Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 15 or 10% off  (Read 3297 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« on: June 13, 2015, 06:53:41 AM »

Forgive the question if it is rude.  But how often does US do their 10% or 15% off sales?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 05:14:00 PM »

Hi.  Generally you can count on the % off sales occurring at least twice a year.  However US decides what sales promotion and when they will be occurring, so members can only wait to see what comes up next.  In between are the seasonal raffles.  Always something to anticipate.  Smiley

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 10:53:04 PM »

Thanks..I'm putting money away for a Saber and I only have a few more paychecks before I'll have to full amount.  Just didn't want to go ahead and then there is a % sale the very next week...:p

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 08:23:18 PM »

Thanks..I'm putting money away for a Saber and I only have a few more paychecks before I'll have to full amount.  Just didn't want to go ahead and then there is a % sale the very next week...:p

A wise choice. %off coupons are the best way to go, but they typically apply to sabers with sound. They get even better when you can pair them with the DoD. And then there's also your reward points. If you wait for the right moment to strike you can make a killing. For instance, I got my Chosen One with sound, no FoC, for only like $250 after shipping. The Force was with me.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 05:02:18 AM »

A wise choice. %off coupons are the best way to go, but they typically apply to sabers with sound. They get even better when you can pair them with the DoD. And then there's also your reward points. If you wait for the right moment to strike you can make a killing. For instance, I got my Chosen One with sound, no FoC, for only like $250 after shipping. The Force was with me.

I, personally, wouldn't get a saber without sound.  But I am unfamiliar with reward points..I didn't know US has such a thing...

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 05:21:24 AM »

I, personally, wouldn't get a saber without sound.  But I am unfamiliar with reward points..I didn't know US has such a thing...

For every dollar you spend on a saber or parts, you earn a Rewards Point.  Shipping does not count.  20 rewards points count as $1.  You may use these Rewards points toward a purchase of anything from US.  When you use Rewards Points towards a purchase, the"purchase" does not earn you Rewards Points".  There is an explanation on US and in the forum.

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 07:51:14 AM »

Yes, I went and found it.  Thanks.  That is really cool to find out.  Sadly It won't do me much good as I am not a saber "collector" per se. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 12:35:08 PM »

For every dollar you spend on a saber or parts, you earn a Rewards Point.  Shipping does not count.  20 rewards points count as $1.  You may use these Rewards points toward a purchase of anything from US.  When you use Rewards Points towards a purchase, the"purchase" does not earn you Rewards Points".  There is an explanation on US and in the forum.

What he said.

Yes, I went and found it.  Thanks.  That is really cool to find out.  Sadly It won't do me much good as I am not a saber "collector" per se. 

I've heard most members say they use their points on parts, that way on saber orders they earn max points. Do you have intentions to get any more sabers? You could just save your points until you know that you're not going to buy any more, at least for a while, that way that last purchase doesn't earn points.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 03:47:24 PM »

hmm.. maybe thats one for the "suggestions" board.. Transfer reward points? can't think that it'll ever go live though!! hehe would be good to "Gift" reward points to people.. (think of me if this goes live though peeps!!)  Grin Tongue

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 03:52:19 PM »

hmm.. maybe thats one for the "suggestions" board.. Transfer reward points? can't think that it'll ever go live though!! hehe would be good to "Gift" reward points to people.. (think of me if this goes live though peeps!!)  Grin Tongue

I don't know about that, but you can set up gift purchases through Emory. That's how Qui-Lar shocked the hell out of me with the Dark Prophecy. So use your reward points to buy something for someone else.

Sig by For Tyeth

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 04:06:28 PM »

I asked Emory this very question yesterday about transferring or gifting reward points to another account user and the answer was a definite no.

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 04:16:59 PM »

I bought a US back in 2013, but due to life circumstances I had to sell it not too long after I got it.  I do still have some points from that purchase though.  I intend on getting the Omen with quick disconnect, so I can get other MLS units eventually.  Way down the road I plan on getting at least 2 more sabers, but that is going to be at least a year from now.  I do want the flamberge, but I want to wait and see if anymore work will be done on it.  But knowing this it might influence my plans.  Thanks all for pointing me towards that info.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: