Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3387 3388 [3389] 3390 3391 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4897763 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #50820 on: August 05, 2019, 05:54:56 PM »

Grr. Part of me hasn't missed watching this year. Had to cut cable, and haven't found a reliable way to stream F1.

How's our boy, Lewis, doing?
Third in qualifying but won the race with a brilliant second pit change to the tyres with 20 laps to go. Verstappen was in pole and lead for most of the race, but Lewis passed him with 4 laps to go as his tyres went dead. So going to the mid-way season break, Lewis is atop the leader board, 62 points clear of his team-mate Bottas. Bottas had a nightmare race. qualified in 2nd place and knew that according to the team bosses, either he or Ocos will partner Lewis next season. However, at the start of the race, Lewis passed him (turn 4 I think) and then his front wing got clipped by Leclerc in the Ferrari. That messed with the car's aerodynamics and he pitted very early, finishing 8th.

You can check out reports and discussions about the race here: https://www.skysports.com/f1
And Channel 4 will have the highlights up soon on here: https://www.channel4.com/programmes/catchup (although you may need to have a good quality VPN on your computer)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50821 on: August 05, 2019, 06:04:15 PM »

Third in qualifying but won the race with a brilliant second pit change to the tyres with 20 laps to go. Verstappen was in pole and lead for most of the race, but Lewis passed him with 4 laps to go as his tyres went dead. So going to the mid-way season break, Lewis is atop the leader board, 62 points clear of his team-mate Bottas. Bottas had a nightmare race. qualified in 2nd place and knew that according to the team bosses, either he or Ocon will partner Lewis next season. However, at the start of the race, Lewis passed him (turn 4 I think) and then his front wing got clipped by Leclerc in the Ferrari. That messed with the car's aerodynamics and he pitted very early, finishing 8th.

You can check out reports and discussions about the race here: https://www.skysports.com/f1
And Channel 4 will have the highlights up soon on here: https://www.channel4.com/programmes/catchup (although you may need to have a good quality VPN on your computer)
Will have to give those a look.

Bottas, although a capable driver, just lacks confidence and aggression in his racing. I'd like to see Ocon in a Merc. Only problem will be how he deals with Lewis' ego. I don't see either of them backing off positions.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50822 on: August 05, 2019, 06:28:28 PM »

Will have to give those a look.

Bottas, although a capable driver, just lacks confidence and aggression in his racing. I'd like to see Ocon in a Merc. Only problem will be how he deals with Lewis' ego. I don't see either of them backing off positions.
As the pundits have constantly said about Bottas, he's not great at wheel to wheel driving. And that was evident again yesterday.

It's funny you think Lewis has an ego. He doesn't come across that way to me in the interviews I've seen with him.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #50823 on: August 05, 2019, 07:48:01 PM »

Kevlar is getting lighter all the time..and more expensive.  Explosive Arrowheads are pretty easy but as they tend to be tip heavy are only useful shooting downward

Just not strait down while you're standing at ground level.  Unless they say ACME on the side.

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50824 on: August 05, 2019, 08:05:00 PM »

Is there such a thing as "too much blood" on a prop Halloween knife?🤔

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50825 on: August 05, 2019, 08:40:37 PM »

It's funny you think Lewis has an ego. He doesn't come across that way to me in the interviews I've seen with him.
No, he doesn't. But ever since Nico bowed out, Lewis has changed...for the better. When it was announced that Danny was departing from Red Bull, I had big hopes that he would sign on with the Silver Arrows. Would have been nice to see how good he was with a superior power plant. But at the same time I didn't because I knew Lewis wasn't going to like actually having to fight for supremacy again within the team. He doesn't have that with Valtteri, so he's just very loose right now.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Duff Man
Knight Commander

« Reply #50826 on: August 06, 2019, 03:22:59 AM »

Because it can up in conversation a few days ago, I bought another kilt.  A utility this time........I blame you guys for fanning the flame and pushing me over the edge to get it.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #50827 on: August 06, 2019, 05:09:38 AM »

I'd say that no there isn't such a thing. If it trickles down the blade and falls to the floor in a pool of fresh blood it's even better but it might be a hassle to clean afterwards (and depending where you are, someone may be quite unhappy at that sight, not scared but angry  Wink )

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Duff Man
Knight Commander

« Reply #50828 on: August 06, 2019, 07:03:30 AM »

that would depend on whose it is?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50829 on: August 06, 2019, 08:44:20 AM »

Because it can up in conversation a few days ago, I bought another kilt.  A utility this time........I blame you guys for fanning the flame and pushing me over the edge to get it.
I accept no responsibility whatsoever for any utilikilt purchased. If it had been a normal kilt, then I would accept 3% of the blame.

I'd say that no there isn't such a thing. If it trickles down the blade and falls to the floor in a pool of fresh blood it's even better but it might be a hassle to clean afterwards (and depending where you are, someone may be quite unhappy at that sight, not scared but angry  Wink )
Should have been clearer. This is blood on the knife itself. It will be dry, so no drippage. And I'll be in a nightclub and only brandish it for photos. Or occasionally if i want to unnerve someone from afar (although I think the costume itself will do that).

that would depend on whose it is?
The innocent and the wicked.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50830 on: August 06, 2019, 10:19:59 AM »

Brand new stabby knife. Before & after I repainted it. With fresh blood. (and yes, it is a Halloween prop)

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #50831 on: August 06, 2019, 12:11:40 PM »

Should have been clearer. This is blood on the knife itself. It will be dry, so no drippage. And I'll be in a nightclub and only brandish it for photos. Or occasionally if i want to unnerve someone from afar (although I think the costume itself will do that).

OK then that changes things a little.

Brand new stabby knife. Before & after I repainted it. With fresh blood. (and yes, it is a Halloween prop)

Clearly much better after repainting. This is definitely perfect. The amount of blood is fine.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50832 on: August 06, 2019, 12:26:35 PM »

I'm gonna say, and there's nothing you can do to stop me....

Mad PROPS. Mwahahahahahahaha

At first I like "who the hell has blood on just the edge of a knife?" Then I saw the other pic. Excellent work, friend.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50833 on: August 06, 2019, 01:14:52 PM »

I'm gonna say, and there's nothing you can do to stop me....

Mad PROPS. Mwahahahahahahaha
HA! Point for that.

At first I like "who the hell has blood on just the edge of a knife?" Then I saw the other pic. Excellent work, friend.
Now you know why I had to repaint it. Plus, I wouldn't call the original red stuff "blood". Totally wrong colour. Halloween props/costumes never get the look of blood right. I'm also really happy with how the handle turned out too.

Anyway, the prop is done, the outfit us done, just waiting on the new mask to arrive.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #50834 on: August 06, 2019, 05:07:32 PM »

Hi Knox,

Great work on the costume but to quote the great Elena Gilbert ...
"That ain't a knife....this is a KNIFE!"

I designed a saber for Nina/Elena about two years ago but then found out she already had this.

Pages: 1 ... 3387 3388 [3389] 3390 3391 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: