Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653844 times)
Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #825 on: December 24, 2016, 04:37:09 PM »

See, you keep saying Sidious is not very useful anymore, but I've lost many an Arena fight because my opponent used him. Healing immunity can make the difference. If by some miracle I get Palpatine I may work up a Sith squad which would probably include Sidious, at least at the beginning.

As much as I want the Emperor, I'm not spending $50+ on a game.

----

In other news, got Bistan to Gear 7.

With the right squad, Sidious becomes a mid level toon, at best. Barriss can heal despite the immunity, and Ackbar can remove them while giving a heal when he does, and there are others too. Gang up on him to take him out first when you see him on the other team. He dodges really well, but when hits land, they do a lot of damage.

Yeah, pretty much this.  When you hit the 80-85 area, you won't see him hardly at all anymore in PvP.  I see him sometimes in the early GW levels, usually in the 70-79 range.  I'm not saying that he won't be effective for you for a while, especially with EP, but I don't think you'll get much use out of him after you hit 80.

The Emperor's Demise bundle actually only $40, but yes that's still a fair bit of money.  Alternatively you could buy the $20 crystal bundle and buy the Rebels pack with crystals like 3 times, but that's still probably more than you wanna spend.  Anyway, there's always next time around in 3 or 4 months for the Emperor.  By then you'll be sure to have a full 7* Rebel squad to face him.  I was in your position last time.  Wasn't going to finish 5* Leia in time.  Like 2 days too late.  So I waited from like August or September, whenever it last was, until now.  It was a long wait, but now I've got him.

I probably need to start working on Bistan too now that I have the U-wing.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #826 on: December 24, 2016, 05:50:27 PM »

1st try on emperor. 4th round so 100 shards not too bad. back to my usual goals.
3rd round - 75 shards here.  Meh - I wasn't even trying for it...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Promoted Ahsoka.  Skywalker and Boba are up...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #827 on: December 24, 2016, 07:05:50 PM »

With the right squad, Sidious becomes a mid level toon, at best. Barriss can heal despite the immunity, and Ackbar can remove them while giving a heal when he does, and there are others too. Gang up on him to take him out first when you see him on the other team. He dodges really well, but when hits land, they do a lot of damage.

Not all of us have Barriss.  Smiley   So the immunity is game changing against me and has often been the deciding factor. Thankfully he almost always does his special first, so Ackbar can clear the DotS (if heal needed) and I should have him killed before his next turn.

Yeah, pretty much this.  When you hit the 80-85 area, you won't see him hardly at all anymore in PvP.  I see him sometimes in the early GW levels, usually in the 70-79 range.  I'm not saying that he won't be effective for you for a while, especially with EP, but I don't think you'll get much use out of him after you hit 80.

The Emperor's Demise bundle actually only $40, but yes that's still a fair bit of money.  Alternatively you could buy the $20 crystal bundle and buy the Rebels pack with crystals like 3 times, but that's still probably more than you wanna spend.  Anyway, there's always next time around in 3 or 4 months for the Emperor.  By then you'll be sure to have a full 7* Rebel squad to face him.  I was in your position last time.  Wasn't going to finish 5* Leia in time.  Like 2 days too late.  So I waited from like August or September, whenever it last was, until now.  It was a long wait, but now I've got him.

I probably need to start working on Bistan too now that I have the U-wing.

Emperors bundle is $55 for me.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #828 on: December 25, 2016, 01:31:48 AM »

Not all of us have Barriss.  Smiley   So the immunity is game changing against me and has often been the deciding factor. Thankfully he almost always does his special first, so Ackbar can clear the DotS (if heal needed) and I should have him killed before his next turn.

I know you don't have her, but if you want Yoda, you'll probably need her as your lead. You should eventually get her, even if you're not wanting Yoda. Once I got her and got her leveled, geared, modded, and starred up, I no longer feared Sidious, and that's my point. He will eventually be a so-so toon for you. Early on in the game, I feared him and grabbed him up as fast as I could. Now, I might not even take him out second, depending on who is on the other team.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #829 on: December 25, 2016, 01:41:20 AM »

Dear Force, get Barriss.  No, she doesn't hit hard, and she never will.  She's a Healer in almost the purest sense of the word.  Her heals bypass healing immunity, and even her attacks have a chance to hit the whole party.  I farmed the day lights out of her when they were doing double drops in the cantina and used the credits on Qui Gon.  She's about 5 shards from 6* at this point.

So, all you level 80+ folks, I've read a lot about good rebel and Light Side squads, what do you recommend for a good Dark Side Squad, keeping in mind that Emperor Palpatine is out for now since I don't think I'm going to get both Leia and Ackbar to 5 stars (Leia probably, Ackbar's got too far to go, unless the ship shipments start having him appear twice every refresh (which could happen, I've seen duplicates of characters and ships before).

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #830 on: December 25, 2016, 01:52:18 AM »

Dear Force, get Barriss.  No, she doesn't hit hard, and she never will.  She's a Healer in almost the purest sense of the word.  Her heals bypass healing immunity, and even her attacks have a chance to hit the whole party.  I farmed the day lights out of her when they were doing double drops in the cantina and used the credits on Qui Gon.  She's about 5 shards from 6* at this point.

So, all you level 80+ folks, I've read a lot about good rebel and Light Side squads, what do you recommend for a good Dark Side Squad, keeping in mind that Emperor Palpatine is out for now since I don't think I'm going to get both Leia and Ackbar to 5 stars (Leia probably, Ackbar's got too far to go, unless the ship shipments start having him appear twice every refresh (which could happen, I've seen duplicates of characters and ships before).

I still haven't figured out the DS track just yet, since I went and grabbed any Jedi I could get my hands on for Hero Quest: Yoda (that's what I'm calling my adventure). That means my two cents aren't even worth that much.

My take on the DS is that it's all about brute strength. They have a couple of so-so healers in Talia and Daka, and they have a few who can self heal, but that's about it. That takes the draw it out strategy off the table. I think you need to heed the words of Palpatine, "UNLIMITED...POWER!!!!!!"

My plan is to get EP, Grievous, a kick butt Vader, RG, and probably Daka. RG will keep them off my backs and stun, and Daka and EP can also stun. Grievous, EP, and Vader, will lay on a bunch of debuffs and AoE damage, and Vader's culling blade should be able to one shot kill most anyone with that many debuffs. Hit while they're stunned and can't get turns will be my initial strategy.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #831 on: December 25, 2016, 06:00:00 AM »

aquired  U-wing today...working up my characters...seems I'm doing something right...beating stronger players in arena.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #832 on: December 25, 2016, 06:33:32 AM »

Not all of us have Barriss.  Smiley

Emperors bundle is $55 for me.

She's definitely worth the farming at some point, more than Sidious.

Must be the exchange rate for where you're from I would imagine since the bundles are probably based off USD.

My take on the DS is that it's all about brute strength. They have a couple of so-so healers in Talia and Daka, and they have a few who can self heal, but that's about it. That takes the draw it out strategy off the table. I think you need to heed the words of Palpatine, "UNLIMITED...POWER!!!!!!"

My plan is to get EP, Grievous, a kick butt Vader, RG, and probably Daka. RG will keep them off my backs and stun, and Daka and EP can also stun. Grievous, EP, and Vader, will lay on a bunch of debuffs and AoE damage, and Vader's culling blade should be able to one shot kill most anyone with that many debuffs. Hit while they're stunned and can't get turns will be my initial strategy.

I wouldn't put that much stake in Grievous.  His farm is so long it's ridiculous.  I've been working on him longer than I've been working on the Emperor and I'm still only 70/80 to unlocking him.

I haven't yet powered up the Emperor, but when I do he'll probably get thrown in the mix.  As of right this moment though, my strongest DS team would probably be something like HK with 86 and 88(yes favoring a droid leader for only 2 other droids is worth it because of the crits and turn meter), then add Vader and Boba.  If I wanted to change that up I might put Boba in the lead rather than HK and ditch 86 for a healer or tank.  Everybody benefits from Boba's leader, and he and 88 benefit even more as Bounty Hunters with all the debuffs flying.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #833 on: December 25, 2016, 04:15:43 PM »

I'm at 75/80 for GG. Ships is helping a lot.

I forgot about droids bring DS. After I finish my rebels for the next time around, I'm going to work on scoundrels for the credit heists. Then it's droids.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #834 on: December 25, 2016, 05:09:16 PM »

I just faced K-2SO in the Arena. Darn he's annoying!

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #835 on: December 25, 2016, 11:43:56 PM »

I'm at 75/80 for GG. Ships is helping a lot.

I forgot about droids bring DS. After I finish my rebels for the next time around, I'm going to work on scoundrels for the credit heists. Then it's droids.

Honestly, I'd work on scoundrels now, unless you're pushing hard for a Rebel before the end of the Emperor event.  Scoundrels get you more credits and more training droids which makes them suuuuper valuable.  I suggest you work on IG-88 from PvP, Dengar in the guild shop, and Boba Fett from Cantina(and hard mode fights).  You could work on Cad from GW, but ultimately he's not one of the better.  My Scoundrel squad consists of Boba leading, IG-88, Dengar, ST Han, and Chewie.  You could certainly sub Han for Lando if yours is build up pretty well, or I guess Chewie for Lando, but out of the two I'd rather keep Chewie than Han.

I just faced K-2SO in the Arena. Darn he's annoying!

Heh, I haven't seen him in Arena yet, but I certainly like mine a lot.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #836 on: December 26, 2016, 01:12:17 AM »

Honestly, I'd work on scoundrels now, unless you're pushing hard for a Rebel before the end of the Emperor event.  Scoundrels get you more credits and more training droids which makes them suuuuper valuable.  I suggest you work on IG-88 from PvP, Dengar in the guild shop, and Boba Fett from Cantina(and hard mode fights).  You could work on Cad from GW, but ultimately he's not one of the better.  My Scoundrel squad consists of Boba leading, IG-88, Dengar, ST Han, and Chewie.  You could certainly sub Han for Lando if yours is build up pretty well, or I guess Chewie for Lando, but out of the two I'd rather keep Chewie than Han.

Heh, I haven't seen him in Arena yet, but I certainly like mine a lot.

There's only a few toons I need to take from 6* to 7, and I also want to get Lando, so he's a double dipper on that one.

I keep hearing good things about Dengar. What's so good about him?

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #837 on: December 26, 2016, 03:15:28 AM »

1 shard to promote Lumi to 6*. Normally I'd be frustrated, but since I'm going all the way to 7*, I'm not.

@whoever commented on Barriss, I will get her eventually. There's a few toons on that list, (Barriss, Anakin, Grevious etc)

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #838 on: December 26, 2016, 04:22:40 AM »

There's only a few toons I need to take from 6* to 7, and I also want to get Lando, so he's a double dipper on that one.

I keep hearing good things about Dengar. What's so good about him?

Well, he's not super fast, but he's very tough.  He also has a pretty nice unique that helps him out.  His default will sometime call an ally to assist if he's attacking someone that's debuffed, and it's a crit if the ally is a scoundrel.  He has another attack that can inflict speed down and possibly stun too.  Then he has an AOE that can cause a whole host of debuffs.  He really shines with Boba and IG-88.  Since they all cause debuffs, they make Boba's leader ability really pop.  Also with all those debuffs IG-88 gains huge damage boosts.  Not to mention Boba can execute one of the enemies with a lot of debuffs and probably kill them even with a decent chunk of health remaining.  If you look at Boba's leader ability, you would also want Greedo and Zam on the team because of thermal detonators.  I'm considering trying to get her with this pile of guild tokens I'm building up.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #839 on: December 26, 2016, 04:16:10 PM »

Promoted Chewie to 5*, now back to Lando in cantina.

Anyone know why they choose the CW version of Chewbacca over the regular?

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: