Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: What should be the next hilt Ultra makes? GRAFLEX!  (Read 5026 times)
The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 02:06:14 PM »

Fact.  The thing about the graflex is, people want the real thing - a lot of people actually get vintage graflex tubes made into sabers in fact.  US would have to compromise to offer it at a reasonable price like their other sabers, so you'd get an awesome saber but I'm not 100% sure how it would sell.  Then again, I don't know the demographic of their sales... maybe it's not these hardcore collectors doing most of the buying.

Also, I would say the graflex is the "classic" lightsaber, and would be the most subject to copyright scrutiny.  Qui-Gon's saber and the Starkiller TFUII sabers can be overlooked, but the classic Luke would get some attention.  I'm sure Ultra isn't gonna risk his company on that sorta thing... you never know though, it could be possible!

especially since it was only ever shown in the trailers. lol
i do think copyright would be harder on a graflex esque lightsaber. but who knows. enough other companies have reproduction graflex's it might be possible.

not sure about the ease of gettng copyright'd hilts that weren't exactly canon thouhg. like vos or bane etc, sabers that have never actally been shown by lucas.

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 02:14:12 PM »

Fact.

Tenel Ka is right.  Oh wait sorry I mean Nero is right.  Besides one of the things Ultrasabers does is create SIMILAR hilts, not exact replicas.

ImperialSith
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 05:30:08 PM »

They could just remove the grips and then offer them as a side thing. I think Parksabers did the same thing once. It wouldn't be to much of a problem to glue the grips on yourself.

To comment on the Prophecy thing, i don't think the prophecy looks anything like the graflex. Its clearly an MPP/ANH Vader/AOTC Anakin copy, but i do like those aswell.

I can't tell you how much we laughed on the set to have Alec Guinness in a scene with a big, furry dog that's flying a space ship.
Mark Hamill

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »

It is true the Prophecy is more of an MPP style, granted that shares some general similarity with the graflex, but not a whole lot when you get down to it.

I think the important thing people should take into account though, is that IF Ultra and Co ever made a graflex influenced saber.... it would not be the exact replica that the 'high end' replica collectors want. Those guys, really, are only ever going to buy the vintage flashes, convert them, and have 'the real thing.' That's how those people are. I know, I'm like that with some things myself. lol Ultra specializes in COMBAT sabers. If he did a Graflex style hilt, it wouldn't be intended to be that kind of replica. It would be meant to get the feel and style that hilt had, but designed to take all the punishment of full contact dueling. Sure, it probably wouldn't have the pins, all the buttons, the working clamp, the D-Ring, or maybe even the ears..... but it would have that look and feel, and it would be a certified TANK! We'd be able to kill a truck with one! XD Personally, given the durability and cheaper price over the top notch converted vintage flashes....  I know I'd take the Ultrasaber any day.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 08:09:15 PM »

It is true the Prophecy is more of an MPP style, granted that shares some general similarity with the graflex, but not a whole lot when you get down to it.

I think the important thing people should take into account though, is that IF Ultra and Co ever made a graflex influenced saber.... it would not be the exact replica that the 'high end' replica collectors want. Those guys, really, are only ever going to buy the vintage flashes, convert them, and have 'the real thing.' That's how those people are. I know, I'm like that with some things myself. lol Ultra specializes in COMBAT sabers. If he did a Graflex style hilt, it wouldn't be intended to be that kind of replica. It would be meant to get the feel and style that hilt had, but designed to take all the punishment of full contact dueling. Sure, it probably wouldn't have the pins, all the buttons, the working clamp, the D-Ring, or maybe even the ears..... but it would have that look and feel, and it would be a certified TANK! We'd be able to kill a truck with one! XD Personally, given the durability and cheaper price over the top notch converted vintage flashes....  I know I'd take the Ultrasaber any day.

I'm Nero Attoru and I support this message.  Well put Manroon!

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 08:23:23 PM »

Thanks! Smiley

I am not a color...

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 12:20:24 AM »

This is EXACTLY what US is all about! I personally would love to duel with a near-indestructible Graflex-style saber! Oh gosh, I would waste so much time reenacting The Empire Strikes Back LOL.  Cheesy

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 01:16:29 AM »

As would I, as would I. Heck, to be honest.... I've already used the Archon I got as my Sis's X-Mas gift for doing RotJ and I just can't stop staring at it next to my MR Vader. It's SCARY how real they look together. Shocked

I am not a color...

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 01:28:52 AM »

As would I, as would I. Heck, to be honest.... I've already used the Archon I got as my Sis's X-Mas gift for doing RotJ and I just can't stop staring at it next to my MR Vader. It's SCARY how real they look together. Shocked

That only reinforces the awesomeness of Ultrasabers.  Smiley

What's even better though is that Ultrasabers are much more easy to wield!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 02:14:37 AM »

I'm not gonna lie, I've reenacted TPM with my consular. lol. And not gonna lie, I'd also LOVE a Graflex style Ultrasaber.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

ImperialSith
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 02:10:35 PM »

I think if they removed the bunny ears and the buttons, it wouldn't quite be a graflex anymore would it?   :S

I can't tell you how much we laughed on the set to have Alec Guinness in a scene with a big, furry dog that's flying a space ship.
Mark Hamill

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 02:19:46 PM »

I'm not gonna lie, I've reenacted TPM with my consular. lol. And not gonna lie, I'd also LOVE a Graflex style Ultrasaber.

I'm not gonna lie, reenacting TPM with a Consular sounds awesome... I'm so sad lol.  Maybe I'll go reenact ROTJ when I get home...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 04:44:50 PM »

I'm not gonna lie, reenacting TPM with a Consular sounds awesome... I'm so sad lol.  Maybe I'll go reenact ROTJ when I get home...

I'm not gonna lie, it IS awesome. Grin

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 06:10:05 PM »

Done that too. It IS awesome.  Grin It's funny, my buddy has the Consular.... and a stock MR Maul. LOL

I am not a color...

Eko Jorn
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

Shoot first.

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 06:14:16 PM »

Ultra should make me a legit weathered Bryar pistoli.  Accurate from Dark Forces.  With amazing sounds and the charge up feature.  I said it once.  Money's on the table!

Save the Force points for someone who can use them.  Send me some Credits.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: