Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653738 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1095 on: January 10, 2017, 03:38:22 AM »

Well done, DC. One thing I've noticed is that mix and match teams that are high powered like that are easier to take down than a high powered team that has lots of synergy. My rebel team will regularly wallop a team that's a few thousand points higher than mine. If you find one in the arena, it has the chance to be a good fight in your favor, unless they're all maxed out and crazy high, which also happens.

Apparently that's true. My squad has 26,000 power. 30,000 is the minimum I see out there. I'm happy I win at all.

With a DS team that can really pile on the debuffs, Vader's culling blade and Boba's execute, as well as 88's critical damage boost on debuffed opponents, you can really knock a team down quickly. Add in EP's and RG's stun...that's a pretty devastating team.

EP, Vader, RG, Sid, and Lumi do well with debuffs. Sidious's time is coming to an end even for me, so that's a main debuff player. Basic debuffs the target and special the whole team. But he doesn't hit hard enough to remain on my A team. Funny how he used to be my hardest hitter, a laughable 1200-2000. I've had EP do 8000 on a crit with his basic, NTM Shocking them.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1096 on: January 10, 2017, 04:16:15 AM »

EP, Vader, RG, Sid, and Lumi do well with debuffs. Sidious's time is coming to an end even for me, so that's a main debuff player. Basic debuffs the target and special the whole team. But he doesn't hit hard enough to remain on my A team. Funny how he used to be my hardest hitter, a laughable 1200-2000. I've had EP do 8000 on a crit with his basic, NTM Shocking them.

It's all in how you use him. My DS team, as you could probably tell by that post, is all about stacking the debuffs and using those as damage multipliers. If you use him that way, he does pretty well. I'm still using him, but I will replace him when I start working on my DS team. And he gets synergy with EP, so those heals plus his TM boost and self heals when someone dies have stretched his usefulness for a bit.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1097 on: January 10, 2017, 04:41:58 AM »

It's all in how you use him. My DS team, as you could probably tell by that post, is all about stacking the debuffs and using those as damage multipliers. If you use him that way, he does pretty well. I'm still using him, but I will replace him when I start working on my DS team. And he gets synergy with EP, so those heals plus his TM boost and self heals when someone dies have stretched his usefulness for a bit.

Ditto. Same place as you with him. Sort of useful, but doesn't pack the punch he used to, also bad on health.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1098 on: January 10, 2017, 03:01:25 PM »

With a DS team that can really pile on the debuffs, Vader's culling blade and Boba's execute, as well as 88's critical damage boost on debuffed opponents, you can really knock a team down quickly. Add in EP's and RG's stun...that's a pretty devastating team.

Ditto. Same place as you with him. Sort of useful, but doesn't pack the punch he used to, also bad on health.

I've found that Sid is OK when doing missions, but you need to have EP and Vader providing their leader bonus.  So obviously you'd need allies that either have EP or Vader and you'd use the other.  EP helps boost Sid's HP and Vader helps him hit harder.  Dooku is OK in that squad if you are facing Jedi, but otherwise he's less effective and not as good with debuffs.  Boba or IG-88 are good substitutions for Dooku and/or Sid.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1099 on: January 10, 2017, 05:28:21 PM »

Wedge at 7*. I'm 2/3 through my GW table, and based on node 6, I'm worried.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1100 on: January 10, 2017, 05:35:53 PM »

I've been sailing through the GW tables lately - it won't last - I know...

Just got Magnatrooper.  Oh boy!

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1101 on: January 10, 2017, 05:39:23 PM »

Uh, you guys should be saving your GW battles today.  It switches from LS missions to GW battles this evening.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1102 on: January 10, 2017, 05:40:36 PM »

Uh, you guys should be saving your GW battles today.  It switches from LS missions to GW battles this evening.
It does what now?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1103 on: January 10, 2017, 06:10:37 PM »

It does what now?

Right now the Guild Activity is LS Battles.  In about 5.5 hours it switches to GW Nodes.  In other words, you shouldn't be doing GW yet today if you want to get more credit.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1104 on: January 10, 2017, 06:44:37 PM »

Right now the Guild Activity is LS Battles.  In about 5.5 hours it switches to GW Nodes.  In other words, you shouldn't be doing GW yet today if you want to get more credit.
I see.   Shocked

Thanks for the advice, kind sir.

Another example of my obliviousness.  Although, in all fairness, I don't have any six star toons yet, so don't really do much guild stuff yet either.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1105 on: January 10, 2017, 07:41:19 PM »

Rapine, you don't have any 6* toons yet?!

----

Best day for GoH! I got EP, RG, Lumi, Biggs, and Maul to level 70. Soon I will have a level 70 Gear 8 A team!

Just need one more piece to get Maul to Gear 8. Then I will try EP (lead), Vader, RG, Maul, and Lumi. Oh yeah.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1106 on: January 10, 2017, 07:46:22 PM »

I see.   Shocked

Thanks for the advice, kind sir.

Another example of my obliviousness.  Although, in all fairness, I don't have any six star toons yet, so don't really do much guild stuff yet either.

It's easy to see the next days stuff.  Just go into the Guild Activity and see what it is you're working on today and it'll tell you what's coming up too.  Also, doesn't matter what your star rating is for participating in the Guild Activity.  You help the Guild earn tickets for raids and you get coins for spending.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1107 on: January 10, 2017, 08:17:38 PM »

Right now the Guild Activity is LS Battles.  In about 5.5 hours it switches to GW Nodes.  In other words, you shouldn't be doing GW yet today if you want to get more credit.

Yeah, I saw that, but I'm home alone with my boys this week, so my ability to play has greatly diminished. I don't want to have to try to run two tables in one day. I don't think I'll have time. Thanks for looking out for us, though.

I did beat the table, and I now have enough shards for 7* Leia. I just need the credits.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1108 on: January 10, 2017, 10:41:28 PM »

Yeah, I saw that, but I'm home alone with my boys this week, so my ability to play has greatly diminished. I don't want to have to try to run two tables in one day. I don't think I'll have time. Thanks for looking out for us, though.

Understandable.  Family comes first.

It is quite a challenge when I try and get 3 tables done in 24 hours.  36 GW battles takes a while to try and find time for.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1109 on: January 10, 2017, 11:08:37 PM »

Oh Sim tickets. Always run out of those. I have to buy them from Shipments quite often.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: