Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Everyone's stoked for Rey's yellow blade, but what fascinates me  (Read 3784 times)
Starsaber_222
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 01:54:07 PM »

I still don’t understand why she buried Luke’s saber.  The location of storage makes sense, if you’re trying to make sure it can eventually be found if for some reason that particular saber is ever needed again, I suppose.  It also makes sense if she is burying what’s left of him (since his body disappeared) at an emotionally significant location, but I’m not really clear on any of that.

I saw it as sort of an Arthurian Sword in the Stone type thing.  The symbols of Luke and Leia were put to rest, but in a place where they can be found again by someone worthy if/when they're needed.

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2020, 08:28:58 PM »

Is it not befitting that the twins are buried together beneath the twin suns of Lukes home?
The symbolism is very obvious.
There were no bodies to bury of course.
And Rey as a new jedi has her own sabre.
To bury the very embodiment of the twins there brings the movie series to an appropriate close.

Additionally, IIRC and FWIW and other disclaimers:
The comics (canon) specifically shows Sidious manipulating Shmee into creating Anakin; a Palpatine starts the 'Skywalker' lineage, in a sense
Shmee, iirc, was buried somewhere at the Owen moisture farm
While we couldn't have Padme buried there as well (I don't remember if they ever said where, but did Obiwan take her body along with Luke, to Tatooine?) 
I believe Rey buried the twin sabers where Shmee is buried, so the circle ends, and a Palpatine restarts the 'Skywalker' name

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 08:36:13 PM »

IIRC, Padmé was buried on her homeworld of Naboo. It was the procession scene near the end of Episode III.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 08:36:37 PM »

Additionally, IIRC and FWIW and other disclaimers:
The comics (canon) specifically shows Sidious manipulating Shmee into creating Anakin; a Palpatine starts the 'Skywalker' lineage, in a sense
Shmee, iirc, was buried somewhere at the Owen moisture farm
While we couldn't have Padme buried there as well (I don't remember if they ever said where, but did Obiwan take her body along with Luke, to Tatooine?) 
I believe Rey buried the twin sabers where Shmee is buried, so the circle ends, and a Palpatine restarts the 'Skywalker' name

FYI, Padme was buried on Naboo, probably in a fairly elaborate tomb as both a former Queen AND Senator.

Burying the sabers with Shmee's body on the Lars' farm makes sense.  (Luke's uncle was Owen Lars)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Griff
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

And now we shall have peace....Lore Expert.

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 10:37:18 PM »

I also wonder if she doesnt decide to live there.

After all, she needs a new home, and why not there.

This could be a good place for a new jedi. She could also guard the buried sabres...

Dark side point fiend....

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 11:00:55 PM »

I also wonder if she doesnt decide to live there.

After all, she needs a new home, and why not there.

This could be a good place for a new jedi. She could also guard the buried sabres...

Or maybe an abandoned hovel nearby where an old hermit used to live.  I think he went by the name of Ben, which Rey might find particularly drawn to.

* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)

Darth Griff
Knight Officer

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2020, 02:41:05 AM »

Indeed.

The light side is strong in this area.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2020, 12:39:49 PM »

I think she makes the former Lars homestead her new home...remember what she did when she arrived? Sliding down on this piece of junk? Exactly what she did after scavenging that ISD in Episode VII and returning to Niima and her AT-AT. And it's the place where Luke spent part of his life.

It's just logical (even when many say there's no logic in the ST - who cares, it's Star Wars, it doesn't need to follow the logic that you imagined for yourself Tongue).

That doesn't mean she won't explore Ben Kenobi's house as well...sometime Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2020, 07:46:07 PM »

I think she makes the former Lars homestead her new home...remember what she did when she arrived? Sliding down on this piece of junk? Exactly what she did after scavenging that ISD in Episode VII and returning to Niima and her AT-AT. And it's the place where Luke spent part of his life.

Good point, same sliding down sequence to claim closes that circle.  and a moisture farm makes a great hidden jedi base, no one would suspect it.

Darth Griff
Knight Officer

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2020, 03:10:50 AM »

100%

Bens house is a visitation location and possibly a place for future jedi to stay.

phantom1592
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2020, 10:29:15 PM »

There are many "explanations" for the yellow blades, and I don't think any are really canon, so we may have to wait for one.  But most sources pin the blade color on the actual crystal used, rather than a specific characteristic.  Your quote is one I have heard before, and it tends to be accurate in regards to the Sentinels.  Sentinels were often also "Sith Hunters", and so they were very combat-oriented in that sense but more widely in tune with the force than a typical guardian.

Basically, there's a lot of info on Sentinels and it is somewhat contradictory.  So you can make of it what you wish. LOL

I'll admit I hate the idea of colors reflecting personality. I'm old school enough that it should all be about crystal colors and personal preference. I don't want the lightsabers to become the Hogwarts sorting hat...

I still don’t understand why she buried Luke’s saber.  The location of storage makes sense, if you’re trying to make sure it can eventually be found if for some reason that particular saber is ever needed again, I suppose.  It also makes sense if she is burying what’s left of him (since his body disappeared) at an emotionally significant location, but I’m not really clear on any of that.

It was symbolism... but it wasn't 'in character' symbolism. it was purely for the fans to see a familiar landmark to wrap up the series. In character Tatooine meant nothing to Rey... or Luke. The moment he got off that planet he didn't look back and Leia never even saw that farm...

Light Side all the way Cheesy

Ordered 2/8/20:

*Azure Fallen: Obsidian v4, Guardian Blue, Flash Silver, Recharge port, Blue illuminated AVswitch
*Mystery Box
*Free Initiate

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: