AM »

Hi.  This is a really nice improvement from your first video.  You are becoming more familiar with your saber and it's parts.  Just a few things I noticed and suggestions which I'll share since you are keen to improve. All are in relation to your stunt v4 Apprentice.

1)  It may be your accent, but the pommel end of this saber is MHS compatible and not MLS.
     -  MHS is multiple hilt system for emitter and pommel swap outs
     -  MLS refers to being able to switch out LED's such as quick disconnects ( QD ) from the emitter.

2)  The power button you have is a standard stunt saber plastic guarded switch which is on the saber hilt body.
     -  The grooves on the hilt also act as good hand grips as well as the emitter choke point. 

3)  The shorter blade is a 24 " Initiate length in the silver foil mid or heavy grade ( MG or HG ).  The silver film creates a more intense core color strip running down the length of the blade.
     -  This shorter length is standard with all the Initiate and Apprentice sabers ( v2 -v4 )

4)  The longer blade is an Ultra Edge with the whiter reflective film or foil which gives the blade a fully lit even color appearance and dispursement.  It's always nice sharing the length and heaviness of the blade and even why you chose it. 

5)  Try not to hold on to the blade itself when showing it's features.  Treat as if it is an actual lightsaber.
     -  The viewing of the saber and blades in your room was a tad long as all angles still look like a lit blade.

6)  The more descriptive you can be in simple terms the better.  When I was first ordering a saber and I have about 27 now,
      I did a lot of my saber research through YouTube and still regularly check them out plus reviewing the US videos.

I think that your walk and display of your saber in natural settings is a winner and hope that you will do more of this.  The accompanying music enhanced the overall results.

I believe that to embed your videos on the Forum is to remove the " s " from the https:// so looks like http:// .

If you go to the US Reviews section the first post is all about the newest Video Review Program and how to apply.

Really well done video and I look forward to more.  Here's a well deserved point from me.   Cool

very nice. i too got the dark apprentice and i dont see alot of vids of them

Only in darkness can one see the true light.

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -201

dark side points

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 12:21:01 AM »

i got the dark apprentice v4 recently and it was everything i hoped for and more. i get chills every time i activate it

Only in darkness can one see the true light.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: