Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Spring Raffle 2023 Entry and Prize Thread  (Read 880 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« on: April 24, 2023, 12:33:08 PM »

'Sup everyone? Been a hot minute since I was last on here. Though, before the launch of the Ultraproffie, it had been a long time since I last bought sabers. I just wasn't interested or had other things to throw money at. (rent, bills, other collectibles, etc) But, nothing brings me out of "retirement" like new tech. So, I ordered a couple Ultraproffie sabers during that sweet giveaway sale that was going on when the new board was launched. And then they followed that up with a raffle, so I entered and won 4th prize.  Cool It used to be, when we had raffles, someone would always create a thread for people to show off their loot. But, it seems like nobody has done one of those threads for a while, so I'll start one for the recently ended raffle. Anyone who wants to show their stuff, go ahead and drop them in here if you want to. After all, Ultrasabers was nice enough to give you some sweet loot, might as well show it off. Wink

Here's my haul:

So, from left to right:

Dominix V3 with the Ultraproffie and an in hilt RGBW LED with a 36" midgrade blade. This is my 3rd saber with the Ultraproffie, I have one with a string blade and the other is this setup. In fact, the other is an Aeon V3, so the same setup but silver.

Grab Bag #1: Dark Initiate LE V4 with windows and a silver AV switch in blue. 32" midgrade blade.

Grab Bag #2: Apprentice LE V4 with windows and silver AV switch in green. 32" midgrade blade.

Grab Bag #3: Initiate V3 with silver AV in red. 36" Ultraedge midgrade blade. This is my raffle win. With two Grab Bags in my order, some may be wondering how I can tell which is the raffle win. Simple, it has an Ultraedge blade and I ordered all standard midgrade blades. Wink

So, that's my loot. Thanks Ultrasbers! If anyone else wants to share, drop them below. I look forward to seeing what others got.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 07:25:52 PM »

Hey SFD!  Welcome back  Smiley

Like you said: GREAT way to "UN-retire"  Cheesy

Congratulations with your 4th-place win!  I love the Sentinel/Apprentice models (especially with emitter windows); meanwhile my wife is a big fan of the v3 Initiate (her's is silver w/ VA blade).

Wonderful pics  Cool

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 10:49:13 PM »

Thanks bro. Have a point back for being awesome. Smiley

I've never even held an Initate V3 before. It feels great in the hand, a super nice one handed saber. I've had an Initate LE V4 for ages, it was literally my very first Ultrasabers order from 7 years ago, it was also a grab bag. I love the V4s, but there's just something about the V3s that I really like. If you're after function over form, they're definitely the way to go because, what they lack in fancy design they more than make up for in comfort. It's really nice to see them back in stock, as the Aeon/Dominix/Initiate V3 designs were perpetually out of stock for ages. The last time I tried to get an Aeon V3 before last month, I got an e-mail from customer service telling me that they were on backorder, so I changed to a V4.

In fact, out of this bunch, the only saber I had one of already was the Apprentice LE V4. I got one previously, I think also a raffle win. That one is in orange and it has the emitter windows and silver AV too. I had a Dominix V3 and even an Aeon V3 ages ago, but I messed them both up trying to customize them. That was shortly before the V3 stock shortages.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 01:48:33 AM »

Nice simple sabers =] How do you like the new UltraProffie so far? I'm wanting one in a Menace se saber

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 12:46:34 PM »

Nice simple sabers =] How do you like the new UltraProffie so far? I'm wanting one in a Menace se saber

I find the simple ones to be quite pleasing because they're fun to spin around. Wink

Though, one of my sabers with the Ultarproffie is an inspired hilt. I'm going to do a review of that board soon, in fact probably today. I actually had it typed out the other day and was about ready to post, but the forum timed me out and I lost the post. (it was my fault for not hitting "always stay logged in" but I fixed that) This time I'm going to type it out in a word processor so I don't lose the whole post, just in case the forum decides to go crazy on me in some other way. (sometimes, it just stops responding)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 07:12:31 PM »

Simple hilts are the nicest for handling. I love my Dark Initiate V3's because there's nothing to get in the way of your hands, whether spinning or fighting.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2023, 02:45:02 AM »

Simple hilts are the nicest for handling. I love my Dark Initiate V3's because there's nothing to get in the way of your hands, whether spinning or fighting.

For sure. That's what I've always loved about the Aeon and Dominix V3. I don't do combat, but I love spinning. That Initiate V3 I just got is super comfortable, another great spinner. In fact, I find myself messing with that one more than the other sabers in my raffle haul.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: