Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Sedsti Skyfaller Designs  (Read 210340 times)
sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #315 on: February 18, 2016, 01:46:59 AM »

I might have to bother you in the future about having one of these done in metal - when I have time for more personal projects that is.

Of course! Just shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to assist in any of your custom projects

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2016, 04:15:04 PM »

* New Saber Keychains Now Available *

Qui-Gon Saber Keychain (Matte Bronze Steel): http://shpws.me/LMxN

Dooku Saber Keychain (Polished Grey Steel): http://shpws.me/LMxO

Mace Saber Keychain (Polished Nickel Steel): http://shpws.me/LMxP

Ahsoka Saber Keychain (Polished Nickel Steel): http://shpws.me/LMxQ

Kanan Saber Keychain (Polished Bronze Steel): http://shpws.me/LMxM

All of these are available in the standard 8 finishes of Stainless Steel as well as Bronze, Brass, and pure Silver
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 04:24:31 PM by sedstiskyfaller » Logged

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #317 on: February 28, 2016, 01:11:06 AM »

Just checked out the site. Amazing stuff. Must be awesome having access to a 3D printer. Thank you for providing a helpful resource to those of us looking to personalize and customize our already awesome sabers!

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #318 on: February 28, 2016, 01:32:38 AM »

Just checked out the site. Amazing stuff. Must be awesome having access to a 3D printer. Thank you for providing a helpful resource to those of us looking to personalize and customize our already awesome sabers!

Thanks for the compliment! I'm happy to be able to provide a service for my fellow forum members  Smiley

Just to clarify, I don't personally 3D-print these, but instead utilize Shapeways to print models I design. They have an amazing assortment of machines that can 3D-print in several different materials, as well as the resources for post processing with various finishes.

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #319 on: February 28, 2016, 01:41:35 AM »

I guess that makes more sense. I thought that shapeways was a software not a service. I guess I was too busy looking at the stuff. Still its awesome stuff.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 01:50:54 AM by Hansrad » Logged

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #320 on: February 29, 2016, 08:55:14 PM »

Decided to snap a pic of the keychain collection thus far  Cheesy  (minus the holocrons and generic saber keychain)

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #321 on: March 05, 2016, 03:50:35 AM »

Since I got the first one in that I ordered, I thought I would give everyone a sneak peek at what I'm working on next...

As you can tell if you've visited my shop, there are over 20 blade plug designs available now (I can't believe I've made that many) and after a while I was running out of new ideas for designs. So I decided I wanted to take blade plug designs to the next level and utilize the great material resources and the flexibility 3D printing with Shapeways provides.

This lead to the idea of a Premium Blade Plug that could allow better features for for illumination. Rather than adding different types of holes through the top of the plug, what if it glowed? Naturally the way to do this is to use a transparent material, but I didn't want the entire blade plug to let light through still, only the part I wanted.

For this reason I decide to design a two-part blade plug that would consist of the usual piece with holes to let light through, but with a transparent insert that glowed when the saber was activated. The first step in realizing this is below...

I am working on several more designs, and will be releasing these in due time. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on these! Thanks for looking and MTFBWY  Smiley

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #322 on: March 05, 2016, 04:07:49 AM »

What a clever idea.  I really like the look of this.  Since it consists of two parts, can the opaque top be removed or will removal relax the connection over time.  Looks really good slightly recessed into a slanted emitter and I would imagine with a shroud.  I would to have them available in longer sizes as well.   +1   Cool

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #323 on: March 05, 2016, 05:21:42 AM »

Definitely an Interesting concept, I'd be interested to see your future designs.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #324 on: March 05, 2016, 07:15:15 AM »

Awesome idea Sedsti . . . very clever, I look forward to your new two-part designs also . . . +1 Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #325 on: March 05, 2016, 08:22:21 AM »

I totally want a few now for a few of my sabers Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #326 on: March 05, 2016, 12:57:53 PM »

Thanks guys, and gal!

Not all designs I'm working on will likely make it as products because I'm still exploring the best way for these to fit together. This one worked out quite nicely, but not all of them follow the same design principles.

What a clever idea.  I really like the look of this.  Since it consists of two parts, can the opaque top be removed or will removal relax the connection over time.  Looks really good slightly recessed into a slanted emitter and I would imagine with a shroud.  I would to have them available in longer sizes as well.   +1   Cool

With this design it can be removed and replaced fairly easily. It just sits into a recessed area of the plug and around the central column.

As far as making them longer, I can make them whatever length upon request, but my strategy is to make them fit all hilts without sticking out. This was the length I found that would work best for that  Smiley

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #327 on: March 05, 2016, 07:20:07 PM »

I also need to bother you about a metal blade plug at some point.
The list of things I need to bother you about grows.
lol

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #328 on: March 05, 2016, 08:59:29 PM »

I also need to bother you about a metal blade plug at some point.
The list of things I need to bother you about grows.
lol

Of course! Might as well make a list and send it to me lol

I'm liking the sound of this all metal thing you seem to have going on  Roll Eyes

Darth_Seishin
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -18

You Don't Know the Power of the Darkside!

« Reply #329 on: March 16, 2016, 01:54:16 AM »

Awesome! Good luck with your future projects!

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: