Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: TK debate  (Read 9368 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 03:06:12 AM »

Thanks Luna, now would be a good time to go back to the original intent for the topic...

At the very least it makes sense for such power to be wielded by Luke Skywalker and his son, but Oneness isn't exactly something we can use as an example - as was mentioned, it wasn't a common thing.  We have to assume that the average Joe Jedi who uses TK has a normal level of Force sensitivity... not everyone can be a Kyp Durron or Anakin Skywalker, after all Wink

I still maintain that TK has the potential to do just about anything, but as Relmeob said it would be something that would need to be trained.  Not every application is practical, and many are not easy for someone without special training.  How many folks do you see using the Force for flight?  Not too many, even including powerhouses like Luke or Anakin.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 03:48:19 AM »

I would argue that the NJO was perhaps the most tested, which pushed its members to a level that I don't see happening as often in other eras.  Although The Old Republic MMO era might be similar, given the strife of galactic war acting as a crucible...

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 04:21:02 AM »

I think we are all pretty much on the same page with TK...to a common ground anyway...the average force user can use the TK and can do several things and use several techniques, being better at some than other.

How about the art consideration again?

You have artistic talent and an eye for color, form, and design.

So you want to paint...you are shown watercolor, acrylic, gouache, and finally oils.

I am asking a straight up question, do you think that most artists can use all of these aspects of painting equally?

Brush strokes are brushes strokes after all...hmm...ok well they aren't.

The techniques are so different...it in the grand scheme of things it is all painting...just as all those various TK aspects fall under TK.

Avatar the Last Airbender (the TV series and not that abomination of a movie)...Azula is a top tier fire bender as is her brother Zuko, and yet she can create lightning and he can not, just can not do it...but he can divert and redirect lighting and she can not.

So for our considerations of regular potential...not godlike oneness...just average run of the mill users, ok even strong users...IMO TK should be one part training, one part practice/experience, one part connection, and one part talent.

If making a character for example and you could slide the percentage points around (of 100 points let us say) (for example sake only)

TK ability

Connection...25%
Talent..........25%
Training.......25%
Experience...25%

So a balanced yet unremarkable TK user.

TK ability

Connection...50%
Talent..........50%
Training.......0%
Experience...0%

Raw and full of potential.

TK ability

Connection...10%
Talent..........80%
Training.......05%
Experience...05%

Limited like a single shot gun or a knife in a gun fight...but amazing in the right circumstance.

etc.

Another thought might be the classic, one I use in RPGs all the time, MBS

Mind
Body
Spirit

In regards to the force and TK in particular...the Mind is the creative and intelligent use...the Body is the strength and endurance...Spirit is the focus and control.

Want more power then give up focus and precision...want more precision then give something else up.

Etc.

Iconic characters, they gain NPC favor...instead of splitting 100pts they have 500pts or 1000pts...something that a PC will never have.

That said, a PC may find an item of power, focus, or precision...a magic item as it were...for example...but this is beyond the scope of the topic.

I think the TK pool should be split into design, form, and function...to not do so in some measure is just covering up the angry tiger with a blanket...he is still under there...

Light side points please Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: