Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653792 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #795 on: December 22, 2016, 04:52:27 PM »

Believe me, I've tried. If only you could see my inventory and recommend something. Would you like a list of my better characters?

The other thing you need to realize is that stars aren't as valuable as gear, mods, and ability upgrades. My Fett is 6*, but he might as well be made of tissue, because I haven't spent much on upgrading his abilities, his gear, or his mods. He can't hit, nor can he take a hit. My Leia, Luke, and K-2 all hit harder and take more damage. My 5* Kit Fisto is even far superior. Just keep that in mind. Pick 7 of your better characters and start upgrading their abilities, gear, and mods. That will give you a team of 5 with a couple you can swap out depending on the team you're facing.

I also refresh like crazy to find an opponent that is a good match for me to beat. Use up all of your attempts each day to climb as much as possible.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #796 on: December 22, 2016, 05:05:02 PM »

I believe Fleet only gives shards for those with Ships, unfortunately.  He is Arena only.

That's tough.  I've done stuff like that before.  Frustrating.

Really? That makes a lot of sense.

Angry

Bested in a Tournament should be expected, but me being responsible is much worse.  Sad

The other thing you need to realize is that stars aren't as valuable as gear, mods, and ability upgrades. My Fett is 6*, but he might as well be made of tissue, because I haven't spent much on upgrading his abilities, his gear, or his mods. He can't hit, nor can he take a hit. My Leia, Luke, and K-2 all hit harder and take more damage. My 5* Kit Fisto is even far superior. Just keep that in mind. Pick 7 of your better characters and start upgrading their abilities, gear, and mods. That will give you a team of 5 with a couple you can swap out depending on the team you're facing.

I also refresh like crazy to find an opponent that is a good match for me to beat. Use up all of your attempts each day to climb as much as possible.

My A team is all Gear 7, with 27 of 30 Mod slots filled.

I do both of those. It's great finding someone who just unlocked Arena and have level 1 characters.  Roll Eyes

I win less than half the time. They put me up against teams of level 70-80 characters, Gear 7-8, normally 6-7*. What can I do?

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #797 on: December 22, 2016, 05:06:50 PM »

Actually I don't think Grievous or Zam Wessel have Ships so maybe there are exceptions. But it's mostly characters with Ships.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #798 on: December 22, 2016, 06:01:52 PM »

Angry

Bested in a Tournament should be expected, but me being responsible is much worse.  Sad

I do both of those. It's great finding someone who just unlocked Arena and have level 1 characters.  Roll Eyes

I win less than half the time. They put me up against teams of level 70-80 characters, Gear 7-8, normally 6-7*. What can I do?

How many healers do you have? I know the prevailing thought on the arena is to hit first, hit fast, and hit hard. While I agree with that, it takes a while to get to that point where you can take out one or two, or more, of the other side on your first turn. Until then, sometimes you need to be able to weather the storm, heal, and team up on one character at a time. That's what I do, and I stay in the 200-400 place range, which is good for me.

I don't put a whole lot into the arena, because I know I'm not at the level I mentioned above. So, I go with Barriss in the lead, Lumi, JC, QGJ, Yoda, Biggs, Chewie, or K-2. That many healers allow me to prolong most fights, and the ally combo of QGJ and Biggs, plus the hard hits of Lumi allow me to take out other toons in a turn or two.

I know you've focused on DS characyers, but they don't have a lot of healers. I'd get their abilities up, get some high level mods, and invest in a good healer or two

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #799 on: December 22, 2016, 06:21:14 PM »

How many healers do you have? I know the prevailing thought on the arena is to hit first, hit fast, and hit hard. While I agree with that, it takes a while to get to that point where you can take out one or two, or more, of the other side on your first turn. Until then, sometimes you need to be able to weather the storm, heal, and team up on one character at a time. That's what I do, and I stay in the 200-400 place range, which is good for me.

I don't put a whole lot into the arena, because I know I'm not at the level I mentioned above. So, I go with Barriss in the lead, Lumi, JC, QGJ, Yoda, Biggs, Chewie, or K-2. That many healers allow me to prolong most fights, and the ally combo of QGJ and Biggs, plus the hard hits of Lumi allow me to take out other toons in a turn or two.

I know you've focused on DS characyers, but they don't have a lot of healers. I'd get their abilities up, get some high level mods, and invest in a good healer or two

I have Lumi, Consular, Talia, and Ewok Elder. Lumi's the only one I've invested in.

When did I say I was focused on DS? I'm not really. My whole A team is LS.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #800 on: December 22, 2016, 06:21:32 PM »

Believe me, I've tried. If only you could see my inventory and recommend something. Would you like a list of my better characters?

Have any of you seen him in Fleet shipments before?

You could list like your better ones and I could try and recommend some formations.

I don't think I've seen him in fleet shipments.

I believe Fleet only gives shards for those with Ships, unfortunately.  He is Arena only.

Actually I don't think Grievous or Zam Wessel have Ships so maybe there are exceptions. But it's mostly characters with Ships.

Yeah, I think there are a couple that don't have ships, but maybe will in the future, or are just the rarer characters.

Angry

Need to finish filling your mod slots, and have good mods too with stats that help the character.  Getting Mod Challenges done up to Tier 3 is a big help.  Sadly Mod Challenges won't give you all the mods you need and you'll have to use Mod Battles to fill in odd slots that you need.  You might have to take a break from Cantina battles for a while until you fill up your supply of mods.  Remember to sim battles 2 at a time, it seems to help with the drop rate.  Also I usually level up a mod to purple, or gold if I can afford it, before I slot the mod or bother paying to push it the rest of the way to 15.

Also you need to look at team synergy as a whole(leader ability as it relates to a whole team) and also the ability to strike first with 1 or 2 characters that can alter a battle, ie. ability blocking or stunning right away, or also like Yoda being able to put up his Battle Meditation first thing to block a team that uses a lot of status effects.  Putting speed mods on Lumi is a good example.  Her going first gives you a pick of being able to ability block someone.  It might be a tank to keep them from taunting, it might be a Biggs to keep him from using his special.  It all depends.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #801 on: December 22, 2016, 06:33:31 PM »

I have Lumi, Consular, Talia, and Ewok Elder. Lumi's the only one I've invested in.

When did I say I was focused on DS? I'm not really. My whole A team is LS.

Oh, sorry, I've heard you talking about Vader, Maul, and others. I just assumed they were your focus. My bad.

JC and Ewok Elder are pretty good healers. I'd spend some time on them, and get those mods, like Krace said.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #802 on: December 22, 2016, 06:43:11 PM »

Can't beat tier 3 mod challenges yet.

I use Ackbar to lead a Team of mostly Rebels.

Here's some I have, not including A team.

4*, Gear 7:

RG, Sid, Vader.

4*, lower Gear:

Consular, Talia, Boba, Chewie, Rey, Tarkin, Bistan, Mace, Phasma, ST Han, Geo Spy.

Other characters of interest: (even lower * and Gear)

Ahsoka, Fives, Geo Soldier, IG-86, Leia, Qui-Gon.

Oh, sorry, I've heard you talking about Vader, Maul, and others. I just assumed they were your focus. My bad.

JC and Ewok Elder are pretty good healers. I'd spend some time on them, and get those mods, like Krace said.

I honestly don't have a concrete plan right now. Kind of just getting shards for people I eventually want. I suppose I'm loosely focused on Jedi, I want Yoda.

My JC is okay. Elder is 2* Gear 2.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #803 on: December 22, 2016, 08:22:50 PM »

JC is an OK healer, but he has no great benefits.  However he does have a starfighter, so eventually you need to pimp him out.

Ewok elder has a slightly better utilization because he can rez, and his heal also has a possibility to rez.  I've watched him rez twice in two rounds and it's infuriating.

Can't beat tier 3 mod challenges yet.

I use Ackbar to lead a Team of mostly Rebels.

Here's some I have, not including A team.

4*, Gear 7:

RG, Sid, Vader.

4*, lower Gear:

Consular, Talia, Boba, Chewie, Rey, Tarkin, Bistan, Mace, Phasma, ST Han, Geo Spy.

Other characters of interest: (even lower * and Gear)

Ahsoka, Fives, Geo Soldier, IG-86, Leia, Qui-Gon.

I honestly don't have a concrete plan right now. Kind of just getting shards for people I eventually want. I suppose I'm loosely focused on Jedi, I want Yoda.

My JC is okay. Elder is 2* Gear 2.

Well, even tier 2 is better than the basic mod battles, unless of course you need a specific slot.

Need to see the rest of your high end guys to know what sort of team to make.  Also, when I make a team, i prefer to make them all sync with the leader.  The only exception is usually a droid team because they need support with a tank and healer, though having K-2SO now has made a droid team even more dangerous.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #804 on: December 22, 2016, 08:44:40 PM »

Well, even tier 2 is better than the basic mod battles, unless of course you need a specific slot.

Need to see the rest of your high end guys to know what sort of team to make.  Also, when I make a team, i prefer to make them all sync with the leader.  The only exception is usually a droid team because they need support with a tank and healer, though having K-2SO now has made a droid team even more dangerous.

I've noticed that Challenges have a bad drop rate after the first time. I also just tried the tier 3 health mod for the first time. A team got their butts whipped.

Oh, I thought I had posts my best ones recently. Oh well,

A team is 7* Biggs, 5* Ackbar, Lando, Wedge, and Luminara. All Gear 7. Ackbar leader, the rest are Rebels, and Lumi does her best to keep them alive.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #805 on: December 23, 2016, 12:10:13 AM »

I've noticed that Challenges have a bad drop rate after the first time. I also just tried the tier 3 health mod for the first time. A team got their butts whipped.

Oh, I thought I had posts my best ones recently. Oh well,

A team is 7* Biggs, 5* Ackbar, Lando, Wedge, and Luminara. All Gear 7. Ackbar leader, the rest are Rebels, and Lumi does her best to keep them alive.

The good thing about that team is that when they are all maxed out, they will do some serious damage. The downside is that at their current level, they really can't take much of a hit. I'd add a tank or more healers to your rotation. RG or Chewie would be good, since you have iOS and didn't get K-2. Also, with Wedge as the lead, your rebels get a big offense boost. Try him if you haven't.

Like insaid, my best strategy in the arena right now is to draw out the fight, and it usually works, that's why I go with so many healers and so many Jedi. Their my top players, due to my Yoda quest, and their synergy works well. Getting Barriss was a game changer for me with my team.

Give it time.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #806 on: December 23, 2016, 12:26:42 AM »

I'm amazed this Thread has already hit 50+ pages.   Shocked

To think I was hesitant to start one because I didn't think anyone was into it . . .

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #807 on: December 23, 2016, 12:30:20 AM »

I'm amazed this Thread has already hit 50+ pages.   Shocked

To think I was hesitant to start one because I didn't think anyone was into it . . .

I've wanted to be out of it for so long. And then something new comes along and tickles my competitive bone.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #808 on: December 23, 2016, 01:40:53 AM »

Just promoted Lumi to 5*; Ahsoka now...

Reached lvl 60 - ships.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #809 on: December 23, 2016, 01:43:48 AM »

I now have a chance to get 6* EP. I should get 5*, at least. Well see about 6. I'd be liking my chances a lot more of I had Lando.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: