Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653058 times)
Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #750 on: December 21, 2016, 02:39:55 AM »

Hey look everyone, another squad tournament....

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #751 on: December 21, 2016, 02:57:23 AM »

And of you had an elite Wedge...ouch!

I don't think you'll need everyone to be that high, unless they've tweaked the event. Remember what the gear and player level maxes were when they first unleashed the event. My 7* Yoda had everyone at level 70-72, gear level 7 or 8, and I didn't lose anyone.

Yes, the EP event will be tougher, but it was designed to be for lower levels, and I imagine it's still setup the same way. That's just my guess, though.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with having a team like that at your regular disposal for GW, mod challenges, mod battles, etc., so I imagine you'll be happy you invested in it long after you've acquired EP. I applaud you, LC.

The first 1 or 2 Yoda events were brutal, he was so wicked fast, especially on 7*.  The next time around they had tuned him down a little and he was manageable.

The Emperor is a tough event because he does extra damage to Rebels.  They may or may not make it scale up for level 85.  If they don't this event will be a cakewalk.  If the do, the Emperor is gonna be pretty rough.

Hey look everyone, another squad tournament....

At least this time around it's something I'm interested in.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #752 on: December 21, 2016, 03:05:51 AM »

And of you had an elite Wedge...ouch!

I don't think you'll need everyone to be that high, unless they've tweaked the event. Remember what the gear and player level maxes were when they first unleashed the event. My 7* Yoda had everyone at level 70-72, gear level 7 or 8, and I didn't lose anyone.

Yes, the EP event will be tougher, but it was designed to be for lower levels, and I imagine it's still setup the same way. That's just my guess, though.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with having a team like that at your regular disposal for GW, mod challenges, mod battles, etc., so I imagine you'll be happy you invested in it long after you've acquired EP. I applaud you, LC.

Thanks!

Yeah the best part is - they really are all useful characters in their own right and work very well in certain situations.

Plus - Ackbar is my Fleet Commander and I have Biggs' X-Wing so as always . . . multitaskers!

I would have to think Luke will get an X-Wing soon . . . you know . . . he is the PILOT that blew up the Death Star & all.   Roll Eyes

Looking forward to the Emperor. . . going to eventually run this team at times in Arena for fun:

- Emperor Palpatine (Leader)

- Darth Vader

- Count Dooku

- Darth Maul

- Savage Oppress

Once more . . . The Sith shall rule the Galaxy (of Heroes).

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #753 on: December 21, 2016, 06:16:13 AM »

Anakin is mine!!!!

Yes, he's a VERY long way from Lord C's, but you have to start somewhere.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #754 on: December 21, 2016, 06:21:32 AM »

So I log on for a few minutes, see what's in store, buy a couple things. What happens? I promote Wedge to 5*, Bistan to 4*, unlock Leia, and get 20/25 for Qui-Gon.

Looking forward to the Emperor. . . going to eventually run this team at times in Arena for fun:

- Darth Vader

- Count Dooku

- Darth Maul

- Savage Oppress

Once more . . . The Sith shall rule the Galaxy (of Heroes).

I think I would replace Savage with Sidious or possibly even Ventress.  Undecided

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #755 on: December 21, 2016, 12:15:35 PM »

I think I would replace Savage with Sidious or possibly even Ventress.  Undecided

Well, Ventress isn't classified as a Sith (Nightsister & Separatist) so she wouldn't get the benefits from the Emperor's Lead and really, Savage is way, way better in the game than Sidious.  He's an Attacker that really almost doubles as a Tank.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #756 on: December 21, 2016, 02:15:30 PM »

Well, Ventress isn't classified as a Sith (Nightsister & Separatist) so she wouldn't get the benefits from the Emperor's Lead and really, Savage is way, way better in the game than Sidious.  He's an Attacker that really almost doubles as a Tank.

Yeah, that's the obvious flaw with Ventress. But Savage better than Sid? Sure, he has a ton of health, but Sid's basic does healing immunity and way more damage. I've borrowed an elite Savage before, my own toons were doing more damage than him. That was when he had a couple stars and better gear.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #757 on: December 21, 2016, 02:58:33 PM »

Yeah, that's the obvious flaw with Ventress. But Savage better than Sid? Sure, he has a ton of health, but Sid's basic does healing immunity and way more damage. I've borrowed an elite Savage before, my own toons were doing more damage than him. That was when he had a couple stars and better gear.

Ok. You got me there, Focker.   Tongue

I have to admit to being mystified by Savage's ACTUAL Damage numbers.  Mine has a Physical Damage score of 2330 which should put him near the Elite category on my Roster (sort them in order of Physical Damage and he is sandwiched berween my 2 IG Droids who put up MASSIVE Damage numbers) - yet he does seem to be underwhelming in practice.

I thought it may have been due to low Armor Penetration, but IG-88 is only slightly higher in that category and he puts up way, way higher damage.

So - yeah.

How about this?

I'm just doing this for Fun, and it would be weird to me to have both Emperor Palpatine AND Darth Sidious in the same lineup.  I'm kind of picky about those things. #

So - you got me.  That's the real reason I settled on Savage.  Wink

# - It's kinda like how I can't play Poe & Finn on the same team because they are BOTH wearing Poe's jacket.  I mean - how awkward for them?  What was EA thinking?  They show up for battle wearing the same outfit.

(I'm joking. I do play them together. Especially now that they reworked Finn and he's a beast now.  I need to finish him in the next couple months.)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #758 on: December 21, 2016, 03:46:08 PM »

2330?! I'm only level 63, and that's merely good for my A team. I've had Biggs deal 9000+ with his special, before any assists. That's how it's done.  Cool

I was expecting a few detailed reasons for why Savage is better.  Roll Eyes    Thinking about it, Sidious can almost compensate for less health with Sadistic Glee. Almost.

Try it with each, mix it up, see who's more effective against certain characters. Sure, the same character twice would be a little weird, but if it's the difference between winning and losing, what choice is there?

Savage may be a better pick for a defensive team, but that's a Sith team, what's defense?  Tongue  Wink

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #759 on: December 21, 2016, 04:30:17 PM »

- Darth Vader

- Count Dooku

- Darth Maul

- Savage Oppress

Well, Ventress isn't classified as a Sith (Nightsister & Separatist) so she wouldn't get the benefits from the Emperor's Lead and really, Savage is way, way better in the game than Sidious.  He's an Attacker that really almost doubles as a Tank.

I have to admit to being mystified by Savage's ACTUAL Damage numbers.  Mine has a Physical Damage score of 2330 which should put him near the Elite category on my Roster (sort them in order of Physical Damage and he is sandwiched berween my 2 IG Droids who put up MASSIVE Damage numbers) - yet he does seem to be underwhelming in practice.

I thought it may have been due to low Armor Penetration, but IG-88 is only slightly higher in that category and he puts up way, way higher damage.

I have a 7* Sidious and his damage potential is still pretty low.  He's also pretty fragile.  I've had him be taken out in one go.  At one point he was a character that was essential, but not really anymore.  Yes his heal block is nice, but sometimes it doesn't seem like it works nearly as much as when the AI uses it(or when you are really really needing it to block a heal).  Also it seems like his AOE attack doesn't lay DoTs very well.  I don't have a Savage to compare it to, but I see plenty of them in PvP and GW and he can hit quite hard.  His Overpower ability can do some serious damage, especially to someone with low health, and it can't be evaded(dodge/foresight).

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #760 on: December 21, 2016, 04:34:28 PM »

Why does this game have to be stupid?

I'm one shard from promoting my RG, and do you think I can get it?

Sim; not get; wait 12hrs; sim; not get...

Why? Just c'mon already...

I can't not get Lumi shards when I see them either...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #761 on: December 21, 2016, 04:51:44 PM »

I have a 7* Sidious and his damage potential is still pretty low.  He's also pretty fragile.  I've had him be taken out in one go.  At one point he was a character that was essential, but not really anymore.  Yes his heal block is nice, but sometimes it doesn't seem like it works nearly as much as when the AI uses it(or when you are really really needing it to block a heal).  Also it seems like his AOE attack doesn't lay DoTs very well.  I don't have a Savage to compare it to, but I see plenty of them in PvP and GW and he can hit quite hard.  His Overpower ability can do some serious damage, especially to someone with low health, and it can't be evaded(dodge/foresight).

Yeah, in the early stages of the game I feared Sidious, and because of that, I got him quickly. He had a good run on my team, but I'm looking to overhaul my entire DS team, because I can't seem to make any progress in those battles, and part of that is due to him.

He's good early on, but I wouldn't spend too much time and resources on him.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #762 on: December 21, 2016, 04:55:01 PM »

2330?! I'm only level 63, and that's merely good for my A team. I've had Biggs deal 9000+ with his special, before any assists. That's how it's done.  Cool

I was expecting a few detailed reasons for why Savage is better.  Roll Eyes    Thinking about it, Sidious can almost compensate for less health with Sadistic Glee. Almost.

Try it with each, mix it up, see who's more effective against certain characters. Sure, the same character twice would be a little weird, but if it's the difference between winning and losing, what choice is there?

Savage may be a better pick for a defensive team, but that's a Sith team, what's defense?  Tongue  Wink

Well, to quote my Daughter when our Husky sniffs at her food:

"No no no!"

2330 for Physical Damage doesn't literally translate to the # you do every time you attack someone.  It's just an individual stat.

It's all part of a complex equation involving your variables, the opponents variables and RNG.

In short, if you look at your players detailed stats - anything over 2000 is pretty elite (in theory).

I just looked at your Biggs and his rating for that is 1266.

How it all gets calculated I don't know.  I'd be lying if I said I knew how each attack outcome gets calculated. But it seems like he should really be racking up a lot more damage.

I need to research that . . .

But other things in Savage's favor that I personally like:

- When I get my next Thermal Detonator, he'll be up to 20% Health Steal each attack keeping him up & attacking.

- I love his finishing move that is unavoidable when the opponent is in the Red.  Nothing more frustrating then having someone like Rey dodge 3 finishing blows in a row - then get Healed & knockout one of your crew with her triple attack.

@Rapine - That's a favorite thing for this game to do; took me 4 days to get my last 2 Anakin shards when I had been getting 3-5 per day normally.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #763 on: December 21, 2016, 05:22:10 PM »

Mace 5* QGJ 4* Eeth 4*, working Asoka and Lumi to 5*

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #764 on: December 21, 2016, 05:25:38 PM »

Why does this game have to be stupid?

I'm one shard from promoting my RG, and do you think I can get it?

Sim; not get; wait 12hrs; sim; not get...

Why? Just c'mon already...

I can't not get Lumi shards when I see them either...

@Rapine - That's a favorite thing for this game to do; took me 4 days to get my last 2 Anakin shards when I had been getting 3-5 per day normally.

Yes, this game loves to stall you on shards when you are down to the last couple before being able to promote.

One thing I've found is don't go into the character and "Find" the missions with shards.  Go to those missions directly from the Light or Dark options on the home screen.  I swear the game knows when you use the find option and are looking for the shards.  It seems to be more forthcoming when you just go to missions and pick one and then do it.  Also don't sim just 1, or all 3, sim 2 then 1.  This game has some weird quirks, but sometimes there are little things that help.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: