Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: George lucas trolling again but it will cost us 90.00  (Read 25182 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 05:17:01 PM »

What does anger me is this: We get all these nifty changes, but I'd bet everything I have that at the end of ANH, CHEWIE STILL DOESN'T GET A FRACKEN MEDAL!!!!!! Angry

I think Chewie should rip Lucas's arms outta their sockets... but that's just me...

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 05:43:59 PM »

I get so tired of the "It's the way Lucas wanted it" excuse for any of the tinkering he does with each release. If he had wanted Darth to moan "No" before he tossed Palpatines little shell rod body into the pit, you know what? He would have. He didn't need to wait for the BluRay technology to come around. This is a (lame, embarrassing, clumsy) attempt to invoke the frankenvader "Nooooo" at the end of the Revenge of the Sith. Get it? He wails at his "birth" and then at his redemption. Full circle. It takes one of the most powerful scenes (and one of the only good ones in Jedi) and lowers it to the hokey ham handed level of Sith. He screwed up one scene, and instead of going back and make Frankenvader better, he goes forward and makes Vader's classical style redemption, worse.

They Krayt thing needs no comment.

I don't mind the blinks one bit. The "He wanted it that way" mantra in this case works just fine. The Ewoks (damn them) looked like subterranean nocturnal rodents. The blink at least addresses their sightless stares. Had he stuck to cosmetic issues like this, I wouldn't have taken that hit out on him a few days ago. Oh... uhm. Shhh. Mums the word. Ok?

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 05:49:37 PM »

I get so tired of the "It's the way Lucas wanted it" excuse for any of the tinkering he does with each release. If he had wanted Darth to moan "No" before he tossed Palpatines little shell rod body into the pit, you know what? He would have. He didn't need to wait for the BluRay technology to come around. This is a (lame, embarrassing, clumsy) attempt to invoke the frankenvader "Nooooo" at the end of the Revenge of the Sith. Get it? He wails at his "birth" and then at his redemption. Full circle. It takes one of the most powerful scenes (and one of the only good ones in Jedi) and lowers it to the hokey ham handed level of Sith. He screwed up one scene, and instead of going back and make Frankenvader better, he goes forward and makes Vader's classical style redemption, worse.

I don't mind the blinks one bit. The "He wanted it that way" mantra in this case works just fine. The Ewoks (damn them) looked like subterranean nocturnal rodents. The blink at least addresses their sightless stares. Had he stuck to cosmetic issues like this, I wouldn't have taken that hit out on him a few days ago. Oh... uhm. Shhh. Mums the word. Ok?

I agree with the cosmetic changes, adding words and lines to the script is dumb.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 05:52:23 PM »

I think Chewie should rip Lucas's arms outta their sockets... but that's just me...

I agree, he should.

@Kamryn: Yeah, Chewie did get robbed.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 07:31:57 PM »

Sir, not only are our lips sealed, but I think we all owe you a drink for that one Wink  Maybe it'll keep him from defiling the OT any more... unless the crazy ass comes back as a Force ghost...

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 07:37:33 PM »

Point.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 08:59:10 PM »

Sir, not only are our lips sealed, but I think we all owe you a drink for that one Wink  Maybe it'll keep him from defiling the OT any more... unless the crazy ass comes back as a Force ghost...

complete with his own creepy pedophile face....

(Sig by me!)

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 09:22:20 PM »

I don't see the problem. The scream thing sounds pretty dumb, but at least it's a realistic sound. It always bothered me in ep IV when he made the original sound.

Cosmetic issues, who cares... he made stuff better.

Vader saying NOOO... why is everyone so worked up about this. It's not even a big deal at all. I mean it's not necessary, but it doesn't change anything. Personally I thought the original scene was awkward...he just stood there in silence. I'm kinda glad they added in some words.

What angered me was the "special edition" changes that happened years ago and won't seem to go away. Especially the HORRID song and dance scene.

Other than that it seems like a pretty good deal for $80 on Amazon.

Then again I've never been hardcore into Star Wars... I just liked the movies.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 11:07:14 PM »

I kind of like the nooo also, with the blank stares looking back and forth it needed that to show "that's enough, I'm pissed".

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 11:54:21 PM »

I kind of like the nooo also, with the blank stares looking back and forth it needed that to show "that's enough, I'm pissed".

Exactly. I chalk that up as a good change. I always imagined Vader's inner monologue screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" that whole time.

The Krayt Dragon thing is kind of annoying, but that always was to begin with so whatever. Plus, it's like 3 or 4 seconds people, come on.

Like I said, before, I'm more upset about a change I'm fairly certain didn't happen. Give Chewie a dang medal!

(Sig by me!)

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -57

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 12:41:21 AM »

In the end of the day it all comes down to this, the are HIS movies HE made them so he can do what he wants to them. I'm not saying I support the changes, just the fact that he can do what he wants. Its like if I were to get upset if you guys did custom work on your Ultrasabers there yours you can do what you want with them.

Dark Prophecy- Blazing Red
Dark Liberator-Consular Green
Dark War Glaive W/Sound-Guardian Blue
PVC Prophecy-Guardian Blue (niece's)
Dark Standard Issue-Violet Amethyst

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 03:39:14 PM »

Um, I fail to see how any of these are ruining the movies. In fact, I didn't even see anything different about the Wicket scene.

I agree with my Brother from  the Light on this one...

Maybe it's just my sensitive sentimental side Wink... but I like the "No.... NOOOO!!!!!!!!!" that Vader speaks in response to the thought of loosing his son to the Emperor...

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 03:41:29 PM »

I agree with my Brother from  the Light on this one...

Maybe it's just my sensitive sentimental side Wink... but I like the "No.... NOOOO!!!!!!!!!" that Vader speaks in response to the thought of loosing his son to the Emperor...

My wife and I re-watched ROTJ and without it he just kinda stands there looking confused.

So the Nooooo is a welcome addition.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »

My wife and I re-watched ROTJ and without it he just kinda stands there looking confused.

So the Nooooo is a welcome addition.

I Absolutely Agree Wink

(Vader's Inner Thoughts Without The "Nooooo's")

"I wonder what the cafeteria is serving for dinner tonight??......  Uuuuuu, I Hope It's Pancakes For Breakfast Again!!!!!!!!!!  Grin  Grin  Grin..... Oh Crap My Kid's Getting Fried  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked , Better Save His Butt.... Up Up and Away!!!!!  Tongue"

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 03:49:42 PM »

I Absolutely Agree Wink

(Vader's Inner Thoughts Without The "Nooooo's")

"I wonder what the cafeteria is serving for dinner tonight??......  Uuuuuu, I Hope It's Pancakes For Breakfast Again!!!!!!!!!!  Grin  Grin  Grin..... Oh Crap My Kid's Getting Fried  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked , Better Save His Butt.... Up Up and Away!!!!!  Tongue"

This was actually the original cut lolo.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ2yRTRlMFU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ2yRTRlMFU</a>

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: