Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Request: Catalyst or Dark Catalyst disassembled  (Read 3714 times)
James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« on: May 17, 2014, 09:13:49 AM »

Hi all,

Can anyone post a picture of either the Catalyst or Dark Catalyst separated into body, emitter and pommel, please?

I really like the body of these hilts, but I'm less keen on the rest of it. I'm just wondering whether it'd be possible to combine it with other emitters/pommels and have it look good.

I'm curious if the emitter and pommel from the Shock/Dark Shock would work with them, but first I'd just like to see one broken up as it'd be a question of whether I'd ask about making a modified order or buy them stock and get the separate parts at a later point.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 07:16:50 PM »

From what I know about the Catalyst is that the emitter is unscrewable, but not fully removable because of the LED/heatsink sitting in the emitter rather than in the hilt. So without cutting the wires you can't remove the Catalyst emitter Undecided

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 09:48:29 PM »

I thought that the emitters is removable but the choke is not because of the led unit.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 10:22:37 PM »

That's what I'd heard, but what appears to be the Dark Catalyst body showed up in a grab bag recently, so maybe it's possible?

It may not be, and it's mainly the choke I'm not keen on so if it's pretty much a standard part of the body I guess I won't be pursuing the idea, but I wanted to check.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 06:22:45 AM »

It was my understanding that the choke is removable and MHS compatible, but that the LED is wired through it, but with the lack of QD's it would require some rewiring to get it apart and back together.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 12:32:10 PM »

Oh, yeah, it was the choke, not the emitter itself. Totally forgot that it also had a choke between body and emitter.
Anyway, sedstiskyfaller is right - removing the choke and emitter without having QD's is tricky because of the wiring. And the Catalyst can't be equipped with QD's by default, only by DIY.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 08:41:10 PM »

Hmmm... I found this useful video by Xaeyon: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=18588.0

I may have to e-mail Emory directly about this. Imagine the following:

Dark Shock pommel - Dark Catalyst body - Dark Arbiter choke - Dark Shock emitter - Fire Orange/Blazing Red blade
Shock pommel - Catalyst body - (Dark) Arbiter choke - Shock emitter - Adegan Silver/Fire Orange blade

I can't help but feel that could be an expensive pair of 'sabres, but if it's possible, they'd look epic!

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »

As a quick update, I've heard back from Emory and those two combos are definitely possible.

As an added bonus, including the Arbiter choke will mean I can have quick disconnects on the hilts, so I can switch out the MLS units for each other, as well as my other ones too.

I guess I know what my next order will be - although whether to go Dark or Light is the question...

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 09:57:26 PM »

That's gonna be a freakin long saber! I would personally go with the light one first only because I prefer those to the dark hilts.

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 11:06:16 PM »

I think that would be an epic looking saber for sure definitely would want to see pics of it when you get it

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 04:05:57 PM »

I like long-handled 'sabres, so I don't mind the length of it Smiley

In terms of which to get first... I may go for an orange blade on a black hilt. Decisions, decisions... Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: