Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond Saber: Flashing different colors, blaster sounds  (Read 1138 times)
skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« on: April 22, 2017, 03:31:31 AM »

I got the diamond saber, and I knew I'd get the pulsing effect and the clash effect, but there were some default effects I wasn't expecting.  One of them sounds like blasters going off, and the blade flashes between red, blue, and maybe another color or two.  How does this effect trigger?

I've also noticed my menaces have a couple of times frozen, where they just emit a loud, distorted solid tone.  Turning them off and on again fixes them, though.

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 09:10:56 AM »

I got the diamond saber, and I knew I'd get the pulsing effect and the clash effect, but there were some default effects I wasn't expecting.  One of them sounds like blasters going off, and the blade flashes between red, blue, and maybe another color or two.  How does this effect trigger?

I've also noticed my menaces have a couple of times frozen, where they just emit a loud, distorted solid tone.  Turning them off and on again fixes them, though.

The red-blue flash looks like a gesture effect, but those should only be triggered by special motions (details on gesture motions in the video here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34478.0). You should check the gesture sensitivity: connect to Launcher, start the Font Wizard, select the active font and go the the gestures page. Each of the 5 gestures has a sensitivity slider, if those values are too high then the board is over-sensitive to gestures and random motions might trigger them. Moving the sliders a little bit to the left should fix this.

The freezing and distorted tone sounds like there's a physical problem either with the wiring or with the board itself. You should run a diagnosis (connect to Launcher and press the "Diagnose" button, then run the diagnose with all the options selected). If there's a configuration error, it will appear here. If there's no configuration error but the saber still freezes, it's probably a physical error and you should contact customer support.

Marius.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 10:29:59 AM »

I just wanted to say how excellent it is that there's an RSX Eng CR rep, or actual engineer or developer, or whichever title you happen to carry over there, fine sir, in house.

I just think that it's a really smart move on both US's and RSX's parts.  So many minor issues can be resolved in short order.  That's awesome. Smiley

On here, we show our appreciation by awarding force points.  So here's a +1 for you good man.

Thank you. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 03:07:27 PM »

Lord Rapine, I agree.  One of the complaints I have with the sabers I received is that there was very little documentation included in the box, but that is mostly mitigated by the excellent online support (both from the developers and from the community).

RSX Engineering, thanks for the advice.  It is a gesture effect, and for now I've just removed them.

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 04:29:20 PM »

To follow-up, I ran the diagnostics on both the crimson and azure sabers.

Crimson saber had invalid times in some of the channels on the fonts (specifically in the idle hum and on the stab effect).  I simply changed the time to a different one and then back on the various nodes and it cleared the error.  I am trying to stress-test it now and it seems to be working, but as I don't know exactly what caused it I might not be able to replicate it.

Azure saber had the accent channel that the power alert was on disabled.  I have enabled that, but haven't had a chance to test it yet to see if that fixes the issue.

I leave for work in a few minutes, and will test them more when I get home.  I'm hopeful that the freezes were caused by these configuration errors, and the problem is resolved.  They appear to be working so far.

DragonVerity
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023, 08:22:33 PM »

The red-blue flash looks like a gesture effect, but those should only be triggered by special motions (details on gesture motions in the video here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34478.0). You should check the gesture sensitivity: connect to Launcher, start the Font Wizard, select the active font and go the the gestures page. Each of the 5 gestures has a sensitivity slider, if those values are too high then the board is over-sensitive to gestures and random motions might trigger them. Moving the sliders a little bit to the left should fix this.

The freezing and distorted tone sounds like there's a physical problem either with the wiring or with the board itself. You should run a diagnosis (connect to Launcher and press the "Diagnose" button, then run the diagnose with all the options selected). If there's a configuration error, it will appear here. If there's no configuration error but the saber still freezes, it's probably a physical error and you should contact customer support.

Marius.

Wow omg tysm I have had this same issue. I like that it picks up gestures but it happens randomly and I don't intend to do it. I will try to turn down the sensitivity!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: