Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Another Happy Guardian Owner!  (Read 1294 times)
Olphatnurd
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« on: September 29, 2014, 04:29:46 PM »

Hello there,
   I've received my first UltraSaber  and I'm thrilled with it.
Specs: Guardian Hilt, 2 Channel Emerald Driver Guardian Blue & Adegan Silver, Obsidian Sound, Recharge Port,
Non Illuminated AV Switch and 32" Ultra Edge Mid Grade blade.

I'll touch upon each of these specs in the review starting with the hilt. This thing is Gorgeous! It's so clean, precise,
so well crafted like a high end power tool with artistic aesthetics. It's captivating and empowering just to hold it. I was
expecting it to be heavier and bulkier than it is based on all the reviews I had read and watched. This is the first UltraSaber
hilt I have ever held though, so I don't know how it compares to the other hilts. I find it to be very comfortable in my hands
and I like the heft and balance. It feels very real, exactly like how I always imagined a lightsaber would feel. In fact it takes
very little imagination to make you feel as though an actual light blade will emerge from the hilt when you activate it!

I chose a 2 Channel Emerald Driver because I knew that I wanted to keep the blade color blue. My second channel color is
Adegan Silver which I use for the FOC and Pulse Effects. On my order I chose to have my "AV switch in series with channel 2."
The switch I received however is a non-illuminated switch. I believe this is because in the sound field I chose "Yes Obsidian Sound."
thinking that the switch in series with channel 2 would cover the illumination so I didn't specify any particular color there.
The non-illuminated switch looks great however so I don't feel this was too much of a mistake.

The obsidian sound board is very loud and clear. I haven't adjusted any of the settings yet as I really like the standard sound
effects. The sounds are only a little off when doing spin routines and the clash only activates with a firm tap to the blade, so I
don't seem to set it off just by spinning which used to happen with my old FX saber.

The recharge port is located on the back of the hilt and is unobtrusive to my hand. It makes it very convenient to keep the
saber battle ready at all times.

I requested that my Mid-Grade Ultra-Edge blade be shortened to 32" so it would be easier to spin indoors. I find that the saber
handles very well with this set-up and that the blade is bright and uniformly lit from tip to tip. I was able to use my points earned from
this order to purchase a regular Mid-Grade blade at the standard 36" so I have another option to use there.

Lastly, I have to write about the service. I placed my order on Thursday morning and it shipped on Friday. Within a week I had
my saber! I think that is absolutely remarkable! The saber with all these options rang in at a little under $500.00 dollars, shipping
included, with no deals or coupons. I was happy to pay it. The cost is irrelevant when compared to the gleeful joy the guardian
brings me. Thanks to UltraSabers for making these things. I've wanted a real lightsaber  since I was 7 years old and now I have one!
Well, as close to real as possible and it's good enough for me. I couldn't be happier!   

julmax
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 75

A Sith... Hear? Bad Sishy, Bad Sithy! ...WOOSH!

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 08:03:51 PM »

Congratulations Olphatnurd...  And a nicely written review.

I recently purchased a similarly equipped Guardian as well and wholeheartedly agree with your feelings regarding this saber.  It is truly a masterpiece in both form and function. 

However, regarding the weight, I can tell you that it is easily the heaviest hilt that I own and consequently difficult for me to wield.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore the Guardian and the weight is probably not an issue for most of you guys out there.  But for those of us with limited arm and upper body strength, wielding the Guardian can get exhausting rather quickly.  Regardless, I am still very happy with it, and enthusiastically encourage any who may be interested in the Guardian to make the purchase.  You will not regret it.

Would you prefer light or dark side points good sir?  Your review deserves it's just rewards. Wink

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 08:23:42 PM »

I really like my Guardian as well, and have the non-illuminated AV button on it. I think it looks really good like that - almost part of the shroud, and makes the red button look like the power switch Smiley

A good and thorough review; I'm pleased you like your 'sabre!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Olphatnurd
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 08:27:56 PM »

Thanks Julmax!  Your reviews are spectacular so I'll take that compliment. So concerning hilt weight, if
I can get used to spinning my Guardian the next saber I buy will be a breeze right?  
You always seem to reply to my threads and it makes me feel welcome. Light side always and thanks.

julmax
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 75

A Sith... Hear? Bad Sishy, Bad Sithy! ...WOOSH!

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 09:13:58 PM »

Any time Olphatnurd...  One light side point coming up. Wink

Just to be clear, I can and do enjoy a spinning my Guardian...  I just can't do it for very long.  It is also a bit of a apples and oranges comparison as the Guardian, for want of a better description, is a cannon/heavy dueling saber.  But yes, if you're used to the heavier hilts, the lighter ones will be that much easier.

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 05:45:37 AM »

It's her episode 4 fighting style saber Cheesy
I got my guardian before the Emerald driver came out but it is in Cannon style with blue led, blue av and half blue, half red foc:). Have a point for an awesome review:).

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

zzkenc
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 07:21:13 AM »

welcome to the Guardian club

- Guardian Adegan Silver
- Crimson Scorpion Sun Rider's Destiny
- Aeon Blazing Red
- Aeon LE Violet Amethyst
- Prophecy v3 Blazing Red

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print