Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Sedsti Skyfaller Designs  (Read 210342 times)
Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2015, 05:00:46 AM »

I like that new holocron design, all that detail looks like it would make for a lot of customization options if you painted it.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2015, 05:04:58 AM »

Hi Seds.  Would you please explain this Knurled switch cover more clearly for me.  It pops over the whole guarded switch.  Do you press down on the middle and does it have to be glued to the switch?  Sorry not good with things like this and I think you may have another version that just goes into the black ring that Ekosk showed in a video.  Thanks.  Smiley

Ekosk
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 41

First ever raffle, EMERALD PRIZE!!!

« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2015, 07:13:40 AM »

Hi Seds.  Would you please explain this Knurled switch cover more clearly for me.  It pops over the whole guarded switch.  Do you press down on the middle and does it have to be glued to the switch?  Sorry not good with things like this and I think you may have another version that just goes into the black ring that Ekosk showed in a video.  Thanks.  Smiley

Yes, the covers go over the guarded switches and are secured by a dab of glue where the cover contacts the switch plunger. The knurled one should do the same.

Sabers I own:
Solo's Hold Padawan RGrB with Petit Crouton 3.5 Prizm
One Replica's QGJ RGW with Crystal Shard 2.5

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2015, 11:23:14 AM »

@jedi Kai-gon: There are pictures on the product pages for the republic credits in their respective main finishes, but I'm afraid I do not have a pic of one in the normal stainless steel finish if that is what you are asking.
Thanks

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #244 on: February 10, 2015, 02:27:24 PM »

Hi Seds.  Would you please explain this Knurled switch cover more clearly for me.  It pops over the whole guarded switch.  Do you press down on the middle and does it have to be glued to the switch?  Sorry not good with things like this and I think you may have another version that just goes into the black ring that Ekosk showed in a video.  Thanks.  Smiley

Like Ekosk said, It works exactly like the original design, fitting inside the guarded ring so it can be depressed with the switch. It does have to be held on with glue because the socket can't be deep enough to stay on and also be able to be pushed in to activate the switch before hitting the inside curve.

This new switch cover is the same diameter, just taller and sits a little higher as to be able to see more of the top piece rather than sitting fully inside the guard as the original one does.

Here are the pics from the product page of the original:

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #245 on: February 10, 2015, 04:39:07 PM »

Thanks so much Ekosk and Sedsti.  Finally understand it and think it's a great idea.  Roll Eyes

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #246 on: February 10, 2015, 07:40:30 PM »

What type of glue would you recommend for the switch covers? I'm gonna get a red knurled one for when I get the Manticore saber and definitely a blade plug since I'm having a covertech wheel installed as well. Might even get a Sith Holocron for room decoration. Maybe something else Sithy for my belt. What blade plug would you recommend for the Manticore?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #247 on: February 10, 2015, 08:28:45 PM »

I used liquid nail.

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #248 on: February 10, 2015, 08:37:57 PM »

What type of glue would you recommend for the switch covers? I'm gonna get a red knurled one for when I get the Manticore saber and definitely a blade plug since I'm having a covertech wheel installed as well. Might even get a Sith Holocron for room decoration. Maybe something else Sithy for my belt. What blade plug would you recommend for the Manticore?

I recommend any strong holding glue. I use superglue for mine.

The blade plugs are really personal preference, but I have number 15 for my Manticore. There is a pic on its product page in my Manticore, and several pics in different colors on my saber review here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=21222.0

I know a parent shouldn't pick favorites, but it is one of my favorite designs of all my blade plug models. It is also one of the more popular ones with customers.

Khaalis
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2015, 11:14:40 AM »

Hey Sedsti. Great looking stuff!

I've gone through the thread but still have a few questions. I figured I'd ask here in case the answers can help everyone.

1) Do you still do custom orders of the Activation Boxes mentioned here: (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=20516.msg317991#msg317991)? They seem to get mentioned there but never again and they aren't on the site.  Did you simply stop making the boxes all together?  If you still make them (even as customs), would they fit around an AV switches or just the standard guarded switches?

2) Can you describe the difference between Frost Detail or Frost Ultra Detail? The site's material page doesn't really give much detail. Is it a matter of being more clear on the ultra?

3) If I want an plug that allows light emission but still the ability to see the actual plug design, which would you suggest?  Strong & Flexible Polished White or Black?
If I wanted to pain the detail and let the rest of the plug "glow" would you recommend Frost Detail or Frost Ultra Detail? Can the Frosted hold paint well (is it porrus) or does only the Polished material hold paint well?

EDIT:
4) Is there any possibility of custom ordering a Plug in the Polished Nickel Steel or Polished Gold Steel? Or is it just not an option due to the detail?

5) Can the plugs be custom ordered in lengths longer than the average 2"?

Thanks!

PS: A quick and dirty tip for anyone looking for a more "solid" appearance to the plugs for those saber emitters with windows. Simply get some standard white Parchment paper (or Wax Paper in a pinch), cut it to length, roll it, put it inside and let unroll to fit. If needed, a couple drops of super glue. Now you have frosted emitter windows. I found this the easiest way to "frost" the standard US clear plugs (no sanding, no painting, etc.) and it should work with the Sedsti Plugs as well.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:28:30 AM by Khaalis » Logged

My Sabers (All customized & Obsidian): Emerald Archon v2.1 (DVA),  Emerald Dark Menace (SY), Emerald Shock LE (BR)

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #250 on: February 14, 2015, 12:59:51 AM »

Hey Sedsti. Great looking stuff!

I've gone through the thread but still have a few questions. I figured I'd ask here in case the answers can help everyone.

Hi, Khaalis! Thank you for the compliment!

Questions are always welcome. I'll cover them in order.

1) The activation boxes have been removed from the shop. They proved too expensive and heavy compared to aluminum alternatives found elsewhere. They were not very popular either, so they were removed to make room for other models.

2) The Detaile plastic have a smoother surface and provide a higher level of definition than the other plastics. Frosted Ultra detail is the highest level of detail a material can offer from Shapeways. This material will produce the most accurate version of a model. It is the same material as the Frosted Deatil, but is printed at a higher resolution.

3) If you want any plug to illuminate fully, the White Strong and Flexible or Frosted plastics are the best choice. The white will block more of the light than the frosted, and they just give a different effect. You can look at the pics on the product pages of blade plugs 12 and 13 for a comparison, the former printed in frosted and the latter in white strong and flexible. All colored plastics will block the light unless there are holes are slits in the design, which is denoted on the respective product pages. Both the polished and the frosted plastics should hold paint fine.

4) I believe most of my designs will also work in steel, and if not I could rework one if you wish. I don't offer them in steel due to the added weight and cost involved, but it should be doable.

5) I can modify the lengths of any blade plug upon request, no problem.

For any custom orders, it is best to PM me and we can discuss the specifics. I hope these answers are sufficent, but let me know if you have any further questions.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2015, 12:28:49 AM »

Sedsti recently did a custom job for me making the Fake Noetikon of Secrets (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fake_Noetikon_of_Secrets)

It showed up today and I promised to post a picture of it when it arrived. I plan to paint this in the coming weeks (once I have some spare time) so expect more pictures in the future.

Here it is:

I'm beyond impressed with the 3D-printing process and Sedsti's designs, nothing but happy.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #252 on: March 24, 2015, 02:31:31 PM »

Sorry it's been a while since posting, but I have been working on a couple things I am very excited to share with you soon! Stay tuned for later in the week  Wink

SajinZero
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2015, 02:25:17 PM »

Just came across your site. I will definitely be placing orders in the near future. Been looking for a Holo-Comm for months!

Sabers I Own:
Consular - SRD
Crimson Scorpion - BR
Bellicose - AB
Dark Initiate v3 - GB
Dark Prophecy v3 - BR
Raffle Prize - Guardian Staff - SRD

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2015, 01:28:31 PM »

I'm glad you found something you were looking for, SajinZero! Feel free to let me know if you need anything or have any questions.

Ok, so I promised to deliver some of the new things I've been working on and here they are! I have a couple new products to show you so let's get into it:

Saber Crystal

The Saber Crystal adds that extra wow factor to a saber, especially ones with windowed sections to show it off. It is designed to fit inside any of the blade plug models available in the shop (see below), or can be used alone if you have something else to hold it in place (get creative!). The Saber Crystal is available in solid colors to match the color of your blade and in transparent materials to allow light to shine through when the saber is activated. The model above and below was printed in a Frosted Detail plastic that allows light through.

If you want to check out the Saber Crystal for yourself here is the link: http://shpws.me/GTVb

Limited Edition Jedi Holocron Keychain

Take your Jedi secrets with you with this limited keychain design based on the classic Jedi Holocron in my shop. It is available in all stainless steel finishes, brass, and precious metal plated finishes. The above model was printed in Polished Gold Stainless Steel.

If you want to check out the Limited Edition Jedi Holocron Keychain yourself here is the link: http://shpws.me/GTVB

Lastly I just want to mention a design I am currently working on with forum member, Genkaku Sho`shyk, to create an internal module to house all electronics inside a saber. It is something that he designed and I translated into a 3D model. If you want to follow the progress of this here is the link to his post: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23239.0

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: