Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496731 times)
scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #2565 on: March 15, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »

Nickel switches are already available from...those " other guy's " but I'd prefer to use US parts and not deal with other companies. A pommel or emitter? Sure those are just mhs parts but when it comes to the electronics, I'll just as soon leave it to the professional crew over at US.

I dabble in car audio and other electronics stuff so I was referring to "other" other sources but still.
+1 on your suggestion.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

sandman
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -52

Dark Side points please

« Reply #2566 on: March 15, 2014, 09:46:24 AM »

Nickel switches are already available from...those " other guy's " but I'd prefer to use US parts and not deal with other companies. A pommel or emitter? Sure those are just mhs parts but when it comes to the electronics, I'll just as soon leave it to the professional crew over at US.

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this but I keep seeing similar posts and wanted to chime in. I also feel the same about the "other guys", that is, I will buy my sabers from US, but I might purchase (already have actually) extra parts that US doesn't manufacture from them. Things like adapters (like double-female) or different options for extensions that cannot be purchased here would be the prime examples. My custom Dark Shock requied a vented coupler between my War Glaive emitter and the hilt, should I have postponed it until US made an adapter for it? I don't think so Smiley It should be OK to buy necessary parts without being disloyal to US.

I don't believe Emory or anyone at US would be against this (again, assuming US does not supply such parts).

Inventory:
- Dark Shock (Emerald)
- Consular (Emerald)

Wishlist:
- Catalyst
- Manticore

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #2567 on: March 15, 2014, 02:43:31 PM »

There are some mixed thoughts on this but I think it all comes down to this... don't advertise for the other guys, no names, no links etc. But showing parts from other vendors so far seems OK, but don't go overboard. After all Ultra made them MHS compatible for a reason!

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

sandman
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -52

Dark Side points please

« Reply #2568 on: March 15, 2014, 05:39:09 PM »

There are some mixed thoughts on this but I think it all comes down to this... don't advertise for the other guys, no names, no links etc. But showing parts from other vendors so far seems OK, but don't go overboard. After all Ultra made them MHS compatible for a reason!

No I agree with everything you said, I just think as long as a member adheres to those guidelines and requires a piece that US does not produce, that should be OK.

Like you said, the pieces are made MHS compatible for a reason.

Inventory:
- Dark Shock (Emerald)
- Consular (Emerald)

Wishlist:
- Catalyst
- Manticore

Vixus PriX
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -73

The only sober Hawk Bat

« Reply #2569 on: March 16, 2014, 06:21:01 AM »

I think a general maintainence kit would be handy. I've only had my DI for a couple months, but it has allready become broken-in. it's got plenty of finger prints, tiny scratches, and other small details that are noticed only by somebody who regularily inspects it.

it'd be cool just to have something I can use to keep my baby in mint condition.

arsenal:
Dark Initiate (V3) Twin Pair
Wishlist: (all V3)
Dominix LE (silver) W. Sound, saber pike parts, Flamberge V2.

scraver
Knight Commander

« Reply #2570 on: March 16, 2014, 09:05:45 AM »

I think a general maintainence kit would be handy. I've only had my DI for a couple months, but it has allready become broken-in. it's got plenty of finger prints, tiny scratches, and other small details that are noticed only by somebody who regularily inspects it.

it'd be cool just to have something I can use to keep my baby in mint condition.

Interesting idea, though I find the best thing for wiping prints off of mine is one of the 4 micro fibre cloths I have for cleaning my car.

Wish list:

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2571 on: March 16, 2014, 01:21:22 PM »

Mini LED keychain sabers would be great for advertising (though not quite as good as people seeing the real thing). Offered in some of the more iconic Ultrasabers designs, choice of LED color. I have something similar as a promotional item from Jedi Academy (I think?) with a plain tube hilt with a logo sticker on it and the blade strobes rainbow colors. US can do way better than that.

Some vinyl cut stickers for cars (and anything else people can imagine). They tend to hold up to the elements and look better than ye olde rectangular bumper stickers.
My suggestion would be [===]-----Ultrasabers.com---- with a choice of hilt and blade color.

Or those dumb Family stickers, but in different lightsabers?

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2572 on: March 16, 2014, 02:11:16 PM »

I would like to see a more user friendly obsidian launcher. I'm not a great computer guy and I have found using it is a little frustrating :/

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

scraver
Knight Commander

« Reply #2573 on: March 16, 2014, 02:24:32 PM »

I would like to see a more user friendly obsidian launcher. I'm not a great computer guy and I have found using it is a little frustrating :/

Is there a specific problem you're having Aurick?

Wish list:

Aurick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2574 on: March 16, 2014, 02:53:16 PM »

Meh just that I am comp illiterate haha. I am going to do more research on it all, I'm looking for a thread that gives procedure for obsidian. If you know it I would greatly appreciate it! I've learned a lot in the short few hours of having it, unfortunately I can't just sit and figure it all out now as the wife would say "stop playing with your toys!" Lol

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

scraver
Knight Commander

« Reply #2575 on: March 16, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »

Meh just that I am comp illiterate haha. I am going to do more research on it all, I'm looking for a thread that gives procedure for obsidian. If you know it I would greatly appreciate it! I've learned a lot in the short few hours of having it, unfortunately I can't just sit and figure it all out now as the wife would say "stop playing with your toys!" Lol

I haven't gone looking for a thread like you are seeking so I can't say. I could give you some pointers, but then so could members like eerockk.
I understand on the wife saying that - though I don't have that issue myself.

Wish list:

Aurick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2576 on: March 16, 2014, 06:46:00 PM »

Yeah eerockk filled me in on proper start and download procedures, thank you very much scraver! Point to you for the follow up. Oh and the wife just needs to warm up to the sabering thing, I've been obsessed since finding the site a year ago (I'm on everyday Smiley).

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Vixus PriX
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -73

The only sober Hawk Bat

« Reply #2577 on: March 16, 2014, 07:04:20 PM »

Interesting idea, though I find the best thing for wiping prints off of mine is one of the 4 micro fibre cloths I have for cleaning my car.
what do they look like? had how do you clean a cri with them? just a polish?
Mini LED keychain sabers would be great for advertising (though not quite as good as people seeing the real thing). Offered in some of the more iconic Ultrasabers designs, choice of LED color. I have something similar as a promotional item from Jedi Academy (I think?) with a plain tube hilt with a logo sticker on it and the blade strobes rainbow colors. US can do way better than that.

Some vinyl cut stickers for cars (and anything else people can imagine). They tend to hold up to the elements and look better than ye olde rectangular bumper stickers.
My suggestion would be [===]-----Ultrasabers.com---- with a choice of hilt and blade color.

Or those dumb Family stickers, but in different lightsabers?

I think a Patch would be a great idea. people like me collect patches, I for one would put it onto my trophy shirt. (I have a shirt with almost 2 dozen patches crouding the front.)

arsenal:
Dark Initiate (V3) Twin Pair
Wishlist: (all V3)
Dominix LE (silver) W. Sound, saber pike parts, Flamberge V2.

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2578 on: March 17, 2014, 10:04:22 AM »

A patch would be pretty cool, too. The US logo is already round. Seems to be asking for it.

It's a bit beyond the scope of what US currently provides but with their machining equipment and whatnot why not offer belt buckles and hardware for Jedi belts? Both "inspired by" and original designs, possibly the leather belts themselves.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #2579 on: March 17, 2014, 01:52:17 PM »

A patch would be pretty cool, too. The US logo is already round. Seems to be asking for it.

It's a bit beyond the scope of what US currently provides but with their machining equipment and whatnot why not offer belt buckles and hardware for Jedi belts? Both "inspired by" and original designs, possibly the leather belts themselves.

Hmmm Buckles, Badges, and Patches oh my!

Interesting.

This is not the realm of what the folks at US are doing day to day, but I am guessing they would be on board with a sub contractor providing such to them for retail sale on the US site.

I will look into this further.

Cheesy

Light side points please Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: