Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 251562 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #675 on: November 20, 2018, 03:04:23 PM »

I've been trying to get a custom hilt from one of the other guys for about 2 months now. I email every week and keep getting told their custom shop is closed while they do sabers already in their queue. I guess it's holiday time so I could give them the benefit of the doubt but I also keep getting tidbits of different info as to when they'll get caught up and conflicting info about costs from like 5 different customer service people. And then I have to reexplain to a new person what the last person said. It's infuriating and needless to say a real turn off. I like that US has a small dedicated group of people assisting customers. It makes it easier to followup. TBH I'm on the brink of giving up with the other company. As of right now I got two US sabers in my cart. Just waiting for my Friday check to hit the checkout button. Probably won't have the money for another saber for a long while after that so the other guys missed out on a sale. But hey, I get two sweet new sabers at 15% off so probably worked out for the best.

You're not alone in this. Rash, myself and quite a bit of us has our experiences with dealing with the other guys.  Good luck trying to get them to respond back to you accordingly or if an order was messed up which it will be after being like 6 months late.  I typically buy empties from most and stunts from a few of them so that I don't have to deal with bad installs and even worse, wrong ones.  It's the pains of this hobby, knowing who to buy from and who not to deal with.  Many of us can tell you who to avoid but it's really your own experience and the end result of you either willing to deal with them again or moving forward, to keeping your purchases with just US or a small group that you like and trust.   Their lost though

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #676 on: November 20, 2018, 04:16:09 PM »

You're not alone in this. Rash, myself and quite a bit of us has our experiences with dealing with the other guys.  Good luck trying to get them to respond back to you accordingly or if an order was messed up which it will be after being like 6 months late.  I typically buy empties from most and stunts from a few of them so that I don't have to deal with bad installs and even worse, wrong ones.  It's the pains of this hobby, knowing who to buy from and who not to deal with.  Many of us can tell you who to avoid but it's really your own experience and the end result of you either willing to deal with them again or moving forward, to keeping your purchases with just US or a small group that you like and trust.   Their lost though

The funny thing is I was actually trying to just buy an empty! They had a premade one but I heard their electronics were crap anyway and didn't want any trouble. I just wanted to request they make the same hilt design only empty. Somehow that in itself was some difficult feat. They gave me a quote for it and told me to wait and I've been waiting since. I guess there's always the option of buying similar TCSS parts and finding a sabersmith somewhere to do the design I want. I might actually go that route but again at this point I'm already committed to the US purchases in my cart so if that's the case I can just take my time getting parts together for a future custom job. Being new to this I'm not confident I could do the design myself.

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #677 on: November 20, 2018, 08:34:26 PM »

After putting it off for more than a year, and instead buying US sabers, I just ordered a custom coated saber with electronics from the other guys...pray for me.  Embarrassed

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #678 on: November 20, 2018, 09:25:53 PM »

After putting it off for more than a year, and instead buying US sabers, I just ordered a custom coated saber with electronics from the other guys...pray for me.  Embarrassed
Good luck!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #679 on: November 20, 2018, 11:01:08 PM »

It better not be the same other guys!!! I just was told yesterday again they couldn't take my order yet!!!  Angry

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #680 on: November 20, 2018, 11:07:44 PM »

The funny thing is I was actually trying to just buy an empty! They had a premade one but I heard their electronics were crap anyway and didn't want any trouble. I just wanted to request they make the same hilt design only empty. Somehow that in itself was some difficult feat. They gave me a quote for it and told me to wait and I've been waiting since. I guess there's always the option of buying similar TCSS parts and finding a sabersmith somewhere to do the design I want. I might actually go that route but again at this point I'm already committed to the US purchases in my cart so if that's the case I can just take my time getting parts together for a future custom job. Being new to this I'm not confident I could do the design myself.

That's one thing I've always liked about Ultrasabers. Any saber can be ordered empty and with any electronics up to the Diamond sabers. It's actually amazing how rare that is in the saber marketplace. I like buying empties myself, because you know I love getting my DIY game on. There are smiths I won't even think of ordering from because I can't get an empty and I'm not a fan of their electronics options. Then there are smiths who only sell empties, so people who don't do installs have to find a way to get it installed. Ultrasabers is definitely the Burger King of the saber world, you can have it your way. Smiley

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #681 on: November 20, 2018, 11:23:57 PM »

That's one thing I've always liked about Ultrasabers. Any saber can be ordered empty and with any electronics up to the Diamond sabers. It's actually amazing how rare that is in the saber marketplace. I like buying empties myself, because you know I love getting my DIY game on. There are smiths I won't even think of ordering from because I can't get an empty and I'm not a fan of their electronics options. Then there are smiths who only sell empties, so people who don't do installs have to find a way to get it installed. Ultrasabers is definitely the Burger King of the saber world, you can have it your way. Smiley

It's so true. I love how saber hobbyists always talk about US and badmouth it yet I literally have had no problem so far and have amassed quite a number of US hilts. Yet anytime I contact the other guys I have gotten attitudes from customer service reps or quoted crazy wait times. I'm good here.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #682 on: November 20, 2018, 11:38:10 PM »

It's so true. I love how saber hobbyists always talk about US and badmouth it yet I literally have had no problem so far and have amassed quite a number of US hilts. Yet anytime I contact the other guys I have gotten attitudes from customer service reps or quoted crazy wait times. I'm good here.

Ultrasabers is one of the biggest outfits in the custom saber game, and it seems to be popular to hate on the biggest companies. Many of the people who hate on US have never dealt with the company, probably never even seen in person or held one of the great sabers they make. My first order from them was in late April of 2016 and I have to say they've never let me down. I usually have my sabers within a week, and they live up to my expectations. Every time I've had to contact customer service, which are few and far between, the responses have been prompt (within 1 business day) and the always helpful Marlena has taken care of any issues and answered questions. But, you'll still have people who say it's bad here. Either they had a bad experience, are hard to please, or are just flat out lying and stretching the truth. I think the amount of business US does and the amount of satisfied customers tells the real story.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #683 on: November 30, 2018, 08:43:53 PM »

I’ve just now skimmed this thread for the first time. I think it speaks well to the point of US and their place in the market even today. As a collector, I’ve usually enjoyed branching out a sampling the fruits of a variety of companies. However, I have yet to do so in terms of sabers because of several things:

1) Lightsabers are not exactly a cheap hobby and my budget only allows me to do so much in terms of any hobby currently. And when I look around at the saber models I want, US has them all at a better price and a quality I know I can trust. And let’s face it...with all the talk of movie accuracy, is there any US you can’t buy a graflex clamp or activation box to stick on them if you want that?

2) The company itself is so good to it’s customers. They seem to have a real passion for what they do, they understand their customer’s wants and the market because of that passion. And they always deliver above and beyond any reasonable expectations.

3) Customer service is practically unheard of in it’s time and attention to detail. Even pointing out things I missed to make certain I am taking full advantage of their promotions and the saber choices available.  We seriously need to send Marlena a fruit basket!

Eventually my budget and curiosity will lead me to buy from some of the other saber companies out there. There seems to be a real mix of good, bad, and downright rude in this market in terms of sales pitches from their own sites.  Some of them certainly need a better PR approach.  Also, if you hold on too tightly, whether in business or most anything in life, you end up causing resistance for yourself.

But I’ll totally review those experiences on my channel whenever I get there.  They’ll have some pretty big shoes to fill on literally every level of the game, however.  Right now, having too much fun with US.  They’ve made me a customer for life!

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: