Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1277764 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #6930 on: March 26, 2019, 09:55:16 PM »

I also shoot left. If I play street hockey I'm usually like the only one too. Cheesy

Americans have this thing "right handed= shoots right, left handed= shoots left." It's wrong, dominant hand goes on top, every other hockey country in the world knows that... Roll Eyes

I hardly ever play street or gym hockey. I like it on the ice so much better. It’s faster, more exciting, and skating is fun. Once you get going you glide instead of running everywhere like ball hockey.

Yup. My dad has been playing hockey for so long he’s developed specific muscles in each arm lol.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6931 on: March 27, 2019, 05:18:52 AM »

I'm right handed and I shoot left. But that may be because the majority of the people where I live know how to hold a hockey stick.

I like it on the ice so much better. It’s faster, more exciting, and skating is fun. Once you get going you glide instead of running everywhere like ball hockey.

Agreed. Skating is much better than running.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6932 on: March 27, 2019, 12:50:14 PM »

Thank the Force *Cringes*
I think I'm missing your intent.

Some retcon was for the better some for the worse
Name ONE thing that was better.

This is quite true. The voice was the first instrument and many instruments were developed trying to imitate the human voice (i.e. the use of vibrato in strings, the shape of the bell of a brass instrument, etc.). I have many students who come in having trouble matching pitch and those who are willing to put in the effort usually aren't beyond hope. A lot of it is muscular coordination. The more you use it, the better the coordination becomes.
Exactly. I could hit those trouble notes if I practiced and developed throat muscles to hit them. Too many give up because it doesn't all come without effort.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6933 on: March 27, 2019, 03:36:16 PM »

I mean, if I knew how to skate, I would play rec league....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #6934 on: March 27, 2019, 08:38:49 AM »

I mean, if I knew how to skate, I would play rec league....

You should learn

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6935 on: March 27, 2019, 04:49:45 PM »

You should learn

Agreed. Everyone should learn.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6936 on: March 27, 2019, 05:21:26 PM »

I learned that I can't

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6937 on: March 27, 2019, 05:29:22 PM »

I learned that I can't

This.   I gave up trying to skate and took up a much safer sport: karate.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6938 on: March 27, 2019, 05:37:00 PM »

You guys just need to keep trying. It takes a long time to learn how to skate. And even longer to learn how to do any type of tricks while skating (that includes hockey stopping, skating backwards, etc.).

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #6939 on: March 27, 2019, 10:41:39 AM »

Skating is so easy once you get it. I wish I could always be skating instead of walking. It’d be so much easier.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6940 on: March 27, 2019, 05:57:35 PM »

You guys just need to keep trying. It takes a long time to learn how to skate. And even longer to learn how to do any type of tricks while skating (that includes hockey stopping, skating backwards, etc.).

Teagan, when I fall it registers on the richter scale.  Falling on ice is PAINFUL.  I can absorb energy and keep myself from taking damage on just about any surface, but ice?

Ouch
Ouch
Ouch
SNAP
Oh...  that was a bone....

LOL   No.   Just ... no.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6941 on: March 27, 2019, 06:03:43 PM »

Skating is so easy once you get it. I wish I could always be skating instead of walking. It’d be so much easier.

Agreed. Plus it is way funner than walking or running.

Teagan, when I fall it registers on the richter scale.  Falling on ice is PAINFUL.  I can absorb energy and keep myself from taking damage on just about any surface, but ice?

Ouch
Ouch
Ouch
SNAP
Oh...  that was a bone....

LOL   No.   Just ... no.

Ice in a building is actually harder than that outside. It has to do with the temperatures and how ice is harder in higher temperatures than it lower. I don't remember all the science behind it, but Logos might know.  The best way to keep from falling on ice is to keep your feel below you. Also, if you run into someone on ice, grab them and don't let go until you have regained your balance (in Hockey this isn't allowed), for some reason, neither of you will fall over (you still can, but it is a lot more rare).

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6942 on: March 27, 2019, 06:15:32 PM »

LOL

If I grab someone ... well, one of us will probably get hurt. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6943 on: March 27, 2019, 07:32:28 PM »

I learned over many failed attempts that I am rubbish with foot wear transport. I can't skate, ski, or board of any various type. I have a high center of gravity, and it doesn't always like to stay directly above my feet.

Ice in a building is actually harder than that outside. It has to do with the temperatures and how ice is harder in higher temperatures than it lower. I don't remember all the science behind it, but Logos might know. 
This is a contradictory statement. Ice hardens the colder it gets. Now there might be differences in hardness depending on how fast the water was frozen, and how warm the ambient air is. Ice in a building is probably harder due to a) refrigeration units in the rink and b) fewer fluctuations in the air temp. Also rink ice isn't very thick and therefore can lose more heat more evenly.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #6944 on: March 27, 2019, 09:16:29 PM »

Agreed. Plus it is way funner than walking or running.

I want to agree with this but it’s hard with such a blatant grammar error...

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: