Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What If...  (Read 2781 times)
Kuroth Metro
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 34

I Fight For Justice, And Serve The Jedi Order

« on: November 02, 2012, 01:41:14 AM »

What if Obi-Wan died on Naboo instead of Qui-Gon, What if Qui-Gon survived to train Anikin. Would Anikin still feel jealous of his master and search desperatley try t find a way to outrank him? Overall would he still join the chancellor and turn to the dark side?

This is a theory I have been sitting on for a few months now, I thought it's time to see what you guys think. So please leave a comment and tell me how you think things would have gone if Obi-Wan died instead.

Guardian Xentai Kaarz
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 20

Knights of the Lost Republic

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 02:08:32 AM »

Well, since Anakin was the Chosen One, everything that happened that affected Anakin was MEANT to happen... And the story is what the story is and there can't really be any 'what ifs' about it, since none of it really happened.  But, I do understand your theory, and have also pondered this.

GB Aeon v3 LE
BH Obsidian Bellicose
LIGHTSIDE POINTS!!

Kuroth Metro
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 02:26:17 AM »

Smiley

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 02:41:13 AM »

That's funny, I was just going to make this thread. Great minds think alike. Cool

I think, if Anakin had Qui-Gon for a Master, he probably wouldn't have fallen to the dark side. Qui-Gon would have had much more mentoring experience than Obi-Wan and also would have been much less strict and more caring. It's really a shame Qui-Gon had to die.

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 02:57:19 AM »

Well in the sake of theory, I have an answer of sorts.

Personally, I feel that Anakin WOULDN'T have fallen. Though yes, through the prophecy he was the Chosen One, and one could argue that it was fate that it happened that way, I think if the deaths had been reversed that Anakin would have grown up differently.

Obi-wan was like TCW Anakin when he was young (you have to read the Jedi Apprentice series), and also was angry and slightly wild, near perfect mirror of Anakin though with less "raw" force strength. Qui-gon in his free thinking and looser adherence to the code (not total ignorance but it was one of the reasons he wasn't allowed to sit on the council) was able to temper that, which lead Obi-wan to become a more calm, reserved Jedi in the end. Anakin grew up with resentment with the loss of his original Jedi master, and trained with a more stricter reign upon him. Though he did foster a trusting and brother-like bond with Obi-wan, the circumstances around his training of being both older as well as "stronger" (due to being the Chosen One) separated him from others in training. Throw in the loss of his mother as well as the violent 2.5-3years Clone War, constantly in battle...he didn't have a chance to be tempered.

Also given that Jedi Master Dooku left the Council right after TPM, I feel like even that would have been changed with Qui-gon being left alive. And if Dooku remained a Jedi (or at least didn't join the Separatists and thusly the Sith) the war wouldn't have happened the way it did. Anakin not being put into multiple battles with less temptations to fall to the Darkside. With Qui-gon being able to "nurture" the good-natured side of Anakin making him a true Paragon of the Jedi.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

Kuroth Metro
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 04:06:52 AM »

Alright real quick, Anikin would have asked Qui-Gon to go see his mother when he was having visions. -I feel Anikin trusted Qui-Gon- He would have mentioned the visions and gone on a rescue mission, saved his mother. Him being happy and not having visions about Padme All up causing him to stay loyal to the Jedi.

I Think...

If you can tell me why I am wrong here please do Smiley

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 05:29:07 AM »

If Qui-Gon had lived the whole world of star wars would have changed, Dooku would have stayed with the order, and Qui-Gon, Dooku and Anakin could have become a true nexus for change and reform in the republic. The Three of them would probally rise to power and you would get an Oligarchy instead of an Empire but evil would follow them, evil always seems to follow power.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: