Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496688 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5490 on: November 01, 2017, 04:44:55 PM »

Diamond knurling option for the Graflex for if we want a full on Anakin ROTS look for it would be cool Tongue Like have it as a new design option or stick with the smoothed version, would be called Knurled or smooth

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -47

Unaffiliated. DS points preferred

« Reply #5491 on: November 02, 2017, 02:58:09 AM »

The Monarch is only 11" long, one of the smaller hilts they offer, outside of the Initiate and Apprentice sabers... when compared to a Reaper or Mantis, though, it's tiny. But I do agree, more 1-handed sabers would be nice

The Monarch is ridiculously heavy though despite its length, which really cuts down on the feasibility of wielding it one-handed unfortunately. I was in the same boat as OP, except I actually bought it and figured out how heavy it is afterwards lol. I still like mine, but it's more of a decorative hilt than a dueling one most of the time. It'd be cool to see a V2 version that's a little slimmer though, because it does look like the perfect shape for a one-handed grip

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Owned: 
Dark Initiate v3 | Dominix LE v4
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch
Bane | Phantasm Initiate v3

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5492 on: November 02, 2017, 03:11:23 AM »

The Monarch is ridiculously heavy though despite its length, which really cuts down on the feasibility of wielding it one-handed unfortunately. I was in the same boat as OP, except I actually bought it and figured out how heavy it is afterwards lol. I still like mine, but it's more of a decorative hilt than a dueling one most of the time. It'd be cool to see a V2 version that's a little slimmer though, because it does look like the perfect shape for a one-handed grip

Total opposite for me. I find it to be a great weight for a one-handed hilt.

Also someone mentioned the Reaper and Mantis which I also use as one-handed hilts.

I think the Malice and the Omen are the only two sabers I own that I always use with two hands.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5493 on: November 02, 2017, 07:23:24 AM »

I totally agree on the shorter hilts. I'd love to see a Sidious inspired hilt, that could easily be as small as an Apprentice or Initiate.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Finale Saint
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 15

Time and fate.

« Reply #5494 on: November 02, 2017, 12:17:34 PM »

You're talking about a shoto?
Yes, precisely.

"I am the Balance"

Sentinel LE V4-Blazing Red
Dark Sentinel LE V4-Consular Green
Apprentice LE V4-Dark Violet Amethyst (Spear/Pike)
Shock LE- Guardian Blue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5495 on: November 02, 2017, 01:38:38 PM »

Yes, precisely.
Talk to Isola. He's the only one I've seen successfully make a shoto length saber out of US components.

The main issue is that US uses a very simple and standard setup for their internals. Although this limits what they are capable of producing, it also keeps costs down, which in turn, keeps expense down for us. (good times) The other thing to keep in mind is that US first and foremost makes combat sabers. And although they can double as wall/belt candy, they also need to be able to uphold the reputation of durability. However, IMO, if sound is not important to you, I can recommend an Ini V2 as a good candidate for use as a shoto. It's light, short, and narrow. I have an 18 on mine and love it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #5496 on: November 02, 2017, 11:21:08 PM »

I agree with Logos on this. ^^^^^^

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

Rekr Grim
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #5497 on: November 03, 2017, 12:50:02 PM »

I would love to see a saber that has adjustable color rather than binary.  In other words have dials that dim each LED instead of an on/off button, that way you could have all sort of shades of colors! =D

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5498 on: November 03, 2017, 01:39:25 PM »

I would love to see a saber that has adjustable color rather than binary.  In other words have dials that dim each LED instead of an on/off button, that way you could have all sort of shades of colors! =D
No dials, but Emerald and Diamond have that very ability.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #5499 on: November 03, 2017, 04:22:38 PM »

I wish every MHS compatible component was available in the US online store, to include every saber body, every pomel, every emitter, every chip...everything.

Finale Saint
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 15

Time and fate.

« Reply #5500 on: November 03, 2017, 04:29:58 PM »

Talk to Isola. He's the only one I've seen successfully make a shoto length saber out of US components.

The main issue is that US uses a very simple and standard setup for their internals. Although this limits what they are capable of producing, it also keeps costs down, which in turn, keeps expense down for us. (good times) The other thing to keep in mind is that US first and foremost makes combat sabers. And although they can double as wall/belt candy, they also need to be able to uphold the reputation of durability. However, IMO, if sound is not important to you, I can recommend an Ini V2 as a good candidate for use as a shoto. It's light, short, and narrow. I have an 18 on mine and love it.
I'll have to do that, thank you for the great insight!

"I am the Balance"

Sentinel LE V4-Blazing Red
Dark Sentinel LE V4-Consular Green
Apprentice LE V4-Dark Violet Amethyst (Spear/Pike)
Shock LE- Guardian Blue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5501 on: November 03, 2017, 04:36:56 PM »

I'll have to do that, thank you for the great insight!
No problem

I wish every MHS compatible component was available in the US online store, to include every saber body, every pomel, every emitter, every chip...everything.
Email what you're shopping for, and they'll quote you how much to purchase in Requisition Charges. It's a little slower, but effective.

Sig by For Tyeth

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #5502 on: November 03, 2017, 05:06:00 PM »

Email what you're shopping for, and they'll quote you how much to purchase in Requisition Charges. It's a little slower, but effective.

I wish that the information that you can purchase any MHS compatible component and the requisition process was clearly displayed on the "build your own" section of the website Wink

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5503 on: November 03, 2017, 05:14:13 PM »

I wish that the information that you can purchase any MHS compatible component and the requisition process was clearly displayed on the "build your own" section of the website Wink

That would be convenient.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5504 on: November 03, 2017, 06:50:27 PM »

They probably don't so that only the most determined will go through the process. It also helps eliminate purchases that lead to disappointment. Like how all claws are not interchangeable with any clawed emitter. Which then reduces the number of negative comments from the uninformed that US sold them a bad bill of goods.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: