Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653839 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2016, 04:41:21 AM »

Yes. I have Cad Bane at 7*. I'm trying to get his attack and gear levels up. He can really do some damage against Jedi.

I also have Sidious at 7*. I liked him in the beginning but not as much now. He's still good against a team of healers. Him, Anakin, and Kylo Ren (I don't have him or Anakin, yet) seem like they'd be good for their health immunity hits, too, but they just being more to the table.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2016, 04:42:45 AM »

I like Cad Bane a lot.  He's very strong Offensively and he's murder on Jedi's.

Downside is he has low Health so he's not the most durable.

This is my current Arena / Main Team:

- Anakin Skywalker:  He's a beast now that they revamped him and made his character worthy of The Chosen One.  My favorite Leader Ability too.  Jedi & Clones get +30% Offense & +20% Critical Damage.  All other teammates get half that.  Which as hard as Rey hits, getting +15 Offense & +10 Crit Dam is still really good.  Leads me to . . .

- Rey:  Obviously . . . she's "Damage Incorporated".

- Luminara Unduli:  Great Heal, Ability Block and hits like a ton of bricks; underrated offensive weapon.  She might be lithe and mild mannered - but she leaves a mark!

- Qui Gon Jinn:  My most indispensable toon.  He's a swiss army knife when all his abilities are maxed out.  Turn meter control? Check.  Special attack with an Ally? Check.  Another Special attack that deals high damage, busts taunts AND gives your whole team Offense Up for 3 Turns.  Check!  All great stuff here with literally no downside.

And . . . the last spot rotates depending on what the Opponent has.

If they have Droids . . . it's Ima Gunn Di for his anti-droid properties.

If they have Royal Guard . . . it's Mace Windu for a second Taunt Buster.

Neither of those . . . Savage Oppress for his Offense, Durability and to hopefully apply Offense Down.

PS - for those in Raid Guilds, this new Tank Raid STINKS!

Holy cow.  We are on Day 8 and still haven't finished phase 2 (of 4) and the guys in Team Skunk are saying Phase 3 is the hardest. 

EA really needs to fix this.  2+ weeks to do just 1 Raid is stupid. And that's the Normal difficulty - not Heroic.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2016, 05:39:46 AM »

Right. The stars that are lit when you see them. Obviously, the more stars they have, the more powerful they become.

But when you do have a full team, it's solid advice. You don't want to have a team with a member at level 70, 2 at level 60, and 2 at level 45.

LC, I haven't noticed the heists drop that frequently, but I'll pay closer attention to see if I'm at that level.

Thanks for that advice.

Duh, this *< is a star. Embarrassed

-------

Quick question: what does Wookie Rage (Taunt) do?

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2016, 10:50:03 AM »

So, I'm doing the F2P thing.  Crystals are obviously the limiting factor.

I have to save them up for days.  I'm torn what to do with them now though, since I don't get many...

Chromium Data Card?  Gear pack?  Training droids?

Advice?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2016, 11:46:18 AM »

I agree on the new raid. We're on the lower difficulty one, too, and we're a mixed guild as far as strength of members, but we've only tackled a few percentage points on phase 1, and it's been several days. Ugh!!

How many of your guild have the tear V mods in all their characters, like recommended by the info screen? I know the mods haven't been too popular, so I wonder if it's EA's way of making us get them.

Quick question: what does Wookie Rage (Taunt) do?

All taunts mean the other team can only attack that character that taunts. You'll see a green box above the character with a silhouette and arrows pointing to the silhouette. It's a great tool if you have a character low on health, and that taunting character has a lot of health. It takes the aim away from the low character to give them a chance to be healed, if you have a healer. The other team can still attack the entire team, though, if they have that kind of special attack. You also risk losing your taunting character, because the other team gangs up on them. That's why they need to have a lot of health.

So, I'm doing the F2P thing.  Crystals are obviously the limiting factor.

I have to save them up for days.  I'm torn what to do with them now though, since I don't get many...

Chromium Data Card?  Gear pack?  Training droids?

Advice?

I initially would save up for the 8 chromium pack with guaranteed character. I did that quite a few times. Once I got several characters, I started noticing the rotation in the shipments store, and I'm now using my crystals to buy shards for specific characters I'm farming.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2016, 03:16:03 PM »

I initially would save up for the 8 chromium pack with guaranteed character. I did that quite a few times. Once I got several characters, I started noticing the rotation in the shipments store, and I'm now using my crystals to buy shards for specific characters I'm farming.
Good plan...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2016, 07:56:36 PM »

All taunts mean the other team can only attack that character that taunts. You'll see a green box above the character with a silhouette and arrows pointing to the silhouette. It's a great tool if you have a character low on health, and that taunting character has a lot of health. It takes the aim away from the low character to give them a chance to be healed, if you have a healer. The other team can still attack the entire team, though, if they have that kind of special attack. You also risk losing your taunting character, because the other team gangs up on them. That's why they need to have a lot of health.

Thanks for the info! That's really good to know. It's the only attack/ability I've come across that doesn't explain what it does.

The 2,520 crystal one?

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2016, 08:12:30 PM »

Thanks for the info! That's really good to know. It's the only attack/ability I've come across that doesn't explain what it does.

The 2,520 crystal one?

You're welcome.

Yes, that one. It takes forever, but I always got a lot of shards and a character or two per pack.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2016, 08:35:03 PM »

You're welcome.

Yes, that one. It takes forever, but I always got a lot of shards and a character or two per pack.

How am I supposed to get 2000 more crystals when I'm steadily using them? I'm currently using them to buy shards from "shipments". I'm guessing you would recommend to stop doing that?

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2016, 08:39:44 PM »

How am I supposed to get 2000 more crystals when I'm steadily using them? I'm currently using them to buy shards from "shipments". I'm guessing you would recommend to stop doing that?
I don't.  I save them.  From "shipments" I get the "credits" things.

I've started using my things to "find" various gear and shards for different characters, instead of just randomly using them up.

This game is addictive. O_o  FFS...lol

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2016, 09:56:27 PM »

What LR said. Save them up.

As you progress and unlock different things, it becomes easier to get them.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2016, 10:00:46 PM »

Okay, thank for the tips. I also just unlocked Allies. What good does it do me to have them? Obviously they're good, but why? And is playing in the Squad Arena against other people? Also, on my "Characters" icon, there's a red +3. Does this mean I have three more available characters?

Sorry for all the silly questions, if you'd rather have me google them, just say it.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2016, 12:30:59 AM »

the +3 on your characters means there's equipment you can put on 3 characters....always bump equipment up when you can....it helps.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2016, 12:55:37 AM »

Well - here's an alternate for building your army of characters in terms of your Crystal usage.  I personally skip the chromium packs.

I'll use Luke Skywalker as an example since LR has him and has likely cleared Cantina battle 1-B.

I'd use the Crystals to buy Cantina Energy.

Then do multi-sims to farm his shards - look at all the loot you get that way, and it only gets better the higher the Cantina level.

Experience points (helps you level up faster), Credits, Training Droids, Shards and . . . Cantina Rewards.

LR - see that 169 in Orange?

Every time you save up 400 of that - you can go to the Cantina Store and redeem that for 5 Shards of a character of your choice and there are a lot of good ones in there.

I suggest farming QGJ first, then Fives (he's an awesome "Tank") and then get Boba Fett as a part of your Scoundrel team for the Credit Heist Event.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2016, 01:24:18 AM »

Who just unlocked Han Solo 5* from the Rancor Raid?

This guy.  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: