Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ROTJ Luke MR Shell Question  (Read 2381 times)
spectresabre
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 41

The Hash Slinging Slasher

« on: September 29, 2013, 03:37:01 AM »

Over the years I've gone through 3 Luke ROTJ lightsabers by Master Replicas. After my last one was destroyed (internally) I disassembled it. What I have now is a shell. It's beautiful and has a bit of dents from drops and what not. That's not important though.

MY QUESTION was if I could possible get away with using Ultrasaber electronics and put them inside the ROTJ saber? It has no activation box anymore (and it looks better that way) which would allow a button to be placed.
I would love to rebuild this lovely hilt, and I'm thinking of using an LED flashlight and throwing a heavy grade blade on top with a screw. I have color discs so color isn't necessarily a problem.

Thoughts? I don't have any money, and probably wont for a long time, so should I experiment first or save up to assemble later on?

The Laser Realm is the only side I stand by. Not light or dark.. Just Lasers.

Crescent King
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 03:41:46 AM »

I recently built a custom lightsaber out of PVC and I'm currently using a small LED flashlight with a color lense. I'm quite satisfied with the way it looks and for someone without money it's a good idea. But, if you can spare maybe eight bucks you can get a LED, battery pack, and button from Radioshack. It might take some tweaking but I think you can make it work.

spectresabre
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 04:05:10 AM »

I recently built a custom lightsaber out of PVC and I'm currently using a small LED flashlight with a color lense. I'm quite satisfied with the way it looks and for someone without money it's a good idea. But, if you can spare maybe eight bucks you can get a LED, battery pack, and button from Radioshack. It might take some tweaking but I think you can make it work.
I might do the radio shack thing. The only thing is, I'm really bad with wires.

Crescent King
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 04:50:42 AM »

The good thing about Radioshack is they know what they are doing. The ones here talked me through an entire wireing project I had to do and it worked perfect. But, you have access to the interenet where you can pretty much find in depth tutorials on anything, I'm sure you can do it. But, if you know that you're extremly bad then just do the LED flashlight for now and get to know your wireing a little better.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 09:22:47 PM »

I actually have that Luke ROTJ hilt with Obsidian sound inside, so it's definitely possible.  I've heard it's difficult, but who doesn't like a nice challenge every now and then? Wink

spectresabre
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 11:11:14 PM »

I actually have that Luke ROTJ hilt with Obsidian sound inside, so it's definitely possible.  I've heard it's difficult, but who doesn't like a nice challenge every now and then? Wink
Did you build it yourself?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 06:44:25 PM »

Did you build it yourself?

Actually no, this was an install Ultra did for me a while back, so I couldn't give you specific tips for the build.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 08:48:53 PM »

Can you still send in MR sabers for Obsidian installs and such? I have a Windu I'd love to get done and with a real VA set up as well. If not then I can do it myself also.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 08:54:04 PM »

Can you still send in MR sabers for Obsidian installs and such? I have a Windu I'd love to get done and with a real VA set up as well. If not then I can do it myself also.

From the mail-in conversions page:
We no longer do any Mail In Conversions on ForceFX sabers.  This category is just a place holder for now and will be completely removed soon.  Please do not email and request a mail in conversion, we no longer do these AT ALL, in any way, shape, or form.  No special requests, no exceptions.  I apologize for any inconvenience with this.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 05:22:21 PM »

If you would like sound in it but are unable to afford the obsidian sound board then check out this thread. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7267.0

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: