Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lightsaber turning off unexpectedly  (Read 7059 times)
Camden143
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 15, 2016, 01:52:52 PM »

Shortly after getting my light saber I am sad to say that I experienced a problem that I cannot see that anyone else encountered. When I would turn my light saber on it would stay on for about 20 seconds and then immediately turn off without me even touching the button. It made a VERY strange noise that I have never heard before. There is no good way to describe the noise in words but I can say the it sounded like someone talking.  This is the first time I have posted anything about this problem and I hope someone can help me fix it.
But right now I have to say I am extremely disappointed in ultra sabers and  it is not as good as it looks on the internet, even after three days of having the saber.

May the force be with you,
Jedi master Camden143

Lev
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -139

An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal.

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 01:59:29 PM »

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your saber,

1) Do you have fresh/fully charged batteries in?

2) What soundboard do you have, Obsidian Lite? or Obsidian v3/v4

The talking is most likely the saber font boot audio, so for Obsidian font you will hear "Obsidian".

UltraSaber Collection
> Sentinel LE v4 - Consular Green - Stunt
> Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 - Custom Yellow/Orange - Stunt
> Consular - Sunrider Destiny - Obsidian v4
> Bellicose - Tri-cree Guardian Blue - Obsidian v4
> Archon 2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green - Obsidian v4
> Initiate LE v4 - Sunrider Destiny - Obsidian Lite
> Spring Raffle Prize 03/16 - Flamberge LE - 4ch Emerald - Obsidian v4

Lev4Dead YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdLfh4TpMkGTGh4PMukbTFg

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 02:02:32 PM »

Hi Camden,

You may be best off contacting Ultrasabers directly by responding to the e-mail you got when you placed your order (it'll have your order number in the title). I understand that queries about specific orders, especially support questions, are being given priority right now so hopefully the US staff will be able to help you out.

That being said, I think I remember someone mentioning a similar issue recently. Do you have a Lite soundboard in your 'sabre? If so, I think it may be down to the way the battery pack and soundboard are attached together. My understanding is that sometimes a battery can get loose in the battery pack, and so there isn't the constant contact with the connections needed to keep everything running.

Can you post a picture of your battery pack/speaker/soundcard so we can take a look? I can't guarantee we'll be able to resolve the issue (again, it's usually best to contact US direct!) but if it's an issue that's obvious to someone, and they can give a quick fix, then we may be able to get you back up and running quickly.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Lev
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 02:14:41 PM »

I recently resolved this issue for my friend who has a saber with Obsidian Lite.

When swinging or moving the lightsaber, the batteries are prone to shifting in the battery pack. A quick and simple solution for this is to tape them in tightly with electrical tape. Some people also use a small piece of velcro to add some extra padding inside and stop battery movement, although with the soundboard attached there may not be enough room. This was the case for my friends Dominix v3; so we used electrical tape.

Now, for the saber turning itself off by itself, without any movement or touching... we experienced this. I found the issue to be with how the circuit is wired up; essentially the circuit was overloading the Obsidian Lite soundboard and triggering an automatic shutdown to protect itself. The issue was with the resistor provided; I fixed this issue by replacing the old resistor with a better one. (Picked up from Maplins for about 60 pence)

This is the replacement part that i fitted to resolve it - http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/wirewound-3-watt-47-ohm-resistor-w4r7

Obviously, this MAY NOT be the exact issue you are facing; but what you're describing sounds identical to an issue i fixed a little over a week ago.

If you're not confident in determining electrical faults, and soldering and repairing the electricals yourself, i'd strongly recommend contacting Ultrasabers (and not voiding your warranty) to arrange repair for it.

Hope you can get this issue resolved!

UltraSaber Collection

Camden143
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 02:16:38 PM »

I have an obsidian lite soundboard and now that I think about it the sound that the saber is making is like someone whispering obsidian. I also have almost fully charged batteries. I have only been using it for three day.  Thank you for your help.

Camden143

Lev
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »

I have an obsidian lite soundboard and now that I think about it the sound that the saber is making is like someone whispering obsidian. I also have almost fully charged batteries. I have only been using it for three day.  Thank you for your help.

Camden143

It is sounding identical to the issue my friend had, if you're confident with electricals then it's quite a simple fix as i mentioned above.

If you don't have a soldering iron to hand, and you're not confident.. then again, i'd strongly recommend contacting Ultrasabers directly so that they can resolve it for you.

I can fully understand that it sucks, especially after such a short period of time with your new saber! My friend was equally upset when he had issues with the Obsidian Lite. Really hope it's resolved quickly for you either way so you can go back to enjoying your saber!

MTFBWY

UltraSaber Collection

Camden143
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 02:30:28 PM »

Thanks Lev, I will not be trying to fix this myself but I know some people that are good with wires and will help me. Without everyones help I would not have gotten anywhere on this issue.

May the force be with you

Camden143.

Lev
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 02:50:17 PM »

Thanks Lev, I will not be trying to fix this myself but I know some people that are good with wires and will help me. Without everyones help I would not have gotten anywhere on this issue.

May the force be with you

Camden143.

No problem at all, the positive is that it can be fixed! So not all is lost. Also hopefully without paying for shipping fee's for repair; with friends that can help you repair it Smiley

If i can help any more at all, just drop me a message and i'll happily try!

Best of luck though bud, really hope you get it working properly soon!

UltraSaber Collection

Camden143
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 01:20:43 PM »

I changed the batteries and got put tape around them in the battery pack. I have not experienced anymore of the problem since then.
May the force be with you.

Lev
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 03:00:20 PM »

I changed the batteries and got put tape around them in the battery pack. I have not experienced anymore of the problem since then.
May the force be with you.

Ah glad to hear that! Happy sabering!  Grin

UltraSaber Collection

Pages: [1]   Go Up