Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Standard Issue Staff  (Read 2631 times)
Darth Perfidious
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -11

Dark Side

« on: July 05, 2011, 04:08:03 AM »

Hi everybody, I just got my new saber(s) today though they have been waiting in Minnesota for about 4 days since I live in Canada and had to pick them up. (cheaper shipping) I could not be happier about this staff and I am so grateful to Ultra Sabers for making such an outstanding product. The saber shipped in under a week and was only in processing for a day and a half at most. I ordered it with 2 36" extra long UltraEdge blades and they look great. I have them in Consular Green and Guardian Blue. The colour is brighter and fuller than my Force FX Vader saber which has 64 LEDs running up the blade. Ultra was even nice enough to throw in batteries (8 AAAs in total) even though I didn't check that option when ordering. I eagerly opened the box and pulled out the sabers and clicked the switches before removing the plastic and they came beaming to life. I was so excited. The hilts are beautiful, I love the darkness of the anodized Aluminum contrasting the Jedi colours of the blades. The machined grooves look awesome and they reflect the light of the blades. The coupler that came attached to the blue saber very securely is extremely sturdy but is a little sharp so you may want to be careful removing it from your saber's hilt the first few times because I gave myself a few cuts. Besides that, I am just happier than ever to have my new staff/duel wielding sabers which have great balance and maneuverability. The hilt comes in at a little over a foot at the top of the emitter and 26.5 cm at the lowest part of the angled emitter. The blade sits inside the saber about 1.5" - 2" so the 36" blade boils down to about 34ish inches. The staff comes in at exactly 90" or 7' 6" which is a long staff or 45.5" for the individual sabers for duel wielding which I find a little more manageable. All in all, the dark standard issue staff is a great saber and I recommend anyone to buy one.

There you have it. I hope you enjoyed my review, if you have any questions, please comment below.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 04:29:49 AM »

That is awesome, man.  I never imagined the Dark SI looking so good in light side colors, but those just blow it away.

And whoah... 7 feet 6 inches?  That's gotta be a tough one to control.  I can barely keep a handle on my "short" staff.

Sith Lord Marus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 05:43:35 AM »

Awesome review man! I have the same staff but in Fire Orange. I love the Green and Blue combo! Enjoy Cheesy

Shock LE Consular Green
Dark Shock LE Blazing Red (Obsidian Soundboard)
Dark Standard Battle Staff Fire Orange

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 12:36:32 PM »

I have the SI in SRD.  But man that DSI looks great!  Bet the colors blend nicely when you twirl it!  Many Happy Returns!

Lord Ignasia
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -13

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 03:25:57 PM »

Shes a pretty staff alright. I just got mine in The two different blues today. Looks like I should have opted for the blue green. Never thought those two colours would go so well together. Good review mate, glad you are enjoying your sabers. XD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: