Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A saber challenge. (Pre-vizsla saber)  (Read 3298 times)
Megaradcooljedi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« on: December 19, 2013, 09:12:31 AM »

Sooooo has anyone had the idea to make a previsla kinda saber? Cuz if someone is willing to try, I have an idea as to how to go about it. Either a thin coat of spray paint then scratch out the little lines or something. Any of you pros wana have a go at this challenge? XD

FadeToGray
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Not actually sith, I just like red. and lightning.

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 11:19:18 AM »

I've seen a few pictures of this sort of thing floating around. IIRC, One guy did a custom blade that worked pretty well, but I wouldn't expect it to be easy or combat-capable.

Sabers:  DSI v3 - BR 
Bellicose -  
Consular - CG 
Guardian - Emerald Driver
DSIv3 with Sound - BR
Raven SS -
Initiate v3.1 - Arctic Blue

Megaradcooljedi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 01:09:38 PM »

As of now I'm just seeing if anyone can make it lol jut as a round saber blade not an edge blade like the actual sword lol and they could also go inside and mess with how the reflective paper works too

FadeToGray
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Not actually sith, I just like red. and lightning.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 01:50:08 PM »

in that case, you're just talking black lightsabers. there's a few threads floating around about these, but the general consensus is that it can't (easily/feasibly/realistically) be done.

in the meantime, take a look over here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=8539.0

Sabers:  DSI v3 - BR 
Bellicose -  
Consular - CG 
Guardian - Emerald Driver
DSIv3 with Sound - BR
Raven SS -
Initiate v3.1 - Arctic Blue

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 07:41:52 PM »

You are correct that this idea has been bounced around a lot. Lately, I have thought about a different angle of approach to this project.

Most people focus on creating the blade effect. I think there is a lot of other aspects of this type of saber that could be worked up much more easily.

The Hilt: Pre- Vizsla's saber had a very distinct hilt in that it has a square cross section and a cross-guard. If I were going to make a saber like this, that is what I would start with. I am sure it could be made out of aluminum square stock.

The Font: that saber had a very distinct sound to it. I have heard that there are fonts of that nature already floating around.

Between the custom hilt and the font, I think you would be most of the way to conveying the image you want. Throw an Adegen Silver LED in it and a shorter blade (maybe a 28") and I think most people would accept what you are trying to be. Your idea about applying paint and then scratching some off would be a very simple and effect way to give the blade the desired character.

Most people focus on the impossible mechanics of the blade as a starting point. I think if you had a custom hilt, the right font and a decent Mandalorian costume...the short comings of the blade are easily forgivable. Smiley

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 07:53:30 PM »

Another company actually makes one, but advertising here would be against the rules.

I can PM you the link if you're interested.

no

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: