Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront  (Read 1775 times)
Paladin67
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« on: January 07, 2016, 03:18:11 AM »

Just got a new PS 4 for the holidays. Got Battlefront as a bundle deal with it. Personally I think it's okay. Glad I got it free with the bundle. Graphics and gameplay are good but it's definitely limited. Any thoughts?

Sentinel V4 in GB with Obsidian lite-

Samunseen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

Force-Sensitive with a specialty in the Dark Side

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 12:46:06 PM »

I was so disappointed with the gameplay. I was expecting a sequel to the originals. Instead we got a re-skinned battlefront with limited customisation.

The greatest part of the originals was the fact that you could enter the hanger and pick your aircraft and fly it out. The maps were massive and the teams were also massive.

I bought it and returned it within 24 hours.
We haven't had a decent Star Wars game since the Jedi Knight series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacch Syndiq
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 05:20:10 PM »

I want to love it. I want to love it so bad but earnestly I'm a little bit disappointed by it. Out of all the 'generic' online shooters, I really do like Battlefield when I've played it at friends places. I like the maps, the size, the sheer hugeness of it all and diversity and I thought 'they could do well with Battlefront'

But it doesn't FEEL like the original Battlefront, which, I wasn't entirely expecting anyways, but as long as it's a fun game, I wouldn't care. It does some things nicely, the game itself is beautiful and the Hero gameplay is still fun but the loss of classes from the originals makes the 'balancing' sort of nonexistent. Everyone is pretty much the same running around at the higher Ranks.

I don't really like the fact that vehicles like the AT-ST are 'power ups' and such. I was looking forward to more vehicle varieties, including some tanks or All Terrain Recon Transports too. As a whole, I don't really like the Power Up  system, I'd rather have maybe some weaker versions of these like the turrets or R5 droid used as other secondary items or gears you could equip.

Lastly, I'm not sure I like a lot of the level designs. Coming from the people who made Battlefield I was hoping for some more grandness, like the giant city-scapes you could run around in with elevators and fast paced vehicles. I'd love to do something like that but in a Star Wars setting.

At the end of the day it's still a Star Wars game and I love playing it, currently Rank 35 and can't wait to get the Shadow Trooper Outfit. Sorry if it seems like I was being super nit-picky with it but I was just hoping so much for an amazing game since it wasn't having a Single-Player Campaign. My brother being the amazing guy he is got me the Season Pass so I'm hoping that the DLC will be amazing.

I have found comfort in the the darkness of the cavern, and felt the warmth of the light outside it, but I shall not chain myself to any place I must be forced to indulge in one or the other. I am my own man, I make my own fate. I shall live as I see fit and none will deny me this right.

LordTargaryus
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -17

Dark Side Points

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 11:53:25 PM »

I like the new Battlefront in the same way that I like Halo 5. It's fresh, it's new, and it's what the kids like these days so I never have trouble finding a match. But it doesn't have what made me fall in love with the series. I fell in love with Halo after 2 and Halo: Reach and the subsequent Halo 4 kind of changed it all up. Now there's sprinting and jet boosting and all these crazy armor powers that weren't part of the game back in the early 2000s. I think Halo 5 offers a good multiplayer experience and I don't see a reason why someone shouldn't play it. It's just different.

I can say the same for Battlefront 2015. I don't really care that there's a lot of stuff that appeared in Battlefront 1 and 2 because I really only enjoyed the parts they kept. I don't see what difference space battles would have made because in the end it's just a silly skybox. I like how hero tokens work because my little brother in law has the same chance of getting to play as Luke as I do. I like that there are different maps for different game types. Do I wish that there were more than 3 or 4 planets? Yes. But that's because I like the game and I want more of it.

Battlefront absolutely feeds the fix I have for big Star Wars battles. I wish it had been a bit more like Battlefront in a Star Wars suit...but that's just me.

Now what I REALLY want is another big Bioware Star Wars game.

Side note: When Titanfall came out, people said it was going to change the way first person shooters work. You would be hard pressed to find a modern FPS that doesn't have a little bit of Titanfall in it. This Battlefront is no different.

Own:
Bellicose+TRI Blazing Red+Obsidian V4
Want:
Malice+TRI Blazing Red+Obsidian V4
Dark Shock LE+Emerald+Obsidian V4

Firwik Howlo
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 11:04:47 PM »

I loved it then got bored extremely fast. Hoping they start adding the new movies as new content. I would love to be Kylo.

Take a look round lively old London. Buzzing crowds we sweat and we revel. Red-cheeked shouts and songs In the flicker of the gaslight. Eager Blighty bursts from the cobblestones. Racing, climbing blooming fertility. Born from secret seeds that were scattered in the nighttime. London is fed upon the meat of the dead. They’re one shallow inch below the town. Them that whispered dreams that only poisoned us. Them that told us lies of their bravery. Them that preached of progress, and put us in the poorhouse. Them done horrid murder on bloody stages. Them that loudly crowed their humility.

LordTargaryus
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -17

Dark Side Points

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 03:31:23 PM »

I haven't played it it much in the past few weeks (since I hit level cap and got that shiny black Shadowtrooper armor). But I'll probably dive back in whenever they add more content to the game.

Own:
Bellicose+TRI Blazing Red+Obsidian V4
Want:
Malice+TRI Blazing Red+Obsidian V4
Dark Shock LE+Emerald+Obsidian V4

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: