Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653848 times)
Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #855 on: December 27, 2016, 08:11:11 AM »

-=Looking for opinions=-

I'm building towards a 5* Jedi team for the next Yoda event.  I should be able to arrange four 5* toons in time, but I'm short a fifth.  Current lineup will be Lumi, JC, Windu, QGJ.

Only options I have available to me for the final slot would be 'Jedi Knight Guardian' or Ahsoka, as I'd be almost entirely buying them with Cantina currency.  Yes there are better toons out there, but I don't think resources and time would allow for anything else.
Which of those two would you pick?
Do you think it could work?

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #856 on: December 27, 2016, 12:26:47 PM »

-=Looking for opinions=-

I'm building towards a 5* Jedi team for the next Yoda event.  I should be able to arrange four 5* toons in time, but I'm short a fifth.  Current lineup will be Lumi, JC, Windu, QGJ.

Only options I have available to me for the final slot would be 'Jedi Knight Guardian' or Ahsoka, as I'd be almost entirely buying them with Cantina currency.  Yes there are better toons out there, but I don't think resources and time would allow for anything else.

Go with Ahsoka.  She has a much better DPS setup than the Guardian does. 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #857 on: December 27, 2016, 12:29:25 PM »

I agree, Ahsoka. working that way myself.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #858 on: December 27, 2016, 01:27:31 PM »

-=Looking for opinions=-

JKG is garbage. Go with Ahsoka, because she hits harder and she heals.

I can't stress this enough, you're going to want to have multiple healers on your Jedi squad when going against the 7* Yoda. He can stun your toons, reduce turn meter, he can rip off about 50% of your health with one hit, and his turn meter is cranked up, so he can sometimes get multiple goes with each turn.

I suggest a roster like:

Barriss as your lead - you get a small heal with every toon's turn. She's a long grind, but she's worth it when you make it to the 7* level.
Lumi - good heal, HoT, she hits hard, and she can take a punch.
QGJ - Yoda and his team will have buffs constantly. He can take them away, and when he does, he gives your squad offense up. He also has ally assist, which helps with Yoda's foresight.
Jedi Consular - decent hits and a decent healer. His turn meter is faster than Lumi and Barriss, and his heal cool down is faster. He's good to have as a gap filler when it comes to heals. Save your Barriss and Lumi heals for when toons are in real danger.
5th spot - what keeps happening to your squad? Plug in a Jedi that can fix that problem.

So, here are some good options for the 5th slot.

Ahsoka - as I said before, she can self heal and heal the squad.
Mace - a second debuff player than can really take a hit isn't a bad idea.
Kit Fisto - good for counter attacking, he often gets multiple hits with his basic, and he can give your squad potency. You need to get his abilities up to at least 7 or 8 for them to do any real damage, though.
Anakin - he really packs a punch now that they've reconfigured him.
Eeth Koth - while he can't really take a punch, if you keep him alive, and if his stun lands against Yoda or a Healer he brings along (don't do it when he has tenacity buff!), it can be a game changer.

Also keep in mind that Yoda will bring a couple Jedi with him at 7*. You won't know who he brings, so it might be a little bit of a crap shoot as to your roster. A lot of different configurations can work, but If he brings Lumi or Barriss, I'd just back out and try again. If you do have to go against Barriss, realize that her health is an equalizer, so if everyone is at about 50%, and she uses it, everyone will stay around 50% plus a little more. Get one person down to just over 50%, then another one, and then the third. Then go back to hitting one toon, she uses the health, and then you can resume your assault without much fear.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #859 on: December 27, 2016, 03:32:53 PM »

Unlocked Vader!!

Ahsoka's ship too...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #860 on: December 27, 2016, 03:48:11 PM »

Stupid ass training droid event...   Pretty sure we just had one of these damn things.  Where's my freakin credit heist EA?!?

Also, I am a little disappointed they cancelled the U-wing tournament.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #861 on: December 27, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »

Training droid event! My favourite! And perfect timing too.

@Soul, I agree with everyone else, go for Ahsoka. She also has a ship.

@Rapine, Vader is awesome. Put a bunch of AoE debuffers on your team, and provided they're still there at Vader's next turn, you can almost take out a character of your choice.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #862 on: December 27, 2016, 07:29:05 PM »

Well, I was having a good morning.  I got my EP to 75 and halfway to Gear 9.  He would have been higher level if the event had been credits(like it should have been) instead of another dumb droid event back to back with the last one.  Then of course I took a break from the game and checked my FB and saw the trending news.  Now I'm gonna go be depressed for a while.  Still gotta find a way to finish the day at work...

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #863 on: December 27, 2016, 10:17:06 PM »

Woohoo! First day I scored below 1000 in the Arena!

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #864 on: December 27, 2016, 10:40:40 PM »

Woohoo! First day I scored below 1000 in the Arena!

Way to go!

Well, I was having a good morning.  I got my EP to 75 and halfway to Gear 9.  He would have been higher level if the event had been credits(like it should have been) instead of another dumb droid event back to back with the last one.  Then of course I took a break from the game and checked my FB and saw the trending news.  Now I'm gonna go be depressed for a while.  Still gotta find a way to finish the day at work...

Yeah, I kind of want to run Leia in every team for a week or so. Just because I can.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #865 on: December 28, 2016, 12:40:12 AM »

-=Looking for opinions=-

I'm building towards a 5* Jedi team for the next Yoda event.  I should be able to arrange four 5* toons in time, but I'm short a fifth.  Current lineup will be Lumi, JC, Windu, QGJ.

Only options I have available to me for the final slot would be 'Jedi Knight Guardian' or Ahsoka, as I'd be almost entirely buying them with Cantina currency.  Yes there are better toons out there, but I don't think resources and time would allow for anything else.

I agree that of your options, Ahsoka is probably the best.

My team for the next Yoda events is going to be Barriss (lead), Luminara, Qui-Gon, Mace, and either Ahsoka or Jedi Consular.  I'd like to take Anakin, but I don't know that I can get him starred up in time.  I know it's impossible, but it would be nice if we could take Yoda...

Unlocked Vader!!

Ahsoka's ship too...

Both are awesome.  Get Vader geared and his mass DoT attack up as fast as you can.  Ahsoka and her ship are pretty handy and hit hard as well.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #866 on: December 28, 2016, 01:35:06 AM »

Grievous is now mine!! Thank you fleet shipments!

On that note, I've come up with a plan. I got K-2 for free and participated in the event to level him up, but I was never able to beat the last tier, so I only got him to 6* and some change. They then put him in the shard shop for 1,000 shard credits for 5 shards. I've been averaging a little over 1,000 credits every day.

I've done that through almost exclusively playing levels that give me extra shards to my current 7* characters, and I've refreshed my cantina and regular energies as much as possible to allow me to play as many of those levels as possible. I've also focused on playing the lowest possible levels that drop those character shards, which require the least amount of energy. For example, cantina 1-C gives Chewie shards at only 8 cantina energy.

I've also been selecting purchasing characters that give me extra shards in GW, Cantina, guild store, and fleet shipments. Although, in guild store and shipments, I have been purchasing other character shards if there are none of my 7* in the current rotation.

Why am I saying this? Grievous is 1,125 shard credits for 5 shards; slightly more than K-2.

If you want to to get GG, this is a good way of going about it.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #867 on: December 28, 2016, 02:35:42 AM »

11 PM couldn't come any slower.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #868 on: December 28, 2016, 02:49:00 AM »

Grievous is now mine!! Thank you fleet shipments!

On that note, I've come up with a plan. I got K-2 for free and participated in the event to level him up, but I was never able to beat the last tier, so I only got him to 6* and some change. They then put him in the shard shop for 1,000 shard credits for 5 shards. I've been averaging a little over 1,000 credits every day.

I've done that through almost exclusively playing levels that give me extra shards to my current 7* characters, and I've refreshed my cantina and regular energies as much as possible to allow me to play as many of those levels as possible. I've also focused on playing the lowest possible levels that drop those character shards, which require the least amount of energy. For example, cantina 1-C gives Chewie shards at only 8 cantina energy.

I've also been selecting purchasing characters that give me extra shards in GW, Cantina, guild store, and fleet shipments. Although, in guild store and shipments, I have been purchasing other character shards if there are none of my 7* in the current rotation.

Why am I saying this? Grievous is 1,125 shard credits for 5 shards; slightly more than K-2.

If you want to to get GG, this is a good way of going about it.

Hell of a grind to get him.  I did the whole thing from the shard shop, without fleet shipments.  Royal pain in the butt.  Now he's only at 4* and still need another 250 shards to get all powered up.  He's probably gonna get put on the back burner since I have K-2SO.

I will probably work on him some more at some point, but it will probably be after I have worked up my ships a good ways.  I've finished most of who I want from Cantina shop, so I've been using those points to buy ship credits since leveling ships is HUGELY expensive.  Still got a couple more I want from the PvP shop like Tarkin(only for the sake of ships) and also Nebit(for Tank raid).  Though sometimes I've used PvP shop points for Prestige items for ships since I'm stuck on Tier 2 of those ship missions since Tarkin's missions are a pain since it's DS only.  I was going to start using more GW tokens on characters for shards to turn in, but now I've mostly been using them on ships.

Another Squad Tournament coming soon for Vader's TIE.  I plan to be trying very hard for that so I can get my hands on another DS ship.  They are just too rare so far.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #869 on: December 28, 2016, 03:11:33 AM »

11 PM couldn't come any slower.

I thought I was the only one. Whew!

Hell of a grind to get him.  I did the whole thing from the shard shop, without fleet shipments.  Royal pain in the butt.  Now he's only at 4* and still need another 250 shards to get all powered up.  He's probably gonna get put on the back burner since I have K-2SO.

I will probably work on him some more at some point, but it will probably be after I have worked up my ships a good ways.  I've finished most of who I want from Cantina shop, so I've been using those points to buy ship credits since leveling ships is HUGELY expensive.  Still got a couple more I want from the PvP shop like Tarkin(only for the sake of ships) and also Nebit(for Tank raid).  Though sometimes I've used PvP shop points for Prestige items for ships since I'm stuck on Tier 2 of those ship missions since Tarkin's missions are a pain since it's DS only.  I was going to start using more GW tokens on characters for shards to turn in, but now I've mostly been using them on ships.

Another Squad Tournament coming soon for Vader's TIE.  I plan to be trying very hard for that so I can get my hands on another DS ship.  They are just too rare so far.

I agree. It's still definitely a grind to get him, but if you reach the point where you've exhausted the toons you want to get in certain areas, the way I described definitely will speed it up. I just hope they keep K-2 in the shop long enough to for me to get him to 7*, which should be this weekend or early next week, if I can maintain this pace. He's been a great addition to my Rebel squad.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: