Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: help with first costume  (Read 974 times)
paganpirate
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

Force Pirate

« on: September 24, 2012, 07:05:01 AM »

hello all,
After seeing the opening movie for the republic and noticing how bad@$$ the smuggler/space pirate looked i came up with a concept: The Force Pirate i have the pants and hat. I am looking at a duster coat like what old west gunslingers would wear but i am having a hard time with is should i go with a jedi tunic or more of a Solo look. One more question black or brown boots (pants are black, hat is a very dark green and the coat is black). Thanks, a humble pirate.

Force Pirate: A cross between Qui-Gon Jinn and Han Solo. Noble enough to help out the poor and helpless but just enough of an S.O.B. to clean out you wallet with a rigged pazaak deck on Corellia.
Adegan Silver Aeon v3 "WulfsBane"
Just the ramblings of a Pirate...

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:10:55 AM »

My opinion and consider that I am not allowed to do Cosplay as a bargain I struck with my wife to buy as many sabers as a I want over my lifetime:

The old west gunslingers in real life would business style clothes that had hidden pockets.  The designs in the movies were not accurate to real life in the old west.  Saying that and to keep in line with Star Wars, I think the Solo look would be best.  Lando was always calling Han "You old pirate" so I think it would be fitting.  On the boots to prevent the black vs brown war I have seen happen with friends, go with black boots.  You haven't named anything brown on you thus far so I think brown might clash.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

petitechatton
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 12:03:01 AM »

I would also say to go with black boots. Even if you do end up with brown in your outfit the black should work. Just don't go for a shiny black. A duller black would match the old west theme and work with any browns. At least that has been my experience while doing steampunk outfits.

Thonolan
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 02:56:08 AM »

I would agree with Black. I found a pair of black workboots at Walmart (not steel toed) for about 30 bucks. they were fairly comfy and I am going to use them for all around wear afterward.

paganpirate
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

Force Pirate

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 06:42:08 AM »

thanks i am going to go with the black boots. I am going with the solo look (mainly due to cost).

Force Pirate: A cross between Qui-Gon Jinn and Han Solo. Noble enough to help out the poor and helpless but just enough of an S.O.B. to clean out you wallet with a rigged pazaak deck on Corellia.
Adegan Silver Aeon v3 "WulfsBane"
Just the ramblings of a Pirate...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: