Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Overlord Speaker?  (Read 10595 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2016, 08:39:06 PM »

Let them do it, especially when you're still under warranty Wink You'd void it when messing with the electronics. If it's more than a year, then you're free to do it yourself Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2016, 05:50:17 AM »

Eh...no?

Lol can u elaborate on that?  I can't clearly see the area that actually matters most in those pics.  Don't worry about the wire extending or having room- those casings are just soft plastic, you can cut/ drill holes in them with just about anything and pull excess through the back and wrap it up neatly with rest of your wiring- but can cross that bridge when we get to it.  For now the main thing is just seeing if you even have wires left to repair on the speaker side?

There should be a gob of what looks like black glue on the back of speaker-  I think there is, I can see it in pics, just all fuzzy so I can't see detail- that gob is usually where your wires actually attach to speaker.  In pic looks like there's a piece of the black one still left in there?  But no red?  Is that right? 

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2016, 05:56:44 AM »

Dang actually I just noticed (sorry I'm at work I can't get to my phone easy ATM) I was looking right past what might be the solder tabs sitting right there in the open on the back... wish I was home I'd just pop one of mine out and look.  I can in the morning after work for sure, then we'll know exactly.   Don't remember where US speaker connects.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2016, 06:33:38 AM »

Well this is so funny.  Look what I just did to my saber which Rev is recently familiar with.  Red wire just snapped off when I was trying to shake the speaker/LI-Ion battery pack out.  To be clear... the stunt saber hilt was wired by someone as a DIY project likely to have sound and not built by US.  So looks like Rev is going to get another project to play around with next year.  Grin

Iram... I can't recall if you live in Canada.  If you do, I could mail you that speaker/battery pack if it would be of any help.  There are wires coming out of it that are a good length and the speaker wiring looks quite intact.  Rev or Rac should be able to walk you through a fix.  Let me know if you want it.  Smiley

EDIT:  Perhaps Rev could say if it would be of any use for Iram.  Is the older style of speaker and since it's never been used for sound, I'm assuming that it will work.  Undecided

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2016, 10:52:12 AM »

O no!  Sorry to hear that D7!  Jeez there must be a curse in the air lol, I've had my fair share of setbacks lately in technomancings too Sad

That's sure nice of you to offer!  It would solve iram's prob 100%... I say go for it Iram.  Of course if you have any red and black wire coming off your speaker at all we can just patch?  But if not that new pack sure is an easy fix.  If you'd have to send to US anyways, I bet you could send to me just the same, and I could fix that in 15mins- for free.  Just throwing that out there. 

D7 if you end up donating that pack I've got batteries, packs, and speakers I can put in that for you no prob, depending what set up you want Smiley.  Sucks to see that saber go down- it's so cool, and the blade colour is awesome!  But I'd be more than happy to work on it, so bitter sweet I guess lol. 

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2016, 11:13:19 AM »

It looks as though Iram's problem is getting addressed, and he is in good hands. 

That makes me happy.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2016, 01:49:45 PM »

Well this is so funny.  Look what I just did to my saber which Rev is recently familiar with.  Red wire just snapped off when I was trying to shake the speaker/LI-Ion battery pack out.  To be clear... the stunt saber hilt was wired by someone as a DIY project likely to have sound and not built by US.  So looks like Rev is going to get another project to play around with next year.  Grin

Iram... I can't recall if you live in Canada.  If you do, I could mail you that speaker/battery pack if it would be of any help.  There are wires coming out of it that are a good length and the speaker wiring looks quite intact.  Rev or Rac should be able to walk you through a fix.  Let me know if you want it.  Smiley

EDIT:  Perhaps Rev could say if it would be of any use for Iram.  Is the older style of speaker and since it's never been used for sound, I'm assuming that it will work.  Undecided

Oh no! Grin

I live in the Southern USA, but thanks anyways  Smiley Smiley

And I agree with Rev, that's a pretty cool saber!

It looks as though Iram's problem is getting addressed, and he is in good hands. 

That makes me happy.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy That's why I love the saber forum! Thanks for all of the help, everyone!

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2016, 05:17:14 PM »

Oh no! Grin

I live in the Southern USA, but thanks anyways  Smiley Smiley

And I agree with Rev, that's a pretty cool saber!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy That's why I love the saber forum! Thanks for all of the help, everyone!

Hey Iram.  Keep us all up to date on this saber repair.  Cus' we are now emotionally invested.  Cheesy

I could be wrong but I think that the newer shiny diaphragm speaker is not constructed quite as sturdy as the older version.  Undecided

Think I'll let Rev cut out some holes and light up that saber of mine.  Will save customization till next year and likely add a sound board.  Smiley

points for you and Rev  Cool

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2016, 05:19:16 PM »

Again, I'm too late...D7 already said what I wanted to say Grin

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2016, 05:31:09 PM »

Again, I'm too late...D7 already said what I wanted to say Grin

point for agreeing with whatever I just said ?!  Wink  Tongue

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 05:38:51 PM »

Iram should keep us up to date on his repair...or didn't you write that before Tongue

Sig by Master Nero

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2016, 08:11:40 PM »

lol, I'll try to keep you all updated. Again, thanks for all of the help.

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2016, 09:39:32 PM »

The process has begun! Ultrasabers got back to me so now all I have to do is ship Old Reliable off, and it'll be repaired!

hopefully

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2016, 09:42:17 PM »

I haven't sayed anything becose I'm 0,00 on electricity, but I have been folowing everything and I'm happy to know that the problem can be fixed... Points for Rac, Rev, D7 and Rapine...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2016, 07:50:15 AM »

They got it covered. I'd hate to be without my Overlord as well even though its just a stunt Tongue You'll probably have it back by next week. See if they can add a bit more wire on the speaker too actually if its not too late. The Overlord has the most flush made pommel ever I think but its a nice one though. But maybe for sound versions in the future on the inside of the pommel could be made a tad bit deeper

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: