Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 59   Go Down
Author Topic: The Orange Outcasts...  (Read 285366 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #555 on: September 24, 2018, 11:43:54 AM »

That would be George Lucas. He's the one who insisted all Jedi have blue and green. Samuel L. Jackson had to practically beg for a purple blade, and even he wasn't sure if it really happened until he watched the movie. The 2D animated Clone Wars series tried to justify the decision and show how rare the crystals were by having a cave with crystals growing destroyed. Though, that still doesn't explain AOTC, as that series takes place after that movie.

So true, I'm glad that Jedis don't have to decide between blue or green and have more colors to own.  I'm still not believing the whole new saber crystal cannon story that Disney is trying to tell though

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #556 on: September 24, 2018, 12:30:43 PM »

I'm still not believing the whole new saber crystal cannon story that Disney is trying to tell though

As far as I'm concerned, Adegan crystals are used in lightsabers. They grow in caves and are of different color. Young Jedi enter these caves, often filled with peril, to retrieve a crystal to use in their saber. There's no meditating to make it a color, because they already have one. Oh, and synthetic crystals are totally a thing. Disney can try to say whatever bull they want about crystals, but their existence, name and characteristics are much better defined in the EU, in my opinion.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #557 on: September 24, 2018, 12:43:31 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, Adegan crystals are used in lightsabers. They grow in caves and are of different color. Young Jedi enter these caves, often filled with peril, to retrieve a crystal to use in their saber. There's no meditating to make it a color, because they already have one. Oh, and synthetic crystals are totally a thing. Disney can try to say whatever bull they want about crystals, but their existence, name and characteristics are much better defined in the EU, in my opinion.

I can't agree with you more on this, SFD.  I prefer Adegan crystals over Kyber any day and the synthetic crystals for Sith are much better than the story that Disney's trying to push.  The EU has a better name and characteristics than Disney's lazy and boring story of the crystal. The thought of everything being colorless until being united with a Force-Sensitive then it changes colors isn't realistic to me.  There can't possibly be nothing but colorless crystals across the galaxy

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #558 on: September 24, 2018, 12:54:46 PM »

Also, that story is full of plot holes. If the Kyber crystals powering the Death Star were just raw harvested crystals, how was the beam green?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #559 on: September 24, 2018, 01:01:21 PM »

Hi All,

Well, it annoys me even more. I designed a saber (which I can't go into details about here) way back in May 2016 and I posted it on another website and on my own. The saber was an update of Luke's ROTJ hilt. It was a silver hilt with both a crystal chamber and a "white" blade. Here is an excerpt from my article:

"This is the weapon I envisaged Luke may have, if and when balance in the Force is ever achieved. The saber has his famous Thin necked emitter with the now iconic black and silver bands. The switch section has been polished up and the copper accents give the switch a bit of interest as do the power indicator arrows on the side. Again the saber has the extended crystal chamber FTE pommel. By now you will have noticed that the blade and crystal chamber are glowing white, this I did to signify that the Force had been healed and was in “balance” hence the name for the saber. Now I created this design back in May but Disney/Lucasfilm have changed the Canon/story regarding these crystals. According to Disney, Kyber crystals are colourless to begin with and only take on a colour when the Jedi building the saber meditates on the crystal. The crystal then turns either blue or green dependant on the character of the Jedi. Red crystals used by the Sith turn red after they have been stolen and used for evil. This is now called “Bleeding”. Damaged crystals can be “healed” by a Jedi meditating on them for a second time but the crystal turns white, like Ahsoka Tano’s lightsaber crystals. It would seem Disney are borrowing my ideas  Shocked  !"

It transpires that around July of 2016 Disney announce their new rules on crystals and guess what?...they "introduce" healed crystals giving white blades, Bleeding and everything else!
Anyhoo, I can't sue them so life goes on.

Now back to your outstanding Orange hilts! (or maybe talk about the Death Star laser)

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #560 on: September 24, 2018, 01:03:19 PM »

I’ll bring us back on topic...🤪

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #561 on: September 24, 2018, 01:25:29 PM »

Also, that story is full of plot holes. If the Kyber crystals powering the Death Star were just raw harvested crystals, how was the beam green?

Exactly, otherwise it should of been colorless as described by Disney.  How was the Emperor's saber in ROTS red since he started of as a Dark apprentice?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #562 on: September 24, 2018, 04:12:51 PM »

Hey all... I think that this crystal conversation deserves to have a topic thread all of it's own so that more members can see and participate.  Could someone please check out in Off Topic if one already exists likely under the Star Wars category.

If not... then Tyeth or SFD please get one started and perhaps add this short but inspiring convo.  Thanks.  Smiley

I have a lot and I mean a lot of crystals and could share some photos there.  Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #563 on: September 24, 2018, 04:26:11 PM »

Agreed, let’s start one

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #564 on: September 24, 2018, 04:29:11 PM »

Hi Infinit01,

I have just sent a PM to Dauntless 7 regarding an existing thread that might be suitable to continue posting about this subject on rather than starting a new thread...just waiting for her to check it out.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #565 on: September 24, 2018, 04:36:23 PM »

Hi All,

Apologies for the double post but I have permission.

There is a thread related to Kyber Crystal Canon and can be found here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32834.0

Could all further discussion posts on Kyber Crystals etc be posted on "Canon Info on Kyber Crystals" so we can concentrate on the Orange Outcasts on this thread.

Thanks in advance!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #566 on: September 24, 2018, 04:37:44 PM »

Hi All,

Apologies for the double post but I have permission.

Could all further discussion posts on Kyber Crystals etc be posted here so we can concentrate on the Orange Outcasts on this thread.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Tyeth. I’m checking it out now. Have a point

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #567 on: September 24, 2018, 09:56:28 PM »

I’ll bring us back on topic...🤪

Awesome pic, bro! Smiley

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #568 on: September 24, 2018, 10:56:47 PM »

The kitten likes to keep a saber handy while she sleeps, for emergencies:

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #569 on: September 24, 2018, 10:58:13 PM »

Could all further discussion posts on Kyber Crystals etc be posted on "Canon Info on Kyber Crystals" so we can concentrate on the Orange Outcasts on this thread.

Started this back up if anyone wants to join.

Great pics SFD and Gumby.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 59   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: