Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1277588 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5370 on: November 30, 2018, 02:03:38 PM »

thank you for your confidence in my people Logos.

We're not targeting you Fedora, you're an exception as you have your head on your shoulders

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #5371 on: November 30, 2018, 02:17:40 PM »

If it's any comfort:

"Our young people love luxury, have bad manners, make fun of authority and have no respect for their elders"
Guess who said that: Socrates (quoted by Plato) who lived from 470 to 399 BC.
It seems every generation fears what the next is becoming but ultimately we've managed in the more than 2'000 years since this quote.

I'm not saying there isn't cause for fear. When you see some of the younger people you do see how they could make things worse. But I chose to keep having faith in the good ones for there always seems to be fewer than bad ones and yet they may find a way to protect the world from the worst. You never know.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5372 on: November 30, 2018, 02:41:14 PM »

If it's any comfort:

"Our young people love luxury, have bad manners, make fun of authority and have no respect for their elders"
It seems every generation fears what the next is becoming but ultimately we've managed in the more than 2'000 years since this quote.

I'm not saying there isn't cause for fear. When you see some of the younger people you do see how they could make things worse. But I chose to keep having faith in the good ones for there always seems to be fewer than bad ones and yet they may find a way to protect the world from the worst. You never know.

Agreed. Each generation is a bit "watered down" from the last in my opinion.  It also correlates to lack of parents disciplining their children when they're growing up and giving them what they want when they want which is fueling bad behavior.  I'm not saying beat your children to a pulp which is a abuse, but disciplining them to become decent human beings and respecting others. 

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5373 on: November 30, 2018, 03:14:15 PM »

It also correlates to lack of parents disciplining their children when they're growing up and giving them what they want when they want which is fueling bad behavior.  I'm not saying beat your children to a pulp which is a abuse, but disciplining them to become decent human beings and respecting others. 
This

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #5374 on: November 30, 2018, 03:16:59 PM »

Agreed. Each generation is a bit "watered down" from the last in my opinion.  It also correlates to lack of parents disciplining their children when they're growing up and giving them what they want when they want which is fueling bad behavior.  I'm not saying beat your children to a pulp which is a abuse, but disciplining them to become decent human beings and respecting others. 

which is why I am glad that my parents actually discipline me and don't just let everything slide. And I have been taught all my life to respect others, and whenever I disrespect someone, my dad gets upset.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5375 on: November 30, 2018, 04:17:06 PM »

I have confidence in individuals. It's simple statistics. The more people you add to a sample population, the lower the average becomes. And there are a LOT in your demographic. Undecided

This
Ditto

I can't tell you how much success I've had dealing with kids who have never been challenged. It's like an inaudible sigh of relief when someone steps in, tells them what they're going to do, and that they are NOT in charge. Same thing happens with dogs. The similarities are astounding.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5376 on: November 30, 2018, 04:42:24 PM »

If it's any comfort:

Socrates did not live on the verge of a technological singularity. It doesn't really matter what the next generation does when they're going to end up being at least half computer.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5377 on: November 30, 2018, 04:47:42 PM »

This

Grin

which is why I am glad that my parents actually discipline me and don't just let everything slide. And I have been taught all my life to respect others, and whenever I disrespect someone, my dad gets upset.

This is why you're an exception to our new generation rule.  You have good parenting and a good human being

I have confidence in individuals. It's simple statistics. The more people you add to a sample population, the lower the average becomes. And there are a LOT in your demographic. Undecided
Ditto

I can't tell you how much success I've had dealing with kids who have never been challenged. It's like an inaudible sigh of relief when someone steps in, tells them what they're going to do, and that they are NOT in charge. Same thing happens with dogs. The similarities are astounding.

The over saturation of a population really does affect the quality of a generation.  There are exceptions of course where parents focus on a singularity rather than a mass of children.  Quantity over quality

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5378 on: November 30, 2018, 04:56:22 PM »

There are exceptions of course where parents focus on a singularity rather than a mass of children.  Quantity over quality

Don't Freudian slip and fall. Parents should be focused on a SINGULARITY. It's not like newer generations will stop it. Boomers and Gen-Xers already set things in motion that are too far along to even slow down, let alone stop. See you in the Matrix!
Beep boop beep!

Never mind. I'm not fully awake yet. It doesn't matter if any one focuses on it. Like I said It's already gone too far too fast. I need cyber joint replacements and pain management nanobots anyway.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5379 on: November 30, 2018, 05:08:30 PM »

Not doing a story quote like Logos likes to do, but for the most part, I agree with him. Gen-Z has a tendency to be extremely reliant on tech and the internet. There are however also a large number (still a minority) of Gen-Zs who were raised well, and are not internet-junkies. Though most of the ones that I know like this are raised by Gen-X parents, so it makes sense.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5380 on: November 30, 2018, 05:26:28 PM »

Not doing a story quote like Logos likes to do, but for the most part, I agree with him. Gen-Z has a tendency to be extremely reliant on tech and the internet. There are however also a large number (still a minority) of Gen-Zs who were raised well, and are not internet-junkies. Though most of the ones that I know like this are raised by Gen-X parents, so it makes sense.
I know I give you a lot of crap, but you are indeed an outlier from the statistical norms of your generation. Be proud of that.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5381 on: November 30, 2018, 05:29:42 PM »

I know I give you a lot of crap, but you are indeed an outlier from the statistical norms of your generation. Be proud of that.

Agreed. Hopefully, I don't fall into the Millennial norms myself even though I'm classified as one.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5382 on: November 30, 2018, 05:36:10 PM »

Agreed. Hopefully, I don't fall into the Millennial norms myself even though I'm classified as one.
I feel it's a lot like the Forest Gump quote: "Stupid is as stupid does."

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5383 on: November 30, 2018, 05:39:01 PM »

Any one ever seen the 1995 movie "Johnny Mnemonic" staring Keanu Reeves? That guy could carry nearly eighty gigs of data in his head and it almost killed him to go a few hundred megs too far.
He would lose it and shout things like, "I want to get online... I need a computer!" or,
"If I wanted the silicon dug out of my back brain I would have gone to Mexico City! I want a full restoration; I want it all back!"
Or that one time when he completely lost it over some cyber enhanced nose bleed or something,
"I've had it with them, I've had it with you, I've had it with ALL THIS - *I want ROOM SERVICE*! I want the club sandwich, I want the cold Mexican beer, I want a $10,000-a-night hooker! I want my shirts laundered... like they do at the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo!!!!"

23 years ago the idea that you could add 80 gigs of storage space to your brain was mind boggling. Now it's mind boggling if you have that little space on your phone. Logic and observation of the last 40 years tells me that when people can put several terabytes of smart phone in their head,
they will. After that, how long will it be before we cant distinguish between augmented humans and A.I. controlled by organic or quantum computers?

Sometimes I forget that your not older than me. Cheesy You don't have to worry about falling into Millennial norms.
I don't think any one here has to worry about falling into the norms of their respective generations. We are all Gen WTF and in this together if you ask me.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5384 on: November 30, 2018, 05:45:28 PM »

Any one ever seen the 1995 movie "Johnny Mnemonic" staring Keanu Reeves? That guy could carry nearly eighty gigs of data in his head and it almost killed him to go a few hundred megs too far.
He would lose it and shout things like, "I want to get online... I need a computer!" or,
"If I wanted the silicon dug out of my back brain I would have gone to Mexico City! I want a full restoration; I want it all back!"
Or that one time when he completely lost it over some cyber enhanced nose bleed or something,
"I've had it with them, I've had it with you, I've had it with ALL THIS - *I want ROOM SERVICE*! I want the club sandwich, I want the cold Mexican beer, I want a $10,000-a-night hooker! I want my shirts laundered... like they do at the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo!!!!"

23 years ago the idea that you could add 80 gigs of storage space to your brain was mind boggling. Now it's mind boggling if you have that little space on your phone. Logic and observation of the last 40 years tells me that when people can put several terabytes of smart phone in their head,
they will. After that, how long will it be before we cant distinguish between augmented humans and A.I. controlled by organic or quantum computers?
80 gig? That's cute. I've actually wondered how many Tb of info that human brain is actually capable of holding. Possibly even exabytes.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: