Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Looking for a story teller  (Read 2231 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« on: August 04, 2015, 02:18:38 PM »

Hello all. Despite my love of SW, I have no want to play MMORGPs. However, I am very interested in know the story of Darth Malgus. Wookieepedia has only been able to say so much before repeating itself, and I've only seen the one book, Deceived, that makes a direct reference to him.

I'm looking for particulars: how he behaves among the Sith, what he's like with Eleena, personal grudges with people he'd like to see less alive. Things of this nature. I'm in the midst of writing a story set in the same time period, and would like to be able to use him as a character, not the main, and I want to be able to get the details right.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 03:32:34 PM »

Hello all. Despite my love of SW, I have no want to play MMORGPs. However, I am very interested in know the story of Darth Malgus. Wookieepedia has only been able to say so much before repeating itself, and I've only seen the one book, Deceived, that makes a direct reference to him.

I'm looking for particulars: how he behaves among the Sith, what he's like with Eleena, personal grudges with people he'd like to see less alive. Things of this nature. I'm in the midst of writing a story set in the same time period, and would like to be able to use him as a character, not the main, and I want to be able to get the details right.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

He is a Major character in Deceived, so it can answer your questions.  That is the most insight ever really given to the character

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 05:25:54 PM »

He is a Major character in Deceived, so it can answer your questions.  That is the most insight ever really given to the character

Wow that only took 6 months.

Thanks. Luckily I have Deceived waiting in the wings to be read. It's on deck after Revan.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 11:16:52 PM »

Wow that only took 6 months.

Thanks. Luckily I have Deceived waiting in the wings to be read. It's on deck after Revan.

lol, sorry.  Just happened to see it the other day

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 11:41:12 PM »

One other thing I'd mention is that there are people who have posted all of the cutscenes from the various TOR storylines on YouTube.  You have to pay attention to how the player managed the storyline though...in TOR, the choices you make affect the options open to the player and it is even possible to play your character as a dissident.  That means rogue or Dark Jedi, and even dissident Sith can be out there and the videos may not be clearly labeled as to which Force alignment the player is following.  (For instance, the videos I watched for the Sith Inquisitor turned out to be for a dissident.)

I don't know which storyline involves Malgus, only that it doesn't seem to have been the Sith Inquisitor.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Jacch Syndiq
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 05:24:55 PM »

One other thing I'd mention is that there are people who have posted all of the cutscenes from the various TOR storylines on YouTube.  You have to pay attention to how the player managed the storyline though...in TOR, the choices you make affect the options open to the player and it is even possible to play your character as a dissident.  That means rogue or Dark Jedi, and even dissident Sith can be out there and the videos may not be clearly labeled as to which Force alignment the player is following.  (For instance, the videos I watched for the Sith Inquisitor turned out to be for a dissident.)

I don't know which storyline involves Malgus, only that it doesn't seem to have been the Sith Inquisitor.

I've mostly done Imperial side, but most of Malgus's involvement in The Old Republic is through cameo appearances in FlashPoints, IE missions designed for multiple people to participate together in rather than in one Class Storyline. He has 2 flash points that he himself are the subject of, and before then he's sort of the 'Debriefer' for all the other Flashpoint missions that the Imperial side goes through. I don't want to go into Details for the sake of spoilers, but he proves himself a powerful, and relatively influential Sith, he's easily my favorite character in the MMO and I wish they did even more with him than they did.

I have found comfort in the the darkness of the cavern, and felt the warmth of the light outside it, but I shall not chain myself to any place I must be forced to indulge in one or the other. I am my own man, I make my own fate. I shall live as I see fit and none will deny me this right.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 09:07:57 PM »

I've mostly done Imperial side, but most of Malgus's involvement in The Old Republic is through cameo appearances in FlashPoints, IE missions designed for multiple people to participate together in rather than in one Class Storyline. He has 2 flash points that he himself are the subject of, and before then he's sort of the 'Debriefer' for all the other Flashpoint missions that the Imperial side goes through. I don't want to go into Details for the sake of spoilers, but he proves himself a powerful, and relatively influential Sith, he's easily my favorite character in the MMO and I wish they did even more with him than they did.

By all means, spoil away. It's the whole reason I started this thread, so I could get a better idea of the character beyond the facts given on Wookieepedia, but without having to play the game.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: