Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653772 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2016, 08:41:46 PM »

So I've been playing for about an hour and I'm already stuck. Sad

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2016, 09:05:09 PM »

What ya stuck on if you don't mind me asking?

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2016, 09:17:11 PM »

Still finding my way around the menu. I believe it's Light Side battle 2-I. It's on Tatooine with a boss in the Finial Encounter stage.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2016, 10:56:22 PM »

Still finding my way around the menu. I believe it's Light Side battle 2-I. It's on Tatooine with a boss in the Finial Encounter stage.

It happens. You just need to upgrade your team a little bit. Spend some time just playing around on the main screen figuring out what areas do what. Come back here if you have any specific questions.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2016, 12:03:53 AM »

It happens. You just need to upgrade your team a little bit. Spend some time just playing around on the main screen figuring out what areas do what. Come back here if you have any specific questions.

I actually beat it right after my last post. Now I'm working through that section on hard to get shards.

So my LS characters are Clone Wars Chewbacca, Ewok Scout, Jedi Consular, Jawa, and Clone Sergeant - Phase I. DS are Talia, Royal Guard, and I just unlocked a Snowtrooper, which unlocked DS battles.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2016, 12:13:36 AM »

I actually beat it right after my last post. Now I'm working through that section on hard to get shards.

So my LS characters are Clone Wars Chewbacca, Ewok Scout, Jedi Consular, Jawa, and Clone Sergeant - Phase I. DS are Talia, Royal Guard, and I just unlocked a Snowtrooper, which unlocked DS battles.

Good!

Seems like pretty standard squads to start with.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2016, 12:33:05 AM »

yes, keep you team balanced best you can....I'm on the 5th level of both light and dark...after a while you'll be able to open more and more characters. got 2 more light last night and getting 1 dark later tonight....just keep working those shards and goals.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2016, 12:56:25 AM »

Good!

Seems like pretty standard squads to start with.

Thanks. I should have time to play a bit more tonight.

yes, keep you team balanced best you can....I'm on the 5th level of both light and dark...after a while you'll be able to open more and more characters. got 2 more light last night and getting 1 dark later tonight....just keep working those shards and goals.

Nice! So you're saying I should upgrade characters evenly? Instead of maxing out favourites?

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2016, 01:17:49 AM »

Thanks. I should have time to play a bit more tonight.

Nice! So you're saying I should upgrade characters evenly? Instead of maxing out favourites?

I've subscribed to that philosophy, but I've done my even leveling within certain groups.

For example, I started off wanting to get a 7* Yoda, so I need a team of 5 7* Jedi to do it. To get them, I needed to have a decent neutral squad and light side squad, because that's where the shards were. So I powered up a bunch of Jedi, a few extra LS characters, and a few DS characters to round out my teams.

I've admittedly neglected my DS team to accomplish this goal, but they are next on my list, along with a team of rebels to unlock the Emperor when his challenge rolls around again.

So, I've set a plan, and I've calculated who I might want and/or need for that plan, and I upgraded those characters evenly. My clone sargeant is still 2*, level 40, and gear tier V, because once I hit that level, I had acquired enough characters that were stronger and more beneficial to my current plan, and I didn't need him anymore. If I encounter something that requires a team of clones, I'll upgrade him, but I'm just not there yet.

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2016, 01:47:31 AM »

exactly, your planned team. don't need every single character to the same level...just ones you plan on having. light/ dark as you work up.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2016, 01:50:40 AM »

So with 7*, is that like 7 stars when you open "characters"?

exactly, your planned team. don't need every single character to the same level...just ones you plan on having. light/ dark as you work up.

Well, right now I have no choice of which characters I use, 'cause I don't even have a full team yet.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2016, 01:53:46 AM »

I don't know if this unlocks at a certain level because it's been a while, but . . . there are 2 weekly Events for Credits and Training Droids that are open only to a full Team of Scoundrels.

I can't stress this enough: I know it takes time so be patient but get yourself a full Scoundrel squad ASAP.

Mine is finally good enough to beat the highest tier of the Credit Heist which pays between 1.5M & 10M per win.

You are allowed to TRY unlimited times but can only WIN twice.

I generally end up with ~ 5M Credits a week for about 5 minutes of gameplay.

This is crazy important since it gets REALLY expensive to level up when you reach the max levels.  It's going to cost about 300,000 credits just to go from level 81 to 82 per character!

Here's the squad I had at the point where I was good enough to FINALLY beat the highest Tier:

- Cad Bane, 7* (Leader):  Hits really hard, has a Stun and his Leadership ups Evasion & Critical Damage. Available from Galactic War Shipments so easy to farm.

- Boba Fett, 7*:  Just OK but easy enough to farm from Cantina Shipments.

- Lando Calrissian, 6*:  Both a Rebel and a Scoundrel which is nice.  And his multi-attack - The Mustache Massacre - is awesome.  (It's not called that for real - that's just what we refer to it as.). Only farmable through Cantina Battles so he takes time.  I just finally got to 7*.

- IG-88, 6*:  Droids are AWESOME.  They have killer synergy with HK as a Leader.  In this case, 88 counts as both a Droid and a Scoundrel.  Always go for characters that can "wear multiple hats".  He's also easily farmable from Arena Shipments.

- Greedo, 5*:  Pretty good Attacker.  Low Health though.  Really only got him to complete the team because he was easy to farm from Arena.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2016, 01:59:03 AM »

So with 7*, is that like 7 stars when you open "characters"?

Well, right now I have no choice of which characters I use, 'cause I don't even have a full team yet.

Right. The stars that are lit when you see them. Obviously, the more stars they have, the more powerful they become.

But when you do have a full team, it's solid advice. You don't want to have a team with a member at level 70, 2 at level 60, and 2 at level 45.

LC, I haven't noticed the heists drop that frequently, but I'll pay closer attention to see if I'm at that level.

Thanks for that advice.

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2016, 03:21:08 AM »

yes, Lando is nice to have starting as a 4 star, cantina fights aren't too hard to get since you can run as long as you have energy. Fett I'm pretty close on, got greedo started, Vader getting close, some healthy characters there...Ventress, Count Dokuu and Savage Opress are nice hitters as well from my use of them.

who's scruffy looking?

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2016, 03:24:59 AM »

I don't know if this unlocks at a certain level because it's been a while, but . . . there are 2 weekly Events for Credits and Training Droids that are open only to a full Team of Scoundrels.

I can't stress this enough: I know it takes time so be patient but get yourself a full Scoundrel squad ASAP.

Mine is finally good enough to beat the highest tier of the Credit Heist which pays between 1.5M & 10M per win.

You are allowed to TRY unlimited times but can only WIN twice.

I generally end up with ~ 5M Credits a week for about 5 minutes of gameplay.

This is crazy important since it gets REALLY expensive to level up when you reach the max levels.  It's going to cost about 300,000 credits just to go from level 81 to 82 per character!

Here's the squad I had at the point where I was good enough to FINALLY beat the highest Tier:

- Cad Bane, 7* (Leader):  Hits really hard, has a Stun and his Leadership ups Evasion & Critical Damage. Available from Galactic War Shipments so easy to farm.

- Boba Fett, 7*:  Just OK but easy enough to farm from Cantina Shipments.

- Lando Calrissian, 6*:  Both a Rebel and a Scoundrel which is nice.  And his multi-attack - The Mustache Massacre - is awesome.  (It's not called that for real - that's just what we refer to it as.). Only farmable through Cantina Battles so he takes time.  I just finally got to 7*.

- IG-88, 6*:  Droids are AWESOME.  They have killer synergy with HK as a Leader.  In this case, 88 counts as both a Droid and a Scoundrel.  Always go for characters that can "wear multiple hats".  He's also easily farmable from Arena Shipments.

- Greedo, 5*:  Pretty good Attacker.  Low Health though.  Really only got him to complete the team because he was easy to farm from Arena.

Is cad bane worth farming I have him nut Haven't farmed him yet. Focusing an rey, Barriss, Mace, Ahsoka, and Fives right now. I'll get Darth Sidious to 7* in a little bit. I'm also farming for magmatrooper right now. These are my characters. Any suggestions? https://swgoh.gg/u/greyowl/collection/

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: