Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653066 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #1020 on: January 04, 2017, 05:39:00 PM »

got Asoka's ship 3*, Wedge's is next for 3* ship. (makes 3 total)

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1021 on: January 04, 2017, 07:01:29 PM »

Rey and Luke are both 5 shards from 7*. Leia and Fett will be next. Then I'll work on 88 and ST Han. Then Lando and HK, all while also trying to get RG up there. I really shouldn't have neglected him.

My DS team will be pretty potent once 88 and RG are geared and starred up. I'm still running Sidious, but I want to swap him out. I'd like for it to be Dooku, but it'll be Fett. I think that will work too, with all those debuffs. My DS team seems to be all about crowd control.

You can get both to 7*, but you'll want to focus more on Rey than Luke.  He's OK, but not that great.  When you're done with those two in the Guild shop I'd work on Dengar or Jawa Eng.  Dengar if you need more Scoundrels for the Credit and Droid event, Jawa Eng for a Droid squad.

Fett is good to work on in the Cantina shop.  He is a whole lot more useful than he used to be.  

Honestly because the Emperor event is over, and all these are PvP tokens I'd work on it in this order:  IG-88 first, then HK, then Leia, then ST Han.  If you desperately need Scoundrels for the challenge then work on ST Han after 88.  I guess if you're really trying to build a Rebel squad you could change the order, but a strong Droid squad is killer.

I have found that Sidious isn't too bad if you're doing normal missions and you have a strong Vader leader and also have an Ally that has EP.  Dooku is good on that team too.  That group can tear stuff up.

I would work on Lando on Cantina battles and RG on the two Hard Mode battles so you can work on both at once.  Also I would work on IG-86 in GW to continue to build a Droid squad.

I'm not saying you absolutely must do all this in the way I've said, but as somebody who owns all of these at 7*, I know the value of certain teams over others.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1022 on: January 04, 2017, 08:40:59 PM »

You can get both to 7*, but you'll want to focus more on Rey than Luke.  He's OK, but not that great.  When you're done with those two in the Guild shop I'd work on Dengar or Jawa Eng.  Dengar if you need more Scoundrels for the Credit and Droid event, Jawa Eng for a Droid squad.

Fett is good to work on in the Cantina shop.  He is a whole lot more useful than he used to be.  

Honestly because the Emperor event is over, and all these are PvP tokens I'd work on it in this order:  IG-88 first, then HK, then Leia, then ST Han.  If you desperately need Scoundrels for the challenge then work on ST Han after 88.  I guess if you're really trying to build a Rebel squad you could change the order, but a strong Droid squad is killer.

I have found that Sidious isn't too bad if you're doing normal missions and you have a strong Vader leader and also have an Ally that has EP.  Dooku is good on that team too.  That group can tear stuff up.

I would work on Lando on Cantina battles and RG on the two Hard Mode battles so you can work on both at once.  Also I would work on IG-86 in GW to continue to build a Droid squad.

I'm not saying you absolutely must do all this in the way I've said, but as somebody who owns all of these at 7*, I know the value of certain teams over others.

That's actually almost the exact plan I have ever going in those different areas right now. That makes me feel better. ST Han has priority over HK for the scoundrel heists, like you mentioned. I'm trying to get Leia and Luke up to 7* just to finish them off, and once the EP event get closer, I'll start to gear and mod them up. At least I'll have them at 7*. Rey will definitely take priority over them, especially Luke.

I am currently buying 86 shards with every refresh in GW, now that my K-2 is 7*.

Thanks for the tips.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #1023 on: January 04, 2017, 10:06:32 PM »

Since this evening the Guild challenge switches to Hard Mode battles I'm not doing any of my normal ones during the day and instead working on doing DS 9 normal fights.
....you knew ahead of time what the next guild challenge was?  Um, how?  I feel like I'm missing something here  >_>

Also, my Bobo hit gear lvl7 last night, and I'm 1 item from a gear lvl7 Vader  Smiley

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1024 on: January 04, 2017, 10:20:36 PM »

Soul, it might be because Krace is a guild leader...

Unlocked and promoted a few toons in the past few days.

Promoted Biggs, Chewie, and Luke.  Unlocked ST Han, Datcha, and another I think...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1025 on: January 04, 2017, 10:41:13 PM »

....you knew ahead of time what the next guild challenge was?  Um, how?  I feel like I'm missing something here  >_>

Also, my Bobo hit gear lvl7 last night, and I'm 1 item from a gear lvl7 Vader  Smiley

They are actually on a set schedule:

https://swgoh.gg/g/activities/

That's where I draw the line though on being a slave to the game.

Most of the stuff I get some in everyday already.

But I can't worry about timing everything to get the max amount in - like the GW one.

Depending on the day I might do 24 nodes.  The next day I might do 1. I just have to play whenever I can, as much as I can.  Can't worry about timing to get the most Arena matches in possible, etc.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #1026 on: January 04, 2017, 10:47:14 PM »

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1027 on: January 04, 2017, 10:52:28 PM »

....you knew ahead of time what the next guild challenge was?  Um, how?  I feel like I'm missing something here  >_>

Soul, it might be because Krace is a guild leader...

That's where I draw the line though on being a slave to the game.

Most of the stuff I get some in everyday already.

But I can't worry about timing everything to get the max amount in - like the GW one.

Depending on the day I might do 24 nodes.  The next day I might do 1. I just have to play whenever I can, as much as I can.  Can't worry about timing to get the most Arena matches in possible, etc.

Heh, nope not a guild leader.  As LC said, they are on a set schedule though.  That site is pretty good about helping you max when to do things.  I don't follow that guide to the letter, but I follow it pretty close and usually I'm in the top 5, if not the top 3 contributors for the day.

I know ahead of time because it says in the game too.  If you tap on Activities and then tap on Guild Activities it takes you to the window that shows you how your guild is doing for that day.  How much progress, what tier, etc.  Then right below that it says Next Activity.  So right now it says "Next Activity: Hard Mode Battles".  In about 40 minutes when it changes to Hard Mode Battles then it will say "Next Activity: Challenges".

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #1028 on: January 05, 2017, 12:02:16 AM »

Well there you go, thanks Krace...

edit: point!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1029 on: January 05, 2017, 02:06:17 AM »

Woohoo. Gear 8 Vader, and more importantly, I finally got Darth Maul. Still a bunch of Gearing up to do before he's useable.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1030 on: January 05, 2017, 02:41:47 AM »

1 Rey shard away from 7*. It'll probably take me 3 days.  Smiley

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1031 on: January 05, 2017, 02:56:39 AM »

1 Rey shard away from 7*. It'll probably take me 3 days.  Smiley

Usually when I am 1 shard short, or when I know that I will be at some point I start looking in shipments or the shard shop so that I don't waste whatever currency I'd be spending.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1032 on: January 05, 2017, 03:00:57 AM »

Any extra shards are converted into shard shop currency.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1033 on: January 05, 2017, 03:23:56 AM »

@Krace - does your Guild have any Rules for the Rancor Raid?

If so - what are they?

We're currently changing ours up again . . . I'm looking at all possible options.

Any extra shards are converted into shard shop currency.

That reminds me - I gave some TERRIBLE advice before.

I mentioned that it cost ~2000 less in Shard Shop currency to collect mk v furnaces 3 at a time versus a whole one.

Yeah.

What I forgot is - the 3 at a time? That's salvage.  You still need the 20 mk 3 holo thingies and 50 "hair dryers".

The whole one is literally a whole one - ready to go. Don't need the additional junk.

So - WELL worth the extra 2k currency, ESPECIALLY if you are currently done collecting new Arena & Cantina characters like I am.

My. Bad.  Roll Eyes

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1034 on: January 05, 2017, 04:00:35 AM »

Got the Emperor to Gear 8.

I got lucky with ships as I jumped in about 2 minutes after they were released.  Sat in the top 5 for a couple of weeks but have been slowly slipping back since I'm not spending money on the game.  Currently in the top 30.  I'm happy if I can stay in the top 50.  Just got Mace's ship to 4*.

Currently working on Barriss to 6* to make sure I have a full Jedi team for the next Yoda.  Luminara, Mace, and Ahsoka are all well on their way to 7*, with all of my cantina credits going to Qui-Gon.  Working on Anakin, but he's still at 4*, so I don't think I'm going to make him to 6* before the next Yoda.  Also working on Rey because she's just evil.  And trying to get IG-88 for droid and scoundrel team.  My current scoundrel team bites.  And trying to star up Dengar because a 2* Dengar doesn't last long in the upper tier credit heists.

Oh, and I drew Teebo from a Bronzium.  And I need to work on Maul to try out in my Sith team.  Currently I have Emperor, Vader, Sidious, Dooku and..... that's my problem, I currently don't have anyone great for that last spot.  Royal Guard works ok, and oddly enough Tarkin actually works pretty well.

And, of course, I have a bunch of training droids and no credits.... Oh, and I need to work on mods...

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: