Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 10w RGB LED or a seoul p4  (Read 1170 times)
Holt
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -24

« on: January 22, 2012, 06:08:31 AM »

Guys,

I need some help figuring out some stuff to decide on my next saber

I really want a 10w RGB FoC built in my saber but I have read a few times that the seoul p4 is brighter then a 10 RGB LED. Is this a fact? I thought a 10w RGB LED which is running on 2 dice would be brighter then a single seoul p4?

thoughts?

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 02:03:24 PM »

I believe that it depends upon the set up.  10 Watts usually have 4 dies and depending on the setup, your primary color could only be running from one die.  I am not a math whiz so somebody else may have to step in to correct me but if your primary color runs from one die and your flash runs from 3 dies, then I would say that you are only running 2.5 watts. If your primary color uses 2 dies, then you are running at 5 Watts, the same as a P4. 

In the end, it is a personal decision.  I have been on other forums where people spend most of their time debating whether P4's and Rebel's are brighter. 

I have yet to see anything that has been bought from Ultra that was most at it's peak brightness and we have some independent saber smiths on here that can tell you their personal experiences as well. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: