Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Naked Pics  (Read 5135 times)
Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« on: November 18, 2011, 03:42:18 AM »

Some people have wanted to see what an Obsidian looks like underneath the protective encapsulation and have even gone so far as to use harsh chemicals to remove the encapsulation:

PLEASE don't do this to your Obsidian!!  It deserves better!! 

Not only does stripping off the epoxy make the board look like crap, it completely destroys it!

The engineers at RSX put an enormous amount of work into every single Obsidian they create for you, so in an effort to save any future Obsidian's from such a grizzly fate, we present to you "The Naked Obsidian", image courtesy of Resonance Electronix:

It looks pretty fancy, but in reality, the Obsidian was designed with simplicity in mind so that it would be affordable, reliable and most importantly - durable.  Even without encapsulation, the Obsidian would be the most duel worthy sound board ever made simply due to it's excellent design features: low mass components, no moving parts, solid-state sensors, USB interface, and integrated memory.

So there you have it, the mystery is revealed, and hopefully you all gain a little more appreciation for the high quality components that go into your Ultra Saber.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:44:20 AM »

Excellent.  I read the topic name and immediately thought "What fool would do this?"  Then saw you were the poster and was so terribly confused.

None the less, reading it all . . . Just awesome!  Thanks again.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 04:22:18 AM »

I have to admit, I was in the same boat as MAV for a while.  That's pretty cool-looking.

And what??? people have stripped the casing off of their Obsidian just so they could see it???  An outrage!!!  All those poor innocent Obsidian Boards!!!

Dark Lord Proscidior, Titus Solvan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -22

Dark Side Points, Please

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 04:45:37 AM »

I have to admit, I was in the same boat as MAV for a while.  That's pretty cool-looking.

And what??? people have stripped the casing off of their Obsidian just so they could see it???  An outrage!!!  All those poor innocent Obsidian Boards!!!

Honestly, I don't put it past people to try and reverse engineer the boards, and seeing the guts would be the first step.

-=Growing Arsenal=-
Dark Std Issue V2 AB Perditio
Bellicose BR / AS unnamed
Dark Initiate V2 VA Incipio
Gifted
Aeon v2 AS Purgatrix
Dominix V2 BR Profanitrix

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 05:18:55 AM »

Not gonna lie, when I first saw the title, I was afraid to click on it for fear of what I might find! Cheesy

Looks pretty much like I imagined. Can't imagine why someone would strip it, poor Obsidian Boards.... Cry

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 08:29:20 PM »

Ohh luls. I was thinking of something completely different when I saw this post. xp But seriously though this is the coolest Obsidian post so far. Can't wait to get my first Obsidian saber which ever it may be. Still haven't decided yet. The Liberator is my all time favorite Ultra Saber next to the Dominix so I might get a Liberator V3. It'll have a Consular Green Mid Grade Ultra Edge blade with pointed tip, Obsidian with red av button and li-ion batteries with the new Old Republic Jedi font loaded, and thats about it. I will also be posting comparison pics of both the hilt size and blade brightness when I get the Liberator V3. Only thing I done to the first 4 Obsidian fonts was lower the clashes about 6 clicks so they aren't as strong when I do swings in the video I will be making but also strong enough at the same time to demo the clashes. For videos I will be using the Old Republic Jedi font but for real dueling I will be using Classic.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »

Thanks Ultra ! Awesome of you to post the pics!

dark side points please

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 08:57:21 PM »

interesting...the only thing I could figure out was the socket for where the cable plugs into

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 01:50:21 AM »

Excellent.  I read the topic name and immediately thought "What fool would do this?"  Then saw you were the poster and was so terribly confused.

None the less, reading it all . . . Just awesome!  Thanks again.
i was totally thinking the same thing!
thanks ultra for this wonderful soundboard!

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 03:28:29 AM »

When Ever I Look At This Pic... I Just Feel Like I Felt When I Was Younger and Inside of A Very Nice Museum... (I Had A Voice In My Head Screaming) DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!!!!! lol...

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Performancenut
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 05:22:40 PM »

Electronic nudies... love it. Nice clean design, thanks for the post.

Dark side points, if you are so inclined.

Broto-Kropot
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

Your focus determines your reality.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 07:14:17 AM »

its funny that so many people clicked on the post saying Naked Pics posted by Ultra but still decided to look, despite the thoughts they were thinking of it at the time LOL, does that make us weird?

lol i gotta say this though, i saw it and didnt want to click it even though Ultra did post it, but curiousity got the better of me and and let out a sigh of relief when i didnt see what my mind was thinking

Methyl Druius
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 11:16:50 PM »

The 3x3 that is just to the right of the MCU looks quite familiar but I can't read the silkscreen...any way you could confirm whether it is a Kionix accelerometer?  The top 5-character alphanumeric code would start with KX if so.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 01:29:13 AM »

is it just me or should there be burlesque music playing for this thread?   
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnF8VEaRZrg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnF8VEaRZrg</a>
  There I feel better now.    Continue!  Grin Grin

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: