Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian board question  (Read 2269 times)
mOsk21
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 27, 2012, 08:11:45 AM »

Hi guys. I'm designing the hilt of my saber at the moment and I'm wondering how big is the board? I mean, what are the dimensions?
Oh and BTW, when is it going to be available for sale?

Cheers.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »

I can't tell you the size or I'd have to kill you...seriously though I'm not sure. As to availability, the only timelines we have are "soon" and "when they have enough to sell". People keep buying obsidian sabers and US can't hold on to the soundboard long enough to sell it individually.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

daryllwin
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 08:01:19 AM »

I believe the board is back on sale now?

Xanedan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 49

Photography Geek

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:08:28 AM »

That big.

And yes they are.

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/z-sound-obsidianusb2.0.htm

Initiate V2 - SY, Dark Initiate V2 - DVA
Initiate V3 - SY, Dark Initiate V3 - DVA
SS Raven, Dark War Consular, Dark Prophecy V3

Rocky Malbona
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 11:45:59 PM »

Hi Folks! First post here from a new(er) customer. I recently got a Standard issue battle Saber and immediately there after got a Consular, both with the obsidian soundboard. I gotta say I love the obsidian! It gives you much more control over the way your saber sounds compared to the others on the market. The only gripe I have about it, and it is a small one, is that there is no blade flicker let alone adjustable blade flicker. This is featured in some other sound boards on the market and I think this feature would really pole-vault the Obsidian to another level. Were it added as a feature, there would only be two types of sound boards available; The Obsidian....and all the others.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 11:55:28 PM »

What do you mean by blade flicker?

If you mean that the blade flickers when it clashes with something, then there is indeed an option for that.  As well as when the saber is in lockup mode.

If you mean that the blade dims and brightens itself when it's idle, then no, there is not.  It'd be kinda cool, but I believe that Ultra prefers his sabers to stay nice and bright.

Rocky Malbona
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 12:49:41 AM »

Yep! By blade flicker i mean and adjustable flicker while the blade is in the "idle hum" phase. Maybe I'm feeling a little old school and i'm sure they did it so you wouldn't notice that the blade was a cartoon, but in ep. IV through VI the blade did flicker. Of course taking nothing away from the lock up and flash on clash! those features are awsome!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: