Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber Brylark (CE) (LE)  (Read 3026 times)
CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« on: December 05, 2023, 06:14:33 PM »

Updated my spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QrI7It5WS_4svXAzBJIPxDNiK85gT5Q2/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=105993519565216584772&rtpof=true&sd=true

I like that they are incorporating new things like the wood grip.  I like the look of it; ornate with a hand made/non mass produced vibe.  Kind of like comparing something made in 2023 to something made in the Victorian era; "they don't make'm like that anymore" etc. 

It doesn't jump to the top of my list for next few buys; but I do hope to see more options for wood handles/ornate design in the future!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 01:29:25 AM »

I really like the new Negotiator and Enigma sabers too Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 02:24:28 AM »

Hm, not sure how I missed the announcement on these two.  I will add them to my spreadsheet next edit; thanks!

I agree, they are nice.  I do like when they have the AV switches and belt clips included. I wish they had more info posted re: size.  Also curious re: pommel on the negotiator.  Enigma specifically says it is MHS compatible, but negotiator does not.

These days, I tend towards hilts with MHS compatible emitters and pommels; I love to mix and match.  For that reason, I will likely wait on these hilts.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 02:29:06 AM »

I really like the new Negotiator and Enigma sabers too Tongue

Nice catch! Have a point for that. I didn't even know they'd added those. Of course, I got an email about the Brylark, so that's why I knew about it. It looks great, but I'm really drawn to the Enigma.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 03:21:40 AM »

Get you a green blade Enigma, kinda Batman Forever inspired. Get it, Dr. Enigma Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 04:43:57 AM »

Hi all,

Yeah I git the email too but didn't post any comment in case US was gonna make a BIG  announcement on the forum themselves.....but no word from them. Lips sealed

ANYHOO....I like the Brylark, it's very close to the wookie's saber (really liking the small embellishment parts).
And the Negotiator reminds me of Sifo Dyas' saber whilst the Enigma is kinda like Quinlan Vos's hilt.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 09:49:52 PM »

They. Did. A. Dooku. Hilt.  Shocked

CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2023, 03:23:40 AM »

Yeah, it is nice that they made one for Dooku.  He was, after all, regarded as one of the best duelists in the galaxy.  The Mantis series was close; but I do prefer the look on The Count.  As with most of the other new hilts, I'm sad that there is no MHS emitter.  It says the pommel Is removable, but it doesn't say MHS.  Would also like to know the size etc.

In general, I am skeptical that the curved grip helps dueling etc.  I would like to give one a test, but I can't justify it as an experiment at this price point.  Still, for cosplay and such, I think it looks intimidating and really cool.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2023, 10:01:35 PM »

Wow, you miss a lot when you're not on the forums much.
 After my pops passed away in June my priorities changed and I promised my wife that I was done with my saber collection.
Then US does the Yoda saber (which I have always wanted) and now I see they have the Enigma and the Brylark sabers, which I really like.  Keep up the good work US and May the force be with us all!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2023, 01:25:32 AM »

Sorry for your loss, Mav. 

Yeah, I'm onto my third or fourth "last saber" at this point.  This round was easier on me since none of the new ones have MHS emitters.  For me, they keep sucking me in with sales and bonuses.  I dropped 350 on this 75% off sound sale.  Dark Arbiter and $50 sound upgrade for free initiate and a Dark War Glave body for some of my extra MHS connections.  Now I'm finding I want a second "free initiate" with sound so I have a matched set...So what adds up to $300.. Someone save me from myself!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2023, 04:46:15 AM »

Why aren't the other new sabers being talked about though? Tongue They all do look really nice especially this one though =]

CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2023, 03:59:35 PM »

Why aren't the other new sabers being talked about though? Tongue They all do look really nice especially this one though =]

Sadly, there isn't much to talk about at this point.  There has not been a lot of publicity from US; most people don't have them since they are brand new/pre order; and there really are no details re: size, weight, etc. on the sales pages.  Aside from saying that they look cool or commenting on the price point, there just is not enough data etc.

Saber Surfer
Administrator
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2023, 04:46:37 PM »

There will not be any specifications provided until they are officially released. These are prototypes to show what we have in the works, they will not be completed until April 2024 or so. Sorry for any confusion. if you would like to email in they can get you the unofficial measurements you are wanting.

CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2023, 06:50:52 PM »

There will not be any specifications provided until they are officially released. These are prototypes to show what we have in the works, they will not be completed until April 2024 or so. Sorry for any confusion. if you would like to email in they can get you the unofficial measurements you are wanting.

I think the Brylark is pre order; but the other new ones are ready now and we are still short on specifications etc.

Enigma Series
Decieved Series
Negotiator Series
Count

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2023, 08:24:19 PM »

Am I the only one who watched the video when Emory posted it?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2TTWnpDwos" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2TTWnpDwos</a>

It seems like enough info for me. I just can't afford to order anything right now.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: