Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496699 times)
julmax
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 75

A Sith... Hear? Bad Sishy, Bad Sithy! ...WOOSH!

« Reply #3165 on: August 03, 2014, 12:23:13 AM »

Hey everyone, a proposal for your consideration...

Here's the setup...  When I was finally ready to place the order for my very first sabers, I had absolutely no doubt which ones they would be.  Two Dark Initiate V3's, which I intend to use as my primary practice sabers for spinning.  (Single handed, dual wielding, saber staff...  and I doubt I need to explain why the Initiate platform is ideal for this.)

However, I did have one quandary when placing my order.  I wasn't able to spec them out with everything.  Due to the obvious size and space restrictions, Initiates are not offered with both obsidian sound and emerald drivers.  It's one or the other kids, because both won't fit.  I ended up ordering the emerald drivers and later I may... um...well. Roll Eyes

Any-who...  What I'm thinking is a new pocket-rocket saber in the same vein as the Initiate, (size, weight ergonomics, and simplicity of design), but capable of being ordered with all options.  Or essentially, an Initiate with only the forward choke point, allowing the space needed in the hilt for the electronics.  As for the potential embellishments, I'm not sure...  Maybe a sample emitter window pattern?  Vertical grooves on the hilt?  And how about the name?  Which at the moment I'm thinking something along the lines of the Dualist...

But what do you guys think, will this idea fly?  Or am I being more of a nit-wit then I pretend to be?

Hey!  What do you mean I'm not pretending?  I am...  I mean I was...  um...  Oh never mind...  mumble, mumble...  stupid sithy...  mumble, mumble...  big meanies... Cry

dannel
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #3166 on: August 03, 2014, 12:49:32 AM »

Im not sure if this has been suggested before, but a system that allows you to change the colour of your blade on the fly, but less visually displeasing than the RGB system. You could use micro potentiometers, like these:

and recess them into "windows" in the saber. You could use a tool to adjust each LED in the saber on the fly. So you could adjust one of them and the red LED would increase/decrease current supplied to it. With 3 or 4 of these, with either RGB, RGBW, or RGBA; you could make just as many colours as the emerald driver, without the need of plugging it in to a computer. The only downside is that you cant set a pulse mode like you can using the emerald.

Light side points please.

Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #3167 on: August 03, 2014, 08:46:46 PM »

Forgive my laziness, as I did not peruse very far back to see if this had already been suggested, but I would like to see wider availability of MHS compatible emitters, and necks, and more easily interchangeable claws.

I have an Archon that would look outstanding with an Dark Arbiter neck piece, and I have a Raven which would look darn good with Mantis claws.

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

k0brakai
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Que la force soit avec vous

« Reply #3168 on: August 03, 2014, 09:41:42 PM »

I would love to have a Monarch V2 with Emerald AND sound compatible.

My sabers :
- Archon 2.1, sound + Emerald 4CH
- Azure Reaper, sound + Emerald 2CH
- Manticore, sound + Violet Amethyst.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3169 on: August 03, 2014, 11:12:46 PM »

Yeah a Monarch V2 without those ring grips. Also how about some Ultra Sabers stands, like to where you could add however many holders you want, say you want a stand with 3 holders for 3 of your top favorite sabers you have or something. Would be cool. But a V2 Monarch would be nice, then I'd probably get one. I could see a lot of Palpatine mods then without the ring grips.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force.

« Reply #3170 on: August 04, 2014, 12:31:06 AM »

What about pre-made tonfa-style sabers? Maybe with a nice shroud that guards the arm. The Initiate blades should do great for it.

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force. There is the force. It is what its wielder decides. How a man uses a weapon does not change its nature.

[Also known as Darth Bael.]

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB
Dark Standard Issue with vertical grooves in Bane's Heart [My mate's]

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #3171 on: August 04, 2014, 12:59:00 AM »

Build your own saber... sort of. Drop downs would let you select a blade holder, main body, and pommel from existing products. You could also add extensions and whatnot. Then you choose your electronics package, they build the saber, and you get what you want without having to buy a saber and extra parts.

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #3172 on: August 04, 2014, 01:00:27 AM »

Build your own saber... sort of. Drop downs would let you select a blade holder, main body, and pommel from existing products. You could also add extensions and whatnot. Then you choose your electronics package, they build the saber, and you get what you want without having to buy a saber and extra parts.

I really like this idea. It would save us from getting parts we don't necessarily need in some cases.

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #3173 on: August 04, 2014, 01:16:55 AM »

dannel's mini potentiometers are a pretty neat idea. Maybe dressing them up to be a couple of tiny knobs so no tool is necessary? Or hide them in a vent-like opening or something. I really like that it has near-Emerald functionality without a computer.

Abraxus - I'm not entirely sure how much modding it would take but you could probably order some Mantis claws and put them on your Raven. You might have to skip the extra screw hole or something but I bet you could get it to work. If all else fails, JB Weld Wink

I'd still like to see a couple of emitters and pommels that are exclusive to US but not sold on a saber, just as addons. And integration of all existing sabers to MHS compatibility.

Jammo's BYOS idea is pretty nice. Might require more work on US's end but would make getting exactly what you want without things (and expense) that you don't a little easier.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #3174 on: August 04, 2014, 01:56:57 AM »

^This! A fantastic idea!

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

For knowledge & defense only, never for attack

« Reply #3175 on: August 04, 2014, 04:16:58 AM »

Let me add one more vote for the BYOS.  It's a great idea!!

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force.

« Reply #3176 on: August 04, 2014, 04:19:14 PM »

Vote for BYOS and a proposal for permanent double-bladed sabers. No sound, no emerald, one switch.

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force. There is the force. It is what its wielder decides. How a man uses a weapon does not change its nature.

[Also known as Darth Bael.]

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB
Dark Standard Issue with vertical grooves in Bane's Heart [My mate's]

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #3177 on: August 04, 2014, 04:50:36 PM »

Vote for BYOS and a proposal for permanent double-bladed sabers. No sound, no emerald, one switch.

How are you going to change the batteries?

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #3178 on: August 04, 2014, 05:39:08 PM »

How are you going to change the batteries?

I'm assuming he means they'll still come apart but share a switch. Have the battery/ies inside there. Could probably disconnect one and put a pommel on the one with the switch and have a shoto...
I like the idea of a dedicated staff that doesn't look like two sabers mashed together. They're not bad and a shroud if done right can help conceal that, but it's not an off-the-shelf solution.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3179 on: August 04, 2014, 06:24:19 PM »

Love the pre-made build your own saber idea. =] And a single staff type saber would be awesome too. For my own saber though I'd have to get the Manticore high pommel, Dark War Glaive body, and Consular emitter then in Blazing Red.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: